The following content displays a map of the jobs location - London and/or Welwyn Garden City
Security Engineer - Security Orchestration, Automation & Response
Job Reference tesco/TP/11428279/650658
What’s in it for you
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work! These include but are not limited to:
- Annual bonus scheme
- Holiday starting at 25 days plus a personal day (and bank holidays)
- Great colleague discounts and deals, saving you money on everyday purchases, utility bills for the home and more
- Retirement savings plan – save between 4% and 7.5% and Tesco will match your contribution
- Buy as you earn and Save as you earn share schemes
- Opportunities to get on – take advantage of our ongoing learning opportunities and award-winning training to help you achieve the career you want
About the role
Our cyber security team are the eyes and ears of our organisation. We use the latest technologies to increase visibility and protection of systems, services, and data. To do this we need to stay ahead of the latest threats and continuously improve our tooling, techniques, and processes.
Responsible for developing and running security processes day-to-day for the Tesco Group, we’re continually working to step change security capability to further enhance the protection and controls that we offer for our customers and colleagues across the UK, Europe, and Asia, and we’re looking to add great people to our growing team.
We believe that skilled and passionate people are our greatest asset in reducing risk to our business and customers. We encourage and support continual development and learning and recognise the importance of keeping up with changes in technology and an evolving threat landscape.
You will be responsible for
As a Security Engineer, you will leverage your knowledge and expertise to play a key role in developing and implementing the capability to detect and prevent security threats and enable a faster and more effective response.
Drive the security automation roadmap based on team feedback and through your own research, testing and development.
Work across multiple teams with analysts and engineers to improve workflows, enabling our colleagues to spend their time doing what they do best.
Design and develop security automations across SOAR platform and other security products and tooling. Work with existing automation and platform engineers to improve upon existing playbooks and automations to ensure optimal platform performance.
You will need
Key Skills and Experience
Relevant Technical Skills:
- Hands-on experience with cyber security tools and solutions (ideally SOAR platforms and Threat intelligence platforms)
- Understanding of the MITRE ATT&CK framework (or equivalent) and emerging threat actor tactics, techniques, and procedures
- Experience and working knowledge with operating systems – both Linux and Windows platforms
- Experience working with public cloud
- Experience with at least one scripting languages e.g., Python / PowerShell
- Understanding of REST API’s and demonstrate ability to develop and interact with REST API
Relevant Soft Skills:
- Demonstrable curiosity, enthusiasm, and pro-active attitude to security and personal development
- Excellent interpersonal skills, and written and oral communications, self-motivator
- Team player and independent worker, relationship builder
- Ability to liaise with subject matter experts, key stakeholders, and colleagues at all levels
Academia: University degree or equivalent work experience.
Ideally one or more relevant certifications, such as: GCIH, GOSI, GCTI
Our vision at Tesco is to become every customer’s favourite way to shop, whether they are at home or out on the move. Our core purpose is “Serving our customers, communities and planet a little better every day”. Serving means more than a transactional relationship with our customers. It means acting as a responsible and sustainable business for all stakeholders, for the communities we are part of, and for the planet.
We are proud to have an inclusive culture at Tesco where everyone truly feels able to be themselves. At Tesco, we not only celebrate diversity, but recognise the value and opportunity it brings. We’re committed to creating a workplace where differences are valued, and make sure that all colleagues are given the same opportunities. We’re a big business with diverse working patterns and many business areas which means that we can find something that works for you. Everyone is welcome at Tesco.
We have recently announced that we are moving to a more blended working week – combining office and remote working. Our offices continue to be where we connect, collaborate and innovate. Talk to us about how this can work for you.
Note: Should you be successful in your application, your employment will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details on your agreed start date.