One Stop - Tech Support Analyst
This job has been closed.
What’s in it for you
At One Stop we value our colleagues just as much as our customers, and part of this is the benefits we offer:
- 10% Discount in One Stop & Tesco stores
- Discounted Tesco pharmacy services
- Discounted shopping website
- Free eye Test
- A great holiday package
- A commitment to your career development
- Community involvement and charity work
- Pensions Scheme
One Stop is a subsidiary of the Tesco Group but is operated as a separate business and as such benefits offered will differ between One Stop and Tesco.
You will be responsible for
One Stop Stores are transforming the way we approach delivering technology support for users in our stores, warehouses and head office – as well as the service offered to our franchisees. To deliver this, One Stop are building a highly-effective team of support agents who are multi-skilled, hands on individuals, focused on delivering great customer service. This is the Tech Squad. Each member of the Tech Squad will work across the following areas:
• Providing 2nd line support for the One Stop technology landscape, servicing over 900 stores across the UK. This includes application support on retail systems, Data Warehouse, Supply Chain systems, Warehouse Management systems – amongst others – and general IT support issues escalated from the 1st line support team. This will also include release management and deployment of releases.
• Be “the face of IT” at the One Stop head office, supporting users with any IT issues they may encounter, including (but not limited to) issues with laptops, mobile phones, software and other equipment. This will be face-to-face through the Tech Bar, on the phone and via a web portal with all issues recorded and documented.
• Co-ordinating technical activities for new store openings including attending store where needed.
The responsibilities of the Tech Squad Agent include:
• Providing second line support for all One Stop technology systems – responding to and resolving incidents raised either by users or by system alerts across all technology solutions used in the One Stop business and within agreed SLAs
• Supporting colleagues in the One Stop head office, including hardware, software and IT queries – in line with SLAs
• Identifying, diagnosing and resolving incidents
• Documenting solutions and keeping support documentation up to date
• Releasing changes to the One Stop estate in accordance with Change Board sign off
• Working with the project teams to on-board new solutions into Support
• Working with third parties to ensure new store openings take place on time and to a high quality
• Working with third parties who play a role in supporting some of our systems, including logging incidents and seeing these through to completion within agreed SLAs
• Working with our 1st line support colleagues, ensuring that any information that could help with first time fix rates or smoother escalation to the Tech Squad are communicated clearly
• Provide necessary end user IT training where needed
• Monitor system jobs and respond to alerts as required (sometimes out of hours)
• Liaise with internal teams within One Stop to assist with issues and other business challenges as required
• Complete root cause analysis for common issues and provide suggestions for reducing calls
• Provide suggestions for improving support services
• Attending One Stop or supplier sites as required to aid with resolution of support issues • Supporting in the installation or removal of technology equipment
• Ensuring all movement of store-related technology stock is recorded accurately
You will need
Collaboration: Working together across my department and across the wider business to achieve a shared success.
In my role: I talk to my colleagues, sharing knowledge, experience and best practice. I create a team spirit in my department and I have a network that stretches beyond my department.
Empathy: Building strong relationships with my stakeholders.
In my role: I am warm and welcoming with all of my stakeholders, putting people at the heart of everything I do. I take time to see, hear and recognise others, building strong relationships.
Responsiveness: Being flexible in the way you think, make decisions and handle change.
In my role: I act quickly, making decisions based on what is right for our customers and colleagues. I thrive on change and take people with me to deliver it.
Resilience: Knowing your own sources of energy and keeping yourself fit for life.
In my role: I have energy and drive to deliver beyond expectation. My colleagues see me doing the right thing both when everything is going well and when times are tough. I know how to be at my best.
Innovation: Always looking for ideas and opportunities to build a better One Stop.
In my role: I keep my eyes open looking for opportunities to improve my department. I share my ideas and encourage my colleagues to do the same.
You will need:
Every member of the Tech Squad will be highly motivated, with a curiosity to explore and a passion to learn. We are looking for people who love solving problems, are very technically minded and who know how to provide great customer service. Although we will provide appropriate training where needed, we are looking for people who have:
- Excellent customer service and communication skills, capable of dealing with people at all levels, often in a very busy environment
- Excellent technical knowledge – including SQL, .Net, Microsoft Windows and Office 365 • Strong troubleshooting skills; a desire to get to the root of a problem • Self-motivated, willing to go the extra mile, with a “can-do” attitude
- Must be flexible around working hours - willing to travel to other sites (sometimes at short notice), willing to work outside normal/planned hours in order to resolve issues
- Strong understanding of a modern retail technical landscape – understanding API’s, integration methodologies, infrastructure and overall architectures
- Excellent documentation skills – able to quickly and accurately document solutions for both technical and non-technical users. Experience with Confluence, Jira and Trello would be an advantage
- Excellent organisational skills, able to multi-task and work under pressure • An understanding of ITIL
- Awareness of IT security and a general awareness of data protection practices
- Remote access systems
- Polling applications
- Microsoft Office
- Understanding of technologies
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Decision-making skills
- Works well as part of a team