Merchandise Administrator x6 (Permanent and Fixed Term roles)
What’s in it for you
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work. These include but aren’t limited to:
- Annual bonus scheme where you can earn up to 5% of base salary
- Holiday starting at 20 days plus a personal day rising to 22 days after 12 months (plus 8 Bank holidays)
- On-site state of the art gym at our Welwyn Campus with discounted “Gympass” membership & free health checks via Nuffield Health
- Retirement savings plan - save between 4% and 7.5% and Tesco will match your contribution
- Life Assurance - 5 x contractual pay
- Share Schemes – Join our ‘Buy As You Earn’ & ‘Save As You Earn’ share schemes after 3 months service
- Colleague Clubcard (including a 2nd card for a family member) after 3 months service
- Colleague Discounts:
- 10% increasing to 15% after every pay day for a four day period, off most purchases at Tesco
- 10% off One Stop
- 10% off pay monthly & SIM only deals with Tesco Mobile
- 20% off all F&F purchases
- 20% off car, pet and home insurance at Tesco bank. T&C’s apply
- 25% off Tesco Café
- 50% off complete glasses purchases & free eye tests (other offers available) at Vision Express
- 50% off health checks at Tesco Pharmacy
- An exclusive deals and discounts website saving you money on everyday purchases, treats for the family, eating out and utility bills for the home
- Cycle to work scheme
- Shuttle Bus Service to/from Welwyn Garden City Station to Welwyn Campus
- Opportunities to get on - take advantage of our ongoing learning opportunities and award-winning training, to help you achieve the job and career you want
- Our Employee Assistance Programme helps you deal with life’s challenges
- Financial wellness - Tesco has partnered with experts to help you make the most of your money
- Get involved in a range of fundraising activities with our long-term charity partners
About the role
You will be a key part of the Merchandising department team, supporting your Merchandising Planning Manager to ensure our product arrives at the right place and at the right time.
You will be responsible for
- You will be the key contact for intake and distribution on your department.
- Track OC’s and PO’s and be the point of contact for suppliers and hubs
- Update PO’s and ensure housekeeping is up to date to maintain accurate intake forecasts for your area - Update your team on intake and supplier delivery issues to ensure any problems are resolved quickly.
- You will ensure that all Critical Paths are up to date and ready for the weekly Critical Path Meetings
- Keep the launch tracker accurate and engage SSP on lines and initial stock levels to deliver 100% launch, flagging any issues. You will respond quickly to store and supply chain queries.
- Understand the management and throughput of stock from allocation to replenishment and stock required to deliver sales, work with SSP to make recommendations to maximise output.
- You will manage the administration of the F&F range plan alongside your buying counterparts, ensuring product details are accurate as directed by your manager. You'll be organised and clear on the department workplan.
- Carry out amendments to orders, and be the key point of contact for HSC in my team.
- Accurately set up and run weekly trade reports and ad-hoc reports to provide performance insight.
- Undertake analysis to understand department performance as directed by your manager.
- Following our Business Code of Conduct and always acting with integrity and due diligence
You will need
- Merchandising experience
- Report preparation and analysis
- Organisation and administration
- Commercial / retail experience
- Data analysis and numeracy
- MS Excel / Office - Range planning tools
Key People and Teams you will work with:
- Merchandising, Buying, Design & Technical teams
- Clothing Hub Team.
- SSP and supply chain team
- HSC admin teams
People, Budgets and other resources you will be responsible for:
- Department intake
- Department sales
- Department margin
Tesco has become a market leader by doing the little things that really matter for our customers and colleagues. It is part of what makes Tesco such a great place to work!
We are the UK's number one retailer and we pride ourselves on offering a great shopping experience. We are passionate about our food, merchandise and services and will always try to get things right for our customers.
But did you know we also offer great job opportunities? With stores, distribution centres and offices across the UK, we have a vast variety of roles and we are always looking for people who have a hunger to work with customers and colleagues across our exciting business. We believe in treating each other with respect and giving everyone an equal opportunity to get on. It's our people that make the difference every day - helping us make a difference for our customers.
We are proud to have an inclusive culture at Tesco where everyone is welcome and truly feels able to be themselves. At Tesco, we not only celebrate diversity, but recognise the value and opportunity it brings to enable us to serve our shoppers a little better every day. We strive to create a workforce that reflects our customers not only here in the UK, but worldwide. Our aim is to attract and welcome a diverse range applicants from all walks of life, offering many varying working patterns across our business and we would love to hear from you!
It remains that Shire Park is our central location for Head Office teams. We have recently announced that we will be moving towards a more blended working week – combining office and remote working. Our base will be the office, where we connect, collaborate and innovate – and there will be the expectation for everyone to be in the office more often than not. For Head Office roles we therefore expect colleagues to spend a proportion of their time at our offices in Shire Park.
We are supportive of colleagues having conversations with hiring managers about what office presence will look like in the context of the role.
NOTE: Should you be successful in your application, your offer will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details on your agreed start date.