The job has expired.
What’s in it for you
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work. These include but aren’t limited to:
- Annual bonus scheme where you can earn up to 5% of base salary
- Holiday starting at 20 days plus a personal day rising to 22 days after 12 months (plus 8 Bank holidays)
- On-site state of the art gym at our Welwyn Campus with discounted “Gympass” membership & free health checks via Nuffield Health
- Retirement savings plan - save between 4% and 7.5% and Tesco will match your contribution
- Life Assurance - 5 x contractual pay
- Share Schemes – Join our ‘Buy As You Earn’ & ‘Save As You Earn’ share schemes after 3 months service
- Colleague Clubcard (including a 2nd card for a family member) after 3 months service
- Colleague Discounts:
- 10% increasing to 15% after every pay day for a four day period, off most purchases at Tesco
- 10% off One Stop
- 10% off pay monthly & SIM only deals with Tesco Mobile
- 20% off all F&F purchases
- 20% off car, pet and home insurance at Tesco bank. T&C’s apply
- 25% off Tesco Café
- 50% off complete glasses purchases & free eye tests (other offers available) at Vision Express
- 50% off health checks at Tesco Pharmacy
- An exclusive deals and discounts website saving you money on everyday purchases, treats for the family, eating out and utility bills for the home
- Cycle to work scheme
- Shuttle Bus Service to/from Welwyn Garden City Station to Welwyn Campus
- Opportunities to get on - take advantage of our ongoing learning opportunities and award-winning training, to help you achieve the job and career you want
- Our Employee Assistance Programme helps you deal with life’s challenges
- Financial wellness - Tesco has partnered with experts to help you make the most of your money
- Get involved in a range of fundraising activities with our long-term charity partners
About the role
Calling Tech Recruiters we need you! As we continue to expand our Technology teams at a rapid rate we’re looking for talented tech recruitment specialists to join us in ramping up our recruitment for Tesco Technology. Joining us means playing a part in sourcing talent which will define, build and launch an ambitious roadmap of digital products that could touch the lives of millions of people over the years to come.
In-house experience isn’t essential, if you’re a tech recruiter working in an agency, RPO or MSP environment, we can train and support you with making the transition to in-house. Our teams have access to the best sourcing tools and platforms and you will be part of a great team of like-minded tech recruiters who are passionate about delivering great results and partnering with hiring managers who really get our challenges and act on our recommendations.
We like to innovate and try new things, so if you bring ideas we will listen and try new things out! We don’t want people to just turn a wheel, we want to make a difference and add real value! Our world is fast paced and demanding, but hugely rewarding so if you love recruitment and are passionate about your career, there are lots of opportunities to develop and progress here.
Location: Our Head Office campus is based in Welwyn Garden City, close to the A1 and with frequent trains running from Kings Cross in as little as 26 minutes - free shuttle buses take you between the station and office. We also have an office in Farringdon so you can split your time between working remotely and out of our Welwyn and London Offices. Talk to us about your preferred working arrangements as we are open to discussion on this.
You will be responsible for
- Sourcing, attracting and engaging both passive and active technology candidates; Building talent pools and candidate pipelines using social and professional media platforms alongside other sourcing tools and methods to deliver into current and future hiring needs.
- Building excellent relationships with our hiring manager community, to fully understand their requirements, keep them up to date on progress and provide a first class end to end service, for both hiring managers and candidates.
- Writing engaging and compelling reach-outs and advert copy to capture interest and positively position Tesco technology opportunities.
- Using your experience and knowledge to influence hiring practices to drive successful results and continuously improve candidate and hiring manager experiences
- Promoting a positive employer brand through networking, social media, events etc.
- Understanding the benefits of having a diverse workforce, and championing inclusion to ensure that Everyone is welcome at Tesco.
You will need
- Strong expertise in the 360 recruitment delivery cycle, with the ability to influence and consult at all stages - we’re particularly interested in anyone with Software Engineering or Product experience but are open to all backgrounds within technology recruitment.
- Excellent talent “mining” skills including the ability to use Boolean and x-ray searches to find prospective candidates in both obvious and less than obvious places
- Experience of using recruitment data/insights to shape recruitment/selection strategy and to influence recruitment decision making
- Curiosity, resilience, innovation and drive to continuously improve our approach to technology recruitment.
- Strong team mentality – you will enjoy being part of a great team of experts, with the benefits of working for a well-known and loved global retail brand combined with the innovation and inspiration of a truly ambitious technology business.