This job has been closed.
What’s in it for you
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work. These include but aren’t limited to:
- Annual bonus scheme
- Holiday starting at 25 days plus a personal day (plus 8 Bank holidays)
- On-site state of the art gym at our Welwyn Campus with discounted “Gympass” membership & free health checks via Nuffield Health
- Retirement savings plan - save between 4% and 7.5% and Tesco will match your contribution
- Life Assurance - 5 x contractual pay
- Share Schemes – Join our ‘Buy As You Earn’ & ‘Save As You Earn’ share schemes after 3 months service
- Colleague Clubcard (including a 2nd card for a family member) after 3 months service
- Colleague Discounts:
- 10% increasing to 15% after every pay day for a four day period, off most purchases at Tesco
- 10% off One Stop
- 10% off pay monthly & SIM only deals with Tesco Mobile
- 20% off all F&F purchases
- 20% off car, pet and home insurance at Tesco bank. T&C’s apply
- 25% off Tesco Café
- 50% off complete glasses purchases & free eye tests (other offers available) at Vision Express
- 50% off health checks at Tesco Pharmacy
- An exclusive deals and discounts website saving you money on everyday purchases, treats for the family, eating out and utility bills for the home
- Cycle to work scheme
- Shuttle Bus Service to/from Welwyn Garden City Station to Welwyn Campus
- Opportunities to get on - take advantage of our ongoing learning opportunities and award-winning training, to help you achieve the job and career you want
- Our Employee Assistance Programme helps you deal with life’s challenges
- Financial wellness - Tesco has partnered with experts to help you make the most of your money
- Get involved in a range of fundraising activities with our long-term charity partners
About the role
We are delighted to share a unique opportunity within the Tesco Marketing function for a Media Manager.
The Media Manager is at the heart of one of the largest and most effective in-house media teams in the UK. The role ensures operational media planning and buying excellence, by constantly assessing Tesco's approach to media.
This role would suit someone who has demonstrated a broad-ranging media-focused role with experience of working with media agencies, internal client teams and key industry bodies.
You will be responsible for
- Being a champion for media planning excellence within Customer, ensuring the most effective use of paid and owned resources to drive key objectives
- Core member of the team that creates the Customer Communication Plan, using econometrics, competitive analysis and more to develop the annual plan
- Ensuring the flawless execution of media plans through operational excellence; for example, creating, reviewing and updating media standards to ensure Tesco's media delivers the upmost quality at the best possible price
- Working collaboratively with third party auditors to ensure the media agency delivers contractual buying guarantees
- Ensuring Tesco has best-in-class contractual arrangements in place, working closely with Procurement and Legal
- Running quarterly commercial governance meetings with the media agency
- Setting principles for the deployment of Tesco’s owned media channels such as in-store tannoys and SmartScreens
- Developing relationships with key media partners, with a view to ensuring that Tesco can create bespoke partnerships with them and always be at the forefront of new developments and opportunities in the industry
- Being an active member of the media industry, and sitting on relevant groups such as ISBA’s AV Working Group and Origin Committee
You will need
It is essential to either have had experience of working in a media team client-side or at a media agency
A broad-ranging media-focused role with experience of working with media agencies, internal client teams and key industry bodies.
A role that has incorporated agency management and governance.
We are supportive of colleagues having conversations with hiring managers about what office presence will look like in the context of the role.
NOTE: Should you be successful in your application, your offer will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details on your agreed start date.