One Stop - Sustainability Manager
This job has been closed.
What’s in it for you
At One Stop we value our colleagues just as much as our customers, and part of this is the benefits we offer:
- 10% Discount in One Stop & Tesco stores
- Discounted Tesco pharmacy services
- Discounted shopping website
- Free eye Test
- A great holiday package
- A commitment to your career development
- Community involvement and charity work
- Pensions Scheme
One Stop is a subsidiary of the Tesco Group but is operated as a separate business and as such benefits offered will differ between One Stop and Tesco.
About the role
At One Stop we aim to serve our local shoppers a little better every day, with a culture that is friendly, fun and where everyone is treated with respect, you have a really great place to work. As part of the team you can make a difference to our business by:
- Treating each other how they like to be treated.
- Making things easier.
- Working together as one team.
- Making our customers at the heart of everything we do.
We want you to understand the business inside out, we need you to live and embed our values and build great relationships with the amazing people across our business.
You will be responsible for
- I lead and take ownership of One Stop Sustainability Strategy working with colleagues and stakeholders to achieve and develop our sustainability goals.
- Driving both strategic activity and day-to-day execution across our Sustainability area. (inc. waste reduction, carbon emissions)
- Be responsible for the high standards of environmental management and reporting of Scope 1, 2 & 3 and other metrics across in their operation
- Communicate the sustainability ambition in a way that is meaningful to all colleagues and is passionate about sustainability.
- Take the lead in sustainability implementation and practices across all business functions providing advice and support.
- Measure our sustainability performance and be vigilant for improvements in sectoral, national and international best practices.
- Advise our Board and Leadership team on sustainability goals and report on performance.
- Establish strong relationships with key stakeholders across the field of sustainability, and be visible in representing One Stop to external stakeholders
- Have the ability to demonstrate robust strategic decision making skills and strong project management skills to design and deliver key programmes and projects across the ‘Better for’ sustainability & social responsibility strategy.
- Work collaboratively with the Product team to lead a full review in plastics and packaging
- Lead the development of a Remove, Reduce, Reuse, Recycle strategy across the business to achieve a reduction in plastics and packaging
- Have an eye for detail when completing reports, be excellent at stakeholder management, and have a talent for leading exciting new projects from start to finish
- Collaborate with internal and external partners in environmental, social and governance to develop best practice and refine and improve the strategy
You will need
Collaboration: Working together across my department and across the wider business to achieve a shared success.
In my role: I talk to my colleagues, sharing knowledge, experience and best practice. I create a team spirit in my department and I have a network that stretches beyond my department.
Empathy: Building strong relationships with my stakeholders.
In my role: I am warm and welcoming with all of my stakeholders, putting people at the heart of everything I do. I take time to see, hear and recognise others, building strong relationships.
Responsiveness: Being flexible in the way you think, make decisions and handle change.
In my role: I act quickly, making decisions based on what is right for our customers and colleagues. I thrive on change and take people with me to deliver it.
Resilience: Knowing your own sources of energy and keeping yourself fit for life.
In my role: I have energy and drive to deliver beyond expectation. My colleagues see me doing the right thing both when everything is going well and when times are tough. I know how to be at my best.
Innovation: Always looking for ideas and opportunities to build a better One Stop.
In my role: I keep my eyes open looking for opportunities to improve my department. I share my ideas and encourage my colleagues to do the same.
- Knowledge and experience of the sustainability sector, with specific expertise in either, environment, carbon or societal impacts
- Experience of working on multiple projects & Stakeholder management experience
- You are a strategic, commercially astute and innovative thinker.
- Skilled at problem solving and decision making to develop new ways to address the sustainability challenges we face.
- Ability to lead and instruct others
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Qualified sustainability practitioner or degree in Sustainability, Engineering, environmental science or similar discipline
- A subject matter specialist, with strong technical knowledge of Climate Change and emissions reporting