Part time Project Manager
This job has been closed.
What’s in it for you
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work. These include but aren’t limited to:
- Annual bonus scheme
- Holiday starting at 25 days plus a personal day (plus 8 Bank holidays)
- On-site state of the art gym at our Welwyn Campus with discounted “Gympass” membership & free health checks via Nuffield Health
- Retirement savings plan - save between 4% and 7.5% and Tesco will match your contribution
- Life Assurance - 5 x contractual pay
- Share Schemes – Join our ‘Buy As You Earn’ & ‘Save As You Earn’ share schemes after 3 months service
- Colleague Clubcard (including a 2nd card for a family member) after 3 months service
- Colleague Discounts:
- 10% increasing to 15% after every pay day for a four day period, off most purchases at Tesco
- 10% off One Stop
- 10% off pay monthly & SIM only deals with Tesco Mobile
- 20% off all F&F purchases
- 20% off car, pet and home insurance at Tesco bank. T&C’s apply
- 25% off Tesco Café
- 50% off complete glasses purchases & free eye tests (other offers available) at Vision Express
- 50% off health checks at Tesco Pharmacy
- An exclusive deals and discounts website saving you money on everyday purchases, treats for the family, eating out and utility bills for the home
- Cycle to work scheme
- Shuttle Bus Service to/from Welwyn Garden City Station to Welwyn Campus
- Opportunities to get on - take advantage of our ongoing learning opportunities and award-winning training, to help you achieve the job and career you want
- Our Employee Assistance Programme helps you deal with life’s challenges
- Financial wellness - Tesco has partnered with experts to help you make the most of your money
- Get involved in a range of fundraising activities with our long-term charity partners
About the role
It’s an exciting time to be a Project Manager with #Tesco! As we continue to expand our plans for Click + Collect, launch ‘Whoosh.’ our new superfast delivery service as well as the continued roll out of our UFC programme, no two days will be the same!
By ‘Serving Britain's shoppers a little better every day’ we like to do things differently and are looking for a motivated and enthusiastic part time Project Manager to join the team in Fulfilment Transformation.
You will be responsible for
Analysing problems, developing solutions and managing end-to-end projects from inception through to delivery and review to improve our Distribution processes.
Working collaboratively with colleagues across Tesco to deliver the Distribution & Online Fulfilment strategy, you will lead projects in a structured way following project management best practices.
- Spending time in store/Customer Fulfilment Centres/Distribution operations, engaging with end users to get feedback and generate ideas
- Assessing the financial impact of projects and building the business case
- Working collaboratively to develop full solutions and operating models and trialling these as necessary
- Managing and influencing stakeholders cross-functionally at all levels, at the right time
- Tracking project milestones and deliverables, identifying and managing risks, issues and dependencies, in line with Tesco Project Management best practice and using the appropriate tools and templates
- Responding in a timely manner to changing priorities; adapting and adjusting plans as required
- Landing projects on the front-line, developing the right communication and training materials to support successful implementation
- Ensuring sustainability of the solutions developed, tracking KPIs and benefits, handing over to 'Business As Usual';
- Contributing to make your team a great place to work (e.g. supporting activities like team days or team meetings)
- Being an expert within your area, having awareness of the wider market and sharing knowledge with the wider team
- Defining your objectives with your manager and managing your own development plan to meet this.
You will need
- Experience of delivering operational improvement using relevant methodologies
- Experience working in a business change project management role in a dynamic environment
- Versatility and ability to adapt and respond quickly to changing business priorities
- Interest and experience in Online, Fulfilment and/or Distribution
- Project Management (APM)
- Process Improvement skills (Kaizen, Lean, SixSigma)
- Stakeholder Management
- Communication and presentation skills
- Analytical skills (incl SQL, Excel etc.)
- Technology & Product Management skills
- MS Office (Powerpoint, Visio, Project etc)
We are supportive of colleagues having conversations with hiring managers about what office presence will look like in the context of the role.
NOTE: Should you be successful in your application, your offer will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details on your agreed start date.