This job has been closed.
What’s in it for you
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work. These include but aren’t limited to:
- Annual bonus scheme
- Holiday starting at 20 days plus a personal day, rising to 22 days after 12 months (plus 8 Bank holidays)
- On-site state of the art gym at our Welwyn Campus with discounted “Gympass” membership & free health checks via Nuffield Health
- Retirement savings plan - save between 4% and 7.5% and Tesco will match your contribution
- Life Assurance - 5 x contractual pay
- Share Schemes – Join our ‘Buy As You Earn’ & ‘Save As You Earn’ share schemes after 3 months service
- Colleague Clubcard (including a 2nd card for a family member) after 3 months service
- Colleague Discounts:
- 10% increasing to 15% after every pay day for a four day period, off most purchases at Tesco
- 10% off One Stop
- 10% off pay monthly & SIM only deals with Tesco Mobile
- 20% off all F&F purchases
- 20% off car, pet and home insurance at Tesco bank. T&C’s apply
- 25% off Tesco Café
- 50% off complete glasses purchases & free eye tests (other offers available) at Vision Express
- 50% off health checks at Tesco Pharmacy
- An exclusive deals and discounts website saving you money on everyday purchases, treats for the family, eating out and utility bills for the home
- Cycle to work scheme
- Shuttle Bus Service to/from Hatfield & Welwyn Garden City Station to Welwyn Campus & Hatfield Offices
- Opportunities to get on - take advantage of our ongoing learning opportunities and award-winning training, to help you achieve the job and career you want
- Our Employee Assistance Programme helps you deal with life’s challenges
- Financial wellness - Tesco has partnered with experts to help you make the most of your money
- Get involved in a range of fundraising activities with our long-term charity partners
About the role
Tesco’s Distribution Network is market-leading and is responsible for keeping our stores supplied with the right stock at the right time. With more than 20 Distribution Centres across the UK, 17K colleagues, and 4 million miles travelled per week on our roads, there’s plenty of opportunity to add value supporting our transformation and operational teams.
Working in the Business Planning Team, you will support with the coordination, development and delivery of initiatives across Distribution, ensuring project and programme visibility and successful deployment.
You will be responsible for
Activities that enable project delivery within Distribution, including:
- Supporting project teams, coaching them through the change process and helping with ad-hoc requests.
- Tracking project delivery, working with the projects teams to identify and resolve issues.
- Owning the Programme Management Office documents and ensuring project/ programme methodologies are being followed.
Supporting key elements of the business planning process, including:
- Coordinating the UK Plans, sharing and reporting information to relevant stakeholders.
- Aligning projects and following the business change process, taking ownership of governance, and ensuring accurate & informative reporting is shared in updates.
- Sharing learnings and ways of working with other teams and functions around the business.
- Ownership of meeting agendas, and capturing and sharing next steps.
- Following our Business Code of Conduct and always acting with integrity and due diligence.
People, budgets and other resources I am accountable for in my job:
- Managing project submissions & associated processes
- Manage templates and documents
- Ownership of meetings and team events
Key people and teams I will work with:
- Transformation Managers (Project and Programme)
- Channels Business Planning Team
- Distribution Leadership Team
- Business Support
You will need
Experience Relevant for this job:
- Project Co-ordination/Administration
- Meeting facilitation
- Experience of Distribution operations
- Project Management/ PMO experience
- Experience writing presentations for varying audiences and seniority levels
Operational Skills Relevant to the role:
- High levels of personal organisation
- Stakeholder management and relationship building
- Written and numerical capability
- Experienced user of: Outlook, Word, Powerpoint, Excel
Our vision here at Tesco is to become every customer's favourite way to shop, whether they are at home or out on the move. Our core purpose is ‘Serving Britain's shoppers a little better every day’. Our business was built with a simple mission – to be the champion for customers, helping them to enjoy a better quality of life and an easier way of living. This hasn't changed. Customers want great products at great value which they can buy easily and it's our job to deliver this in the right way for them. In the UK, we serve some 66 shoppers every second, so it's our goal to ensure every one of those customers experiences just a little better service on each visit.
At Tesco, inclusion means that Everyone’s Welcome. Everyone is treated fairly and with respect; by valuing individuality and uniqueness we create a sense of belonging.
Diversity and inclusion have always been at the heart of Tesco. It is embedded in our values: we treat people how they want to be treated. We always want our colleagues to feel they can be themselves at work and we are committed to helping them be at their best.
Across the Tesco group we are building an inclusive workplace, a place to actively celebrate the cultures, personalities and preferences of our colleagues – who in turn help to build the success of our business and reflect the diversity of the communities we serve.
NOTE: Should you be successful in your application, your offer will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details on your agreed start date.