The following content displays a map of the jobs location - Welwyn Garden City, Hertfordshire AL7 1GA
Assistant Merchandiser - Clothing F&F (Fixed Term Contract)
This job has been closed.
What’s in it for you
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work. These include but aren’t limited to:
- Annual bonus scheme where you can earn up to 5% of base salary
- Holiday starting at 20 days plus a personal day rising to 22 days after 12 months (plus 8 Bank holidays)
- On-site state of the art gym at our Welwyn Campus with discounted “Gympass” membership & free health checks via Nuffield Health
- Retirement savings plan - save between 4% and 7.5% and Tesco will match your contribution
- Life Assurance - 5 x contractual pay
- Share Schemes – Join our ‘Buy As You Earn’ & ‘Save As You Earn’ share schemes after 3 months service
- Colleague Clubcard (including a 2nd card for a family member) after 3 months service
- Colleague Discounts:
- 10% increasing to 15% after every pay day for a four day period, off most purchases at Tesco
- 10% off One Stop
- 10% off pay monthly & SIM only deals with Tesco Mobile
- 20% off all F&F purchases
- 20% off car, pet and home insurance at Tesco bank. T&C’s apply
- 25% off Tesco Café
- 50% off complete glasses purchases & free eye tests (other offers available) at Vision Express
- 50% off health checks at Tesco Pharmacy
- An exclusive deals and discounts website saving you money on everyday purchases, treats for the family, eating out and utility bills for the home
- Cycle to work scheme
- Shuttle Bus Service to/from Welwyn Garden City Station to Welwyn Campus
- Opportunities to get on - take advantage of our ongoing learning opportunities and award-winning training, to help you achieve the job and career you want
- Our Employee Assistance Programme helps you deal with life’s challenges
- Financial wellness - Tesco has partnered with experts to help you make the most of your money
- Get involved in a range of fundraising activities with our long-term charity partners
About the role
We are delighted to share that we are recruiting for ambitious and hard-working Assistant Merchandisers to join our dynamic Clothing team (F&F) here at Tesco. Tesco is a leading multinational retailer and as an Assistant Merchandiser at Tesco, you will play a huge role within the team. Working in the F&F Merchandising department, you'll help support your Merchandising Planning Manager to ensure products arrive at the correct place and at the right time.
If you have some strong merchandise assistant experience or are looking for a new Assistant Merchandiser role, this position could be for you!
We have both permanent and FTC opportunities available.
You will be responsible for
- Providing merchandising support to keep the department running efficiently, preparing analysis for your manager (incl. Monday trade analysis) and collaborating closely with the HSC Merchandising team and suppliers
- We collate and share market and competitor insight so we can understand what our customers really want!
- We help build balanced ranges for our department that meet sales, stock and profit targets
- Leading all aspects of order management critical paths, line projections and ensuring ranging databases are up to-date and accurate
- Handling intake to ensure product availability and support new launches and events
- Produce weekly sub class WSSI and line flows which helps our merchandise planning managers track sales, margin and stock across regions and channels
- Prepare analysis which helps your manager to handle risk, suggesting any stock repeats and markdown management opportunities
- Scheduling and implementing promotions and markdowns across all channels and regions
- Resolving or calling out supply chain/ replenishment issues, helping the team to hit stock and availability targets
- Supporting the MPM in preparation for sign off and strategy; analysing history, trends and best and worst
- Following our Business Code of Conduct and always acting with integrity and due diligence
You will need
For this role, ideally we would need someone with merchandising experience and somebody who has experience producing reports and analysing them.
We also have people in the team who come from a trade planning background too!
Teams you will work with:
Working as an Assistant Merchandiser in F&F, we collaborate with lots of teams including, the Buying departments, Design team & Store Stock Planning teams.
We also work with our Commercial Directors to understand the needs of the business, Clothing Hub General Managers and Suppliers
People, Budgets and other Resources you will be responsible for:
Department sales & margins
Our vision at Tesco is to become every customer's favourite way to shop, whether they are at home or out on the move. Our core purpose is ‘Serving our customers, communities and planet a little better every day’. Serving means more than a transactional relationship with our customers. It means acting as a responsible and sustainable business for all stakeholders, for the communities we are part of and for the planet.
We are proud to have an inclusive culture at Tesco where everyone truly feels able to be themselves. At Tesco, we not only celebrate diversity, but recognise the value and opportunity it brings. We're committed to creating a workplace where differences are valued, and make sure that all colleagues are given the same opportunities. We're a big business with diverse working patterns and many business areas which means that we can find something that works for you. Everyone is welcome at Tesco.
We have recently announced that we will be moving towards a more blended working week – combining office and remote working. Our offices will continue to be where we connect, collaborate and innovate. Please talk to us to about how this can work for you.
NOTE: Should you be successful in your application, your offer will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details on your agreed start date.