Online Operations Executive - Whoosh
The job has expired.
What’s in it for you
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work. These include but aren’t limited to:
- Annual bonus scheme
- On-site state of the art gym at our Welwyn Campus with discounted “Gympass” membership & free health checks via Nuffield Health
- Retirement savings plan
- Colleague Clubcard (including a 2nd card for a household member) and Colleague Discounts
- Cycle to work scheme
- Opportunities to get on - take advantage of our ongoing learning opportunities and award-winning training, to help you achieve the job and career you want
- Our Employee Assistance Programme helps you deal with life’s challenges
- Financial wellness - Tesco has partnered with experts to help you make the most of your money
- Get involved in a range of fundraising activities with our long-term charity partners
About the role
Tesco Online is the biggest online grocer in the UK and throughout the last 12 months, our sales have doubled, reaching over £6 billion. Online growth is core to Tesco’s future strategy and so is our delivery service. Here at Tesco we have recently launched a new 60-min home delivery proposition called ‘Tesco Whoosh’. We are looking to rapidly scale the proposition across the UK in next three years and this team will play a pivotal role in meeting these growth objectives, which you could be part of!
As an Online Operations Executive you will maintain and drive operational excellence & initiative to the customer experience on Tesco's new Whoosh proposition to ensure customers are receiving the best Online journey possible.
You will be responsible for
• Working alongside our TBS team, to be the point of contact for live queries on the Whoosh platform, root cause and contribute to a resolution in a timely manner.
• Ensuring that the right products are on the website for our customers and making sure that the appropriate product data is present for all new products we want to offer our customers.
• Identify and seek to continuously improve current Operations tasks and processes to also benefit the wider team.
• Understanding end to end product journey – problem solving product related issues by unfolding the journey
system-by-system to then be able to resolve with the help of relevant tech teams including visual explanations.
• Walk the aisles to ensure that the customer shopping trip is right for the customer.
• Support Product Managers/Owners by providing ideas & opportunities to innovate and develop current capabilities, working with the Online Ops Development team to push through ideas with analytical support.
• Be the Online subject matter expert for outlining website product best practices to other business stakeholders.
• Supporting the execution of key trade events through operational attributes.
• Act as a key consult with Online Trading, Online Range Strategy, SRM and Supply Chain.
• Working alongside the Range Strategy teams to define, shape and run the range for new initiatives & customer need states.
You will need
Operational skills relevant for this job:
- Data Analysis/Manipulation (Microsoft Excel/SQL)
- Ability to quickly grasp working knowledge of multiple product systems (custom built or third party)
- Microsoft Office, Teams and Outlook Suite
- Sharepoint administration & development skills
- Continuous Improvement (CI) Desirable
- Useful to know: Sonetto (IVIS), Teradata/Alation, SQL, Visual Basic
Experience relevant for this job:
- Experience in working in an Online and/or Multichannel/Omnichannel Environment, especially Retail
- Collaborating with numerous stakeholders of varying technical/IT experience
- SQL (Desirable)
- Analytics (Adobe, Desirable)
- Workload/priority management
Our vision here at Tesco is to become every customer's favourite way to shop, whether they are at home or out on the move. Our core purpose is ‘Serving Britain's shoppers a little better every day’. Our business was built with a simple mission – to be the champion for customers, helping them to enjoy a better quality of life and an easier way of living. This hasn't changed. Customers want great products at great value which they can buy easily and it's our job to deliver this in the right way for them. In the UK, we serve some 66 shoppers every second, so it's our goal to ensure every one of those customers experiences just a little better service on each visit.
At Tesco, inclusion means that Everyone’s Welcome. Everyone is treated fairly and with respect; by valuing individuality and uniqueness we create a sense of belonging.
Diversity and inclusion have always been at the heart of Tesco. It is embedded in our values: we treat people how they want to be treated. We always want our colleagues to feel they can be themselves at work and we are committed to helping them be at their best.
Across the Tesco group we are building an inclusive workplace, a place to actively celebrate the cultures, personalities and preferences of our colleagues – who in turn help to build the success of our business and reflect the diversity of the communities we serve.
NOTE: Should you be successful in your application, your offer will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details on your agreed start date.