One Stop - RTOC Manager
This job has been closed.
What’s in it for you
At One Stop we value our colleagues just as much as our customers, and part of this is the benefits we offer:
- 10% Discount in One Stop & Tesco stores
- Discounted Tesco pharmacy services
- Discounted shopping website
- Free eye Test
- A great holiday package
- A commitment to your career development
- Community involvement and charity work
- Pensions Scheme
One Stop is a subsidiary of the Tesco Group but is operated as a separate business and as such benefits offered will differ between One Stop and Tesco.
About the role
At One Stop we aim to serve our local shoppers a little better every day, with a culture that is friendly, fun and where everyone is treated with respect, you have a really great place to work. As part of the team you can make a difference to our business by:
- Treating each other how they like to be treated.
- Making things easier.
- Working together as one team.
- Making our customers at the heart of everything we do.
We want you to understand the business inside out, we need you to live and embed our values and build great relationships with the amazing people across our business.
You will be responsible for
Reducing Total Operating Cost Manager
- Work independently to Identify and deliver simplification and cost saving opportunities within the stores, DCs and Support centre
- Project management of opportunities through to delivery. Facilitation of the relevant project meetings and governance sessions and applying an analytical approach to my work
- Identifying any cross-programme dependencies and understand opportunities
- Managing risks and issues across a programme or project
- Working with the Finance Team to ensure that the Business Case of a project / programme and outcome KPIs are defined and clear
- Engaging and aligning stakeholders to the programme/project plan
- Supporting in the development of the specific Project/Programme Team, building capability and addressing areas of concern
- Ensuring consistency of approach through standard Project/Programme management ways of working and helping them to move at pace, using project manager tools available to me
- Supporting wider cost saving and simplification plans within individual functional plans
- Managing & conducting work activities in such a way as to ensure the safety, health & welfare at work of all colleagues & customers
- 30% of my time shaping plans, running trials and communicating with stakeholders and the wider business
- 20% of my time planning and running NWTs
- 30% of my time working with project team members delivering the plan and resolving issues/risks
- 20% of my time identifying future opportunities, challenges, strategy and wider marketplace activities
You will need
Collaboration: Working together across my department and across the wider business to achieve a shared success.
In my role: I talk to my colleagues, sharing knowledge, experience and best practice. I create a team spirit in my department and I have a network that stretches beyond my department.
Empathy: Building strong relationships with my stakeholders.
In my role: I am warm and welcoming with all of my stakeholders, putting people at the heart of everything I do. I take time to see, hear and recognise others, building strong relationships.
Responsiveness: Being flexible in the way you think, make decisions and handle change.
In my role: I act quickly, making decisions based on what is right for our customers and colleagues. I thrive on change and take people with me to deliver it.
Resilience: Knowing your own sources of energy and keeping yourself fit for life.
In my role: I have energy and drive to deliver beyond expectation. My colleagues see me doing the right thing both when everything is going well and when times are tough. I know how to be at my best.
Innovation: Always looking for ideas and opportunities to build a better One Stop.
In my role: I keep my eyes open looking for opportunities to improve my department. I share my ideas and encourage my colleagues to do the same.
- Experience of project management
- Broad experience of business processes / functions
- Strong stakeholder management
- Good analysis and decision-making skills
- Ability to work collaboratively, be diplomatic and take people with me
- Excellent time management, planning and organisational skills
- Knowledge of our competitive set
- Project and change Management qualification
- Project Management (preferred)