What’s in it for you
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work. These include but aren’t limited to:
- Annual bonus scheme where you can earn up to 5% of base salary
- Holiday starting at 20 days plus a personal day rising to 22 days after 12 months (plus 8 Bank holidays)
- On-site state of the art gym at our Welwyn Campus with discounted “Gympass” membership & free health checks via Nuffield Health
- Retirement savings plan - save between 4% and 7.5% and Tesco will match your contribution
- Life Assurance - 5 x contractual pay
- Share Schemes – Join our ‘Buy As You Earn’ & ‘Save As You Earn’ share schemes after 3 months service
- Colleague Clubcard (including a 2nd card for a family member) after 3 months service
- Colleague Discounts:
- 10% increasing to 15% after every pay day for a four day period, off most purchases at Tesco
- 10% off One Stop
- 10% off pay monthly & SIM only deals with Tesco Mobile
- 20% off all F&F purchases
- 20% off car, pet and home insurance at Tesco bank. T&C’s apply
- 25% off Tesco Café
- 50% off complete glasses purchases & free eye tests (other offers available) at Vision Express
- 50% off health checks at Tesco Pharmacy
- An exclusive deals and discounts website saving you money on everyday purchases, treats for the family, eating out and utility bills for the home
- Cycle to work scheme
- Shuttle Bus Service to/from Welwyn Garden City Station to Welwyn Campus
- Opportunities to get on - take advantage of our ongoing learning opportunities and award-winning training, to help you achieve the job and career you want
- Our Employee Assistance Programme helps you deal with life’s challenges
- Financial wellness - Tesco has partnered with experts to help you make the most of your money
- Get involved in a range of fundraising activities with our long-term charity partners
About the role
The Insight team’s mission is to influence Tesco to make confident decisions because we understand Customers and Colleagues better than anyone. Our key priorities are setting the customer agenda, commercialising insight, business partnering internally and externally, storytelling and democratising insight.
In this role you will use expertise in Data Analytics to understand and review performance of our Value strategy, assessing the efficacy of key activities like Clubcard Prices and Aldi Price Match, to ensure they are delivering great value for customers and building loyalty. With this knowledge you will be expected to identify and propose for improvements to these or other new schemes.
You will be responsible for
Analysing data sets of multiple types (research, behavioural, panel, economic) to find insight about our customers, competitors and markets that we can act on.
Use expertise to produce accurate and actionable insight which develops and drives actions in support of our customer growth strategy within a fast-paced environment. Work on developing story-telling to translate analysis to business questions.
Work closely with other Analysts and Researchers in the Insight team (inc. Dunnhumby and TBS) as well as those in other teams (Product, Channel, Property) and with our data science team in Technology. Be an active participant in this community of best practice.
Work with colleagues across the team to help support the development of future data, tools and capabilities being developed.
On a project basis, ensure these deliver against requirements, and are presented in a way to make the complex simple and land the key messages with impact.
Following our Business Code of Conduct and always acting with integrity and due diligence.
You will need
- Strong statistical background applied across a number of areas using both simple and complex statistical models.
- Skilled in using statistical / data analytics software e.g. SAS, R, Python, SPSS, SQL etc. (SAS, Python or R preferred), SQL is required.
- Skilled in visualisation software e.g. Tableau, Looker (Tableau preferred)
- Experience and confidence in using Excel to an expert level.
- A curious self-starter that is keen to learn new approaches and techniques.
NOTE: Should you be successful in your application, your offer will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details on your agreed start date.