One Stop - Lead People Partner - ER and Stores
This job has been closed.
What’s in it for you
At One Stop we value our colleagues just as much as our customers, and part of this is the benefits we offer:
- 10% Discount in One Stop & Tesco stores
- Discounted Tesco pharmacy services
- Discounted shopping website
- Free eye Test
- A great holiday package
- A commitment to your career development
- Community involvement and charity work
- Pensions Scheme
One Stop is a subsidiary of the Tesco Group but is operated as a separate business and as such benefits offered will differ between One Stop and Tesco.
About the role
At One Stop we aim to serve our local shoppers a little better every day, with a culture that is friendly, fun and where everyone is treated with respect, you have a really great place to work. As part of the team you can make a difference to our colleagues by:
- Providing opportunities for everyone to grow, learn and develop
- Making sure our colleagues feel engaged and are rewarded for their contribution
- Create an inclusive culture so that our colleagues love to come to work
We want you to understand the business inside out, we need you to live and embed our values and build great relationships with the amazing people across our business.
You will be responsible for
N.B - The official Job Title for this role is 'People Partner - ER and Stores.'
- You will lead a team of 14 regionally based People Partners who support our store teams across the UK (9000 colleagues).
- Partner our retail leadership team (Heads of Retail and Head of Operations), ensuring our people plan is aligned with the business objectives and supports our continued growth.
- Lead and help shape our people plan for stores ensuring consistency of our colleague offer across all of the UK.
- Build and lead the people streams of any change activity which takes place in stores.
- Work with key leadership team stakeholders to build and lead people solutions to enable business change.
- Invest time and develop our People Partners. I spot and nurture talent, delivering training and coaching that unlocks pride and high performance throughout our team.
- Be visible across the business, I celebrate success, work hard to ensure colleagues feel engaged with our plans.
- Continually aim to raise the bar, ensuring we have the most highly trained colleagues, leading brilliant training and capability plans.
- Support and encourage the People Partners to deliver localised problem solving through great relationships with colleagues and managers focusing on early & informal resolution of issues.
- Nurture a culture where colleagues feel happy, valued and love working for One Stop and am accountable for the wellbeing of our colleagues including short & long term absence.
- You will champion a consistent colleague experience getting the basics right for their team including uniform, pay, welfare, tools to do the job, environment and recognition for good work.
- Lead our central People Admin team based in the SSC, ensuring a great service is provided to our People Partners, enabling them to focus their time on partnering our retail teams.
- Role model our values at all times. Be courageous in challenging others who don’t put people first.
Look after our Customers:
- Understand our customers, how they feel about their shopping experience in my stores and use this insight to inform our training and capability plans for retail.
Look after our Business:
- Lead and manage resolution of any externally escalated employee relations cases, in partnership with our company solicitors.
- Minimise settlement costs by using sound logic and reason when reviewing ACAS conciliations and Employment Tribunals around all Employee Relation issues.
- You are skilled in Root Cause Analysis, delving beyond the most obvious issue, to understand the true issue & impact, being curious & testing others’ thinking to establish facts.
- Ensure we have robust people audit processes across retail.
- You will ensure that our people policies are updated in line with employment law changes and business needs.
- Follow our business values & always acting with integrity and due diligence.
You will need
Collaboration: Working together across my department and across the wider business to achieve a shared success.
In my role: I talk to my colleagues, sharing knowledge, experience and best practice. I create a team spirit in my department and I have a network that stretches beyond my department.
Empathy: Building strong relationships with my stakeholders.
In my role: I am warm and welcoming with all of my stakeholders, putting people at the heart of everything I do. I take time to see, hear and recognise others, building strong relationships.
Responsiveness: Being flexible in the way you think, make decisions and handle change.
In my role: I act quickly, making decisions based on what is right for our customers and colleagues. I thrive on change and take people with me to deliver it.
Resilience: Knowing your own sources of energy and keeping yourself fit for life.
In my role: I have energy and drive to deliver beyond expectation. My colleagues see me doing the right thing both when everything is going well and when times are tough. I know how to be at my best.
Innovation: Always looking for ideas and opportunities to build a better One Stop.
In my role: I keep my eyes open looking for opportunities to improve my department. I share my ideas and encourage my colleagues to do the same.
- Proven track record of people partnering in a fast paced environment.
- Strong ER Knowledge.
- You will talk to your colleagues, share knowledge, experiences and best practice.
- Be warm and welcoming with customers and colleagues, putting people at the heart of everything you do.
- You take time to see, hear and recognise others, building strong relationships.
- You will thrive on change and take people with you to deliver it.
- Have energy and drive to deliver beyond expectations.
- Know how to be at your best.
- Keep your eyes open looking for opportunities to improve stores and the wider business.
- Share ideas and encourage your colleagues to do the same.