Procurement Manager – Software
The job has expired.
What’s in it for you
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work. These include but aren’t limited to:
- Annual bonus scheme
- Holiday starting at 25 days plus a personal day (plus 8 Bank holidays)
- On-site state of the art gym at our Welwyn Campus with discounted “Gympass” membership & free health checks via Nuffield Health
- Retirement savings plan - save between 4% and 7.5% and Tesco will match your contribution
- Life Assurance - 5 x contractual pay
- Share Schemes – Join our ‘Buy As You Earn’ & ‘Save As You Earn’ share schemes after 3 months service
- Colleague Clubcard (including a 2nd card for a family member) after 3 months service
- Colleague Discounts:
- 10% increasing to 15% after every pay day for a four day period, off most purchases at Tesco
- 10% off One Stop
- 10% off pay monthly & SIM only deals with Tesco Mobile
- 20% off all F&F purchases
- 20% off car, pet and home insurance at Tesco bank. T&C’s apply
- 25% off Tesco Café
- 50% off complete glasses purchases & free eye tests (other offers available) at Vision Express
- 50% off health checks at Tesco Pharmacy
- An exclusive deals and discounts website saving you money on everyday purchases, treats for the family, eating out and utility bills for the home
- Cycle to work scheme
- Shuttle Bus Service to/from Welwyn Garden City Station to Welwyn Campus
- Opportunities to get on - take advantage of our ongoing learning opportunities and award-winning training, to help you achieve the job and career you want
- Our Employee Assistance Programme helps you deal with life’s challenges
- Financial wellness - Tesco has partnered with experts to help you make the most of your money
- Get involved in a range of fundraising activities with our long-term charity partners
About the role
Tesco is a Global organisation at the forefront of providing innovative retail technology products and services to our customers and colleagues. As Procurement Manager for Software you’ll be provided with the opportunity to procure across UK, CE and Asia and work with key software suppliers/vendors in the market.
You’ll be provided with the opportunity to work on some of the biggest contracts for the group, which shape the future of the Technology in Tesco. Our team works with many different functions across the business which will give you great insight into areas such as Distribution, Retail, Marketing, Finance, Property and many more. We are looking for someone to support Tesco group partners, globally, by negotiating commercial and legal terms with new and incumbent suppliers and handling supplier relationships.
You’ll be challenged in this role due to the fast and exciting pace and the role you will play in closing out key contracts/agreements that make a difference for our customers and colleagues.
Our Procurement colleagues enjoy that they are accountable for leading their category and are given the opportunity to work with Senior Stakeholders across the business. Our colleagues also enjoy the fact that we work closely with our Technology colleagues and are viewed as an extension of their team.
You will be responsible for
- Strong awareness of the IT/Technology supply market with procurement knowledge across Functional / Digital Applications
- Software sourcing & category management experience
- Through influence and challenge, develop strong working relationships with partners to support, endorse and deliver sub category plans aligned to category Procurement strategies to realise business savings and support innovation.
- Build and deliver sub category plans aligned to Category Plans by being innovative and collaborative with various cross functional partners
- Actively minimise revenue and capital costs through improved use of tools, processes and application of best practice. This will be achieved through a combination of influencing partners and robust planning
- Consistently track and report on savings targets for specified sub-categories using the agreed process
- Using sound judgement build new and develop existing supplier relationships to ensure continued suitability and create greater value across the organisation
- Support the business to achieving compliance with legal, ethical and safety procurement policies with integrity and good judgement
- Develop and lead a high performing team enabling them to reach their potential to deliver a world class procurement function
You will need
- CIPS qualified at level 4 (diploma)
- 5 Years strong procurement experience
- Previous Procurement management of Software contracts
- Cross functional working and partner engagement
- Strong negotiation skills
- Knowledge of Supplier relationship and performance management
- Category Planning experience
- MS Office
- Strong Commercial acumen
- Contract management experience
- Development of self, high standards of personal ethic
We are supportive of colleagues having conversations with hiring managers about what office presence will look like in the context of the role.
NOTE: Should you be successful in your application, your offer will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details on your agreed start date.