The job has expired.
What’s in it for you
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work. These include but aren’t limited to:
- Annual bonus scheme
- Holiday starting at 25 days plus a personal day (plus 8 Bank holidays)
- On-site state of the art gym at our Welwyn Campus with discounted “Gympass” membership & free health checks via Nuffield Health
- Retirement savings plan - save between 4% and 7.5% and Tesco will match your contribution
- Life Assurance - 5 x contractual pay
- Share Schemes – Join our ‘Buy As You Earn’ & ‘Save As You Earn’ share schemes after 3 months service
- Colleague Clubcard (including a 2nd card for a family member) after 3 months service
- Colleague Discounts:
- 10% increasing to 15% after every pay day for a four day period, off most purchases at Tesco
- 10% off One Stop
- 10% off pay monthly & SIM only deals with Tesco Mobile
- 20% off all F&F purchases
- 20% off car, pet and home insurance at Tesco bank. T&C’s apply
- 25% off Tesco Café
- 50% off complete glasses purchases & free eye tests (other offers available) at Vision Express
- 50% off health checks at Tesco Pharmacy
- An exclusive deals and discounts website saving you money on everyday purchases, treats for the family, eating out and utility bills for the home
- Cycle to work scheme
- Shuttle Bus Service to/from Welwyn Garden City Station to Welwyn Campus
- Opportunities to get on - take advantage of our ongoing learning opportunities and award-winning training, to help you achieve the job and career you want
- Our Employee Assistance Programme helps you deal with life’s challenges
- Financial wellness - Tesco has partnered with experts to help you make the most of your money
- Get involved in a range of fundraising activities with our long-term charity partners
About the role
The insight team’s mission is to influence and enable Tesco leadership to make confident decisions because we understand Customers and Colleagues better than anyone. Our key priorities are putting the customer at the heart of decision making, commercialising insight, business partnering internally and externally, storytelling and democratising insight.
Our large stores estate welcomes customers everyday and the in store experience plays a pivotal role in how they perceive the brand. This role is the conduit between the stores leadership team and insight, bringing a customer perspective to projects that directly impact delivery of in store services and operations.
Building a strong network of stakeholder relationships is key to becoming a trusted partner, ensuring the insight road map is aligned with business priorities to enable the effective management of research and analytical resources.
You will be responsible for
- Building and maintaining relationships with the Large Stores Leadership teams and senior leaders, to Managing Director level.
- Understanding how Channel Insight can best support their strategic decision making. Responsible for ensuring all agreed stakeholders are mapped and face-time with agreed stakeholders.
- Developing and implementing the insight road map for Large Stores, managing research and analytical support to ensure it is lined up against the highest value projects.
- Ensuring resource is optimised across UK, TBS and dunnHumby analytical and research heads
- Be the face of Channel Insight in senior decision making forums, up to Chief Operating Officer level
- Responsible for ensuring project briefs and objectives are clear and time lines and deliverables are mapped.
- Responsible for understanding Business Planning processes and being the insight lead on Business Change projects as appropriate.
- Leading the insight discussions at the NWT meetings and provide support to the Head of Insight for Steering Group sessions
- Periodically presenting the shopping trip update and ad hoc insights at Large Stores Governance, working together with business support to ensure the insights form the basis for action planning
- Working together with the Research Manager to fully utilise the insight we have from the Customer Viewpoint survey and bring this to the Stores Leadership team via the Large Stores Governance meetings
- Maximising the value and expertise of external agencies, commission and manage ad hoc research projects in conjunction with the Research Manager
- Leading strategic projects that are designed to improve our understanding of key customer metrics and provide a framework for stakeholders to use the insights as the basis for future plans
- Collaborating with the other Insight Business Partners to ensure stakeholder asks are not overlapping and stakeholders are being serviced in a consistent way
It remains that Shire Park is our central location for Head Office teams. We have recently announced that we will be moving towards a more blended working week – combining office and remote working. Our base will be the office, where we connect, collaborate and innovate – and there will be the expectation for everyone to be in the office more often than not. For Head Office roles we therefore expect colleagues to spend a proportion of their time at our offices in Shire Park.
We are supportive of colleagues having conversations with hiring managers about what office presence will look like in the context of the role.