Allocator - F&F
This job has been closed.
What’s in it for you
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work. These include but aren’t limited to:
- Annual bonus scheme where you can earn up to 5% of base salary
- Holiday starting at 20 days plus a personal day rising to 22 days after 12 months (plus 8 Bank holidays)
- On-site state of the art gym at our Welwyn Campus with discounted “Gympass” membership & free health checks via Nuffield Health
- Retirement savings plan - save between 4% and 7.5% and Tesco will match your contribution
- Life Assurance - 5 x contractual pay
- Share Schemes – Join our ‘Buy As You Earn’ & ‘Save As You Earn’ share schemes after 3 months service
- Colleague Clubcard (including a 2nd card for a family member) after 3 months service
- Colleague Discounts:
- 10% increasing to 15% after every pay day for a four day period, off most purchases at Tesco
- 10% off One Stop
- 10% off pay monthly & SIM only deals with Tesco Mobile
- 20% off all F&F purchases
- 20% off car, pet and home insurance at Tesco bank. T&C’s apply
- 25% off Tesco Café
- 50% off complete glasses purchases & free eye tests (other offers available) at Vision Express
- 50% off health checks at Tesco Pharmacy
- An exclusive deals and discounts website saving you money on everyday purchases, treats for the family, eating out and utility bills for the home
- Cycle to work scheme
- Shuttle Bus Service to/from Welwyn Garden City Station to Welwyn Campus
- Opportunities to get on - take advantage of our ongoing learning opportunities and award-winning training, to help you achieve the job and career you want
- Our Employee Assistance Programme helps you deal with life’s challenges
- Financial wellness - Tesco has partnered with experts to help you make the most of your money
- Get involved in a range of fundraising activities with our long-term charity partners
About the role
Whilst specific responsibilities will be dependent upon the changing needs of the Tesco business, the following provides an overview of the role’s key responsibilities and measures:
You will manage the effective and accurate allocation & replenishment of stock, to provide the required stock levels, in Stores, in order to achieve targeted sales – in line with business plans. You will analyse the performance of lines, to provide accurate information, for the purposes of allocation and business planning.
As a key player within the Trading team you will build relationships with Stores, to identify and drive commercial opportunities, to support their product areas.
You will be responsible for
- Manage the throughput of stock from allocation to replenishment using and maintaining all available tools
- Demonstrate and maintain competence in all technical area’s relevant to the role
- Analysis of Weekly Sales information, including ROS analysis, Bestsellers, Cover Sheets and decide with Senior Allocator & Merchandising on next step actions to be taken for priority Stores & Lines
- Produce department analysis for the Assistant Merchandisers
- Allocate to new Store Openings and Refits, monitoring package builds
- Maintain successful meetings with Merchandising by promoting distribution strategies and improving communication
- Responsible for maintaining all data, the distribution of Reports and understands the importance of accurate, organized & timely filing
- This role will best suit an individual who enjoys working as part of a team, is well organised, pragmatic and a lateral thinker with an inquisitive mind who is motivated to make change for the better and, most importantly, puts our customers first.
- Visit stores to gain a better understanding of the impact of allocations/replenishment and store stock profiles
- Be commercial and aware of the changing role of retail on the High St and in the competition
Team management and development
- Carries out tasks as delegated, in a timely manner, working under supervision.
- Asks for support & direction to develop skill base
- Demonstrate behavioural skills required of every member of the team
- Review and monitor the department Operating Plan to ensure that all objectives are met throughout the year
You will need
Clear & concise in all written & verbal communications
Communicates clearly and effectively with others to gather information to make better informed decisions
Is a positive & enthusiastic member of the team
Deputises for others at same level and assists with training as required
Responsible for own actions under supervision of line manager
Builds positive relationships with own team members & other functions
Has a positive ‘can do attitude’
Embraces and demonstrates a positive ‘can do’ attitude to all work situations
Demonstrates personal commitment
Working under pressure
When under pressure is able to work in a positive & productive manner under supervision
Innovation and change
Creates and introduces ideas that drive change and innovation
- Personal attributes that reflect the role requirements above
- Good Excel computer skills
- Be interested and excited by fashion retailing
- Numerical and logical skills are essential
- Able to be self-motivated and work under management
- Fit in with a strong team
Tesco has become a market leader by doing the little things that really matter for our customers and colleagues. It is part of what makes Tesco such a great place to work!
We are the UK's number one retailer and we pride ourselves on offering a great shopping experience. We are passionate about our food, merchandise and services and will always try to get things right for our customers.
But did you know we also offer great job opportunities? With stores, distribution centres and offices across the UK, we have a vast variety of roles and we are always looking for people who have a hunger to work with customers and colleagues across our exciting business. We believe in treating each other with respect and giving everyone an equal opportunity to get on. It's our people that make the difference every day - helping us make a difference for our customers.
We are proud to have an inclusive culture at Tesco where everyone is welcome and truly feels able to be themselves. At Tesco, we not only celebrate diversity, but recognise the value and opportunity it brings to enable us to serve our shoppers a little better every day. We strive to create a workforce that reflects our customers not only here in the UK, but worldwide. Our aim is to attract and welcome a diverse range applicants from all walks of life, offering many varying working patterns across our business and we would love to hear from you!
It remains that Shire Park is our central location for Head Office teams. We have recently announced that we will be moving towards a more blended working week – combining office and remote working. Our base will be the office, where we connect, collaborate and innovate – and there will be the expectation for everyone to be in the office more often than not. For Head Office roles we therefore expect colleagues to spend a proportion of their time at our offices in Shire Park.
We are supportive of colleagues having conversations with hiring managers about what office presence will look like in the context of the role.
NOTE: Should you be successful in your application, your offer will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details on your agreed start date.