Corporate Communications Manager
This job has been closed.
What’s in it for you
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work. These include but aren’t limited to:
- Annual bonus scheme
- Holiday starting at 25 days plus a personal day (plus 8 Bank holidays)
- On-site state of the art gym at our Welwyn Campus with discounted “Gympass” membership & free health checks via Nuffield Health
- Retirement savings plan - save between 4% and 7.5% and Tesco will match your contribution
- Life Assurance - 5 x contractual pay
- Share Schemes – Join our ‘Buy As You Earn’ & ‘Save As You Earn’ share schemes after 3 months service
- Colleague Clubcard (including a 2nd card for a family member) after 3 months service
- Colleague Discounts:
- 10% increasing to 15% after every pay day for a four day period, off most purchases at Tesco
- 10% off One Stop
- 10% off pay monthly & SIM only deals with Tesco Mobile
- 20% off all F&F purchases
- 20% off car, pet and home insurance at Tesco bank. T&C’s apply
- 25% off Tesco Café
- 50% off complete glasses purchases & free eye tests (other offers available) at Vision Express
- 50% off health checks at Tesco Pharmacy
- An exclusive deals and discounts website saving you money on everyday purchases, treats for the family, eating out and utility bills for the home
- Cycle to work scheme
- Shuttle Bus Service to/from Welwyn Garden City Station to Welwyn Campus
- Opportunities to get on - take advantage of our ongoing learning opportunities and award-winning training, to help you achieve the job and career you want
- Our Employee Assistance Programme helps you deal with life’s challenges
- Financial wellness - Tesco has partnered with experts to help you make the most of your money
- Get involved in a range of fundraising activities with our long-term charity partners
About the role
We are delighted to share a new and exciting opportunity for a Corporate Communications Manager to join the Group Communications team at Tesco.
The successful candidate will take on responsibility for helping to communicate Tesco's corporate story by handling media engagement on key corporate issues; drafting speeches and reports for the Executive Committee and creating content for corporate and financial calendar events.
This role would suit someone who has excellent communication skills with an ability to build relationships with internal and external stakeholders, experience of working under pressure and at a fast pace as well as an ability to identify potential reputational risk.
You will be responsible for
- Bringing Tesco's corporate story to life, ensuring it reflects our core purpose, values, strategic priorities and customer proposition, to help build trust in the brand.
- Drafting written material of exceptional quality and clarity for the CEO, Chairman and Executive Committee, articulating Tesco's corporate story and encapsulating our purpose and brand. Material will include high-level speeches and editorials, as well as internal communications, supporting key events such as financial results, the AGM and the Annual Report.
- Handling corporate media enquiries, working with the Head of Corporate Communications and Press Office team to respond to journalists.
- Supporting the CEO and Executive Committee to create regular content for internal communications.
- Supporting the CEO and Executive Committee with media engagement, developing the right media strategy and providing detailed briefings.
- Supporting the approval process for external activity and materials, including speeches, awards and case studies, using judgement to consider what will help us to build trust in Tesco, and mitigating reputational risks.
- Managing the Corporate Communications inbox, handling speaking invitations and other requests sent to the CEO
You will need
- Financial PR experience, at agency or in-house
- High-level corporate copy-writing
- Media handling and press office experience
We are supportive of colleagues having conversations with hiring managers about what office presence will look like in the context of the role.
NOTE: Should you be successful in your application, your offer will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details on your agreed start date.