Product Manager - Technology Change
The job has expired.
What’s in it for you
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work. These include but aren’t limited to:
• Annual bonus scheme where you can earn 10-20% of base salary
• Holiday starting at 25 days plus a personal day (plus 8 Bank holidays)
• On-site state of the art gym at our Welwyn Campus with discounted “Gympass” membership & free health checks via Nuffield Health
• Retirement savings plan - save between 4% and 7.5% and Tesco will match your contribution
• Life Assurance - 5 x contractual pay
• Share Schemes – Join our ‘Buy As You Earn’ & ‘Save As You Earn’ share schemes after 3 months service
• Colleague Clubcard (including a 2nd card for a household member) after 3 months service
• Colleague Discounts:
• 10% increasing to 15% after every pay day for a four day period, off most purchases at Tesco
• 10% off One Stop
• 10% off pay monthly & SIM only deals with Tesco Mobile
• 20% off all F&F purchases
• 20% off car, pet and home insurance at Tesco bank. T&C’s apply
• 25% off Tesco Café
• 50% off complete glasses purchases & free eye tests (other offers available) at Vision Express
• 50% off health checks at Tesco Pharmacy
• An exclusive deals and discounts website saving you money on everyday purchases, treats for the family, eating out and utility bills for the home
• Cycle to work scheme
• Shuttle Bus Service to/from Hatfield & Welwyn Garden City Station to Welwyn Campus & Hatfield Offices
• Opportunities to get on - take advantage of our ongoing learning opportunities and award-winning training, to help you achieve the job and career you want
• Our Employee Assistance Programme helps you deal with life’s challenges
• Financial wellness - Tesco has partnered with experts to help you make the most of your money
• Get involved in a range of fundraising activities with our long-term charity partners
About the role
Whilst specific responsibilities will be dependent upon the changing needs of the Tesco business, the following provides an overview of the role’s key responsibilities and measures:
Reporting to the Lead Product Manager you will be accountable for a driving your Product’s strategy, roadmap and execution, demonstrating your skills as a Product Management practitioner.
- Owning a core application supporting the development of our own brand food products, you will build strong relationships with internal/ external stakeholders and drive the Product strategy and execution for it
- Engage with your stakeholders to formulate the vision, strategy and long-term roadmap for your product and execute it well by constantly managing your stakeholder’s expectations, working through dependencies across multiple products/ teams
- Understand key user personas, customers and stakeholders for your product and their pain points
- Understand and demonstrate all of the features of your product to different audiences within and outside of your immediate product team
- Effectively present the vision, roadmap, OKRs and execution plans (release/ sprint plans) for your product
- Effectively document and explain new requirements to the engineering team using user stories, personas, and acceptance criteria and help the team in breaking down a complex piece of work/ epic into smaller, deliverable chunks of value that can be delivered faster
- Manage the backlog and steer sprint/ release planning sessions by working with your engineering counterparts to plan sprints/ releases that deliver maximum business value in least effort
- Accountable for the performance/ adoption of your product and work towards increasing it
- Lead discovery work for any new product/feature, collaborating with user experience (UX) and engineering teams to prototype and validate the response to the business problem, ensuring that decisions are data driven and measured against agreed KPIs
- Provide leadership and direction to cross functional team (s) on short-term tasks/ near-term priorities
- Monitor competitor activity and overseas market trends (as required)
- Drive the acceptance and adoption of ideas and improvements with product and engineering stakeholders
- Provide support and coaching to junior Product Managers as well as peers
- Prioritise, coordinate and communicate the resolution of live product issues independently
You will be responsible for
You’ll need the following experience and skills:
- Product management best practice and methodologies.
- Proven success of having managed a complex product that led to the delivery of significant value to your stakeholders.
- Ownership of a Product involving multiple internal/ external stakeholders and drive the Product strategy & execution for it.
- Understanding User Research/ Design Thinking concepts and applied those for your product work.
- Good knowledge in the use of Tools and Techniques for Backlog prioritisation, managing dependencies and for gaining insights using available data points.
- Broad knowledge and understanding of the technologies relevant to product management.
- Knowledge and experience of software development methodologies and processes.
- A methodical and analytical approach, great problem-solving skills and providing logical answers to complex problems.
- Good prioritisation techniques to refine and groom your feature backlog regularly.
- Attitude and the aptitude to learn new product area/domain quickly.
- Identifying and removing impediments faced by the team by working with your Lead Product Manager and other stakeholders and proactively flagging any risks or delays in your commitments.
- Handling conflicting priorities well, communicating clearly and understanding how to drive a high level of focus and excellence with a strong, talented, and opinionated team.
- Drive the acceptance and adoption of ideas and improvements with product and engineering stakeholders.
- Provide support and coaching to junior Product Managers as well as peers.
- Prioritise, coordinate, and communicate the resolution of live product issues independently.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Great presentation and persuasion skills.
Our vision here at Tesco is to become every customer's favourite way to shop, whether they are at home or out on the move. Our core purpose is ‘Serving Britain's shoppers a little better every day’. Our business was built with a simple mission – to be the champion for customers, helping them to enjoy a better quality of life and an easier way of living. This hasn't changed. Customers want great products at great value which they can buy easily and it's our job to deliver this in the right way for them. In the UK, we serve some 66 shoppers every second, so it's our goal to ensure every one of those customers experiences just a little better service on each visit.
At Tesco, inclusion means that Everyone’s Welcome. Everyone is treated fairly and with respect; by valuing individuality and uniqueness we create a sense of belonging.
Diversity and inclusion have always been at the heart of Tesco. It is embedded in our values: we treat people how they want to be treated. We always want our colleagues to feel they can be themselves at work and we are committed to helping them be at their best.
Across the Tesco group we are building an inclusive workplace, a place to actively celebrate the cultures, personalities and preferences of our colleagues – who in turn help to build the success of our business and reflect the diversity of the communities we serve.