Online Trading Executive: Planning and Optimisation
The job has expired.
What’s in it for you
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work. These include but aren’t limited to:
- Annual bonus scheme
- Holiday starting at 20 days plus a personal day, rising to 22 days after 12 months (plus 8 Bank holidays)
- On-site state of the art gym at our Welwyn Campus with discounted “Gympass” membership & free health checks via Nuffield Health
- Retirement savings plan - save between 4% and 7.5% and Tesco will match your contribution
- Life Assurance - 5 x contractual pay
- Share Schemes – Join our ‘Buy As You Earn’ & ‘Save As You Earn’ share schemes after 3 months service
- Colleague Clubcard (including a 2nd card for a family member) after 3 months service
- Colleague Discounts:
- 10% increasing to 15% after every pay day for a four day period, off most purchases at Tesco
- 10% off One Stop
- 10% off pay monthly & SIM only deals with Tesco Mobile
- 20% off all F&F purchases
- 20% off car, pet and home insurance at Tesco bank. T&C’s apply
- 25% off Tesco Café
- 50% off complete glasses purchases & free eye tests (other offers available) at Vision Express
- 50% off health checks at Tesco Pharmacy
- An exclusive deals and discounts website saving you money on everyday purchases, treats for the family, eating out and utility bills for the home
- Cycle to work scheme
- Shuttle Bus Service to/from Hatfield & Welwyn Garden City Station to Welwyn Campus & Hatfield Offices
- Opportunities to get on - take advantage of our ongoing learning opportunities and award-winning training, to help you achieve the job and career you want
- Our Employee Assistance Programme helps you deal with life’s challenges
- Financial wellness - Tesco has partnered with experts to help you make the most of your money
- Get involved in a range of fundraising activities with our long-term charity partners
About the role
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join our fast-paced online grocery team, focused on providing the optimum shopping experience for our customers, driving sales & conversion growth. As a content optimisation executive, you will be highly numerate and analytical, responsible for helping to improve the onsite content performance using data & analytics, to identify unique opportunities that will help deliver engaging trade and customer centric content to serve shoppers a little better every day.
Customer obsession will be the key in every decision made to ensure the on-site experience is best in class, this will be achieved through data led approach.
You will be responsible for
- Monitoring online sales performance on weekly basis, identifying opportunities in order to improve commercial KPIs ensuring we deliver against forecast and budget through content and other levers available.
- Continuously improve performance of campaigns and events by drawing on a range of resources to spot trends, and drive change in consideration of overall customer experience.
- Proficient in working with large amount of sales and analytics data to produce weekly reports, provide adhoc analysis and support the wider team with optimisation of onsite content.
- Support analytics reviews of content both in-flight (based on analysis of web metrics, internal/external marketing activity, business commercial changes and external factors) & post-event and use this data to inform optimisation and to develop insight for future content work.
- Co-ordinate and deliver the assigned business trade events & campaigns online, making sure they are customer focused and continuously optimised using customer interaction data. Post implementation review will also form part of the execution process.
- Excellent attention to detail and broader view of all elements in play when briefing new content to the Creative Services Team.
- Confident in interpreting data to make smart recommendations that will add value by improving sales and customer experience.
- Support online trading manager in liaising with Media partners (dunnhumby) and commercial teams to develop a programme of inspirational supplier led content.
- Pro-actively seek and own new or improved trading opportunities through all onsite and offsite tools.
- Liaising and working with key stakeholders across the business, including commercial trade planning, instore events, operations, customer teams, dunnhumby, digital product.
- Rigorous and thorough approach to conducting daily content checks to maintain flawless customer experience and legality of the site.
You will need
Desirable skills relevant for role:
- Analytical skills (incl SQL, Excel, Adobe analytics, tableau)
- Ability to build reporting and dashboards within Adobe analytics and tableau
- MS Office (PowerPoint, Word, Outlook, Excel)
- Communication and presentation skills (especially regarding presenting insights in a clear, compelling way)
Desirable experience relevant for the role:
- An analytical or numerical background
- Experience working with large datasets
- An inquisitive and analytical thinker
- Experience in a commercial environment
- Experience in a customer facing role
- Experience using Content Management System
Our vision here at Tesco is to become every customer's favourite way to shop, whether they are at home or out on the move. Our core purpose is ‘Serving Britain's shoppers a little better every day’. Our business was built with a simple mission – to be the champion for customers, helping them to enjoy a better quality of life and an easier way of living. This hasn't changed. Customers want great products at great value which they can buy easily and it's our job to deliver this in the right way for them. In the UK, we serve some 66 shoppers every second, so it's our goal to ensure every one of those customers experiences just a little better service on each visit.
At Tesco, inclusion means that Everyone’s Welcome. Everyone is treated fairly and with respect; by valuing individuality and uniqueness we create a sense of belonging.
Diversity and inclusion have always been at the heart of Tesco. It is embedded in our values: we treat people how they want to be treated. We always want our colleagues to feel they can be themselves at work and we are committed to helping them be at their best.
Across the Tesco group we are building an inclusive workplace, a place to actively celebrate the cultures, personalities and preferences of our colleagues – who in turn help to build the success of our business and reflect the diversity of the communities we serve.
NOTE: Should you be successful in your application, your offer will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details on your agreed start date.