Business Planning Manager - Distribution (secondment)
The job has expired.
What’s in it for you
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work. These include but aren’t limited to:
- Annual bonus scheme
- Holiday starting at 25 days plus a personal day (plus 8 Bank holidays)
- On-site state of the art gym at our Welwyn Campus with discounted “Gympass” membership & free health checks via Nuffield Health
- Retirement savings plan - save between 4% and 7.5% and Tesco will match your contribution
- Life Assurance - 5 x contractual pay
- Share Schemes – Join our ‘Buy As You Earn’ & ‘Save As You Earn’ share schemes after 3 months service
- Colleague Clubcard (including a 2nd card for a family member) after 3 months service
- Colleague Discounts:
- 10% increasing to 15% after every pay day for a four day period, off most purchases at Tesco
- 10% off One Stop
- 10% off pay monthly & SIM only deals with Tesco Mobile
- 20% off all F&F purchases
- 20% off car, pet and home insurance at Tesco bank. T&C’s apply
- 25% off Tesco Café
- 50% off complete glasses purchases & free eye tests (other offers available) at Vision Express
- 50% off health checks at Tesco Pharmacy
- An exclusive deals and discounts website saving you money on everyday purchases, treats for the family, eating out and utility bills for the home
- Cycle to work scheme
- Shuttle Bus Service to/from Welwyn Garden City Station to Welwyn Campus
- Opportunities to get on - take advantage of our ongoing learning opportunities and award-winning training, to help you achieve the job and career you want
- Our Employee Assistance Programme helps you deal with life’s challenges
- Financial wellness - Tesco has partnered with experts to help you make the most of your money
- Get involved in a range of fundraising activities with our long-term charity partners
About the role
You will manage the Distribution Transformation change portfolio (Including partnering with Transport and Procurement teams), supporting the programme/ project teams to deliver a 3 year plan through effective planning, reporting, and tools, providing transparency and data to all stakeholders involved. You will take the lead on governance and engagement with senior stakeholders and there is a unique opportunity to shape the future strategy and vision of Distribution, supporting the Leadership Team through the planning cycle.
You will be responsible for
- Coordinating and managing the annual and three year change plan and budget processes, ensuring alignment to our strategy, vision and outcomes.
- Supporting the development of the 3-year project pipeline and prioritisation.
- Keeping a transparent and accurate view of the Portfolio: benefits, costs, milestones, impacts and risk in conjunction with Finance.
- Accurately reporting progress against the target, proactively highlighting significant or cross programme risks, issues and opportunities.
- Supporting adhoc requests for business updates and engagement packs for senior stakeholders.
- Ensuring that projects progress through the appropriate level of governance based upon their impact/ scale.
- Owning agendas and facilitating regular governance meetings with our leadership teams.
- Supporting our teamin delivering the best project in the right way, using APM/ MSP methodologies.
- Sharing learnings and best practice opportunities with other teams and functions though the PMO club and other forums.
- Coordinating the Global Distribution teams, working with leaders across the Group.
- Following our Business Code of Conduct and always acting with integrity and due diligence.
You will need
- Project Co-ordination/Administration
- Meeting facilitation
- Experience of Distribution operations
- Project Management/ PMO experience
- Experience of working with other to deliver continuous business improvement
- Experience writing presentations for varying audiences and seniority levels
Operational Skills relevant to this job:
- High levels of personal organisation
- Stakeholder management and relationship building
- Written and numerical capability
- Experienced user of: Outlook, Word, Powerpoint, Excel
- Communication skills
- Influencing and relationship building skills
- Business awareness and financial acumen
- Able to work independently
- Comfortable with uncertainty/ ambiguity
Tesco’s Distribution Network is market-leading and is responsible for keeping our stores supplied with the right stock at the right time. With more than 20 Distribution Centres across the UK, 17K colleagues, and 4 million miles travelled per week on our roads, there’s plenty of opportunity to add value supporting our transformation and operational teams.
At Tesco, inclusion means that Everyone’s Welcome. Everyone is treated fairly and with respect; by valuing individuality and uniqueness we create a sense of belonging.
Diversity and inclusion have always been at the heart of Tesco. It is embedded in our values: we treat people how they want to be treated. We always want our colleagues to feel they can be themselves at work and we are committed to helping them be at their best.
Across the Tesco group we are building an inclusive workplace, a place to actively celebrate the cultures, personalities and preferences of our colleagues – who in turn help to build the success of our business and reflect the diversity of the communities we serve.
NOTE: Should you be successful in your application, your offer will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details on your agreed start date.