Product Development Manager - Food - 12 Month Fixed Term Contract
The job has expired.
What’s in it for you
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work. These include but aren’t limited to:
- Annual bonus scheme
- Holiday starting at 25 days plus a personal day (plus 8 Bank holidays)
- On-site state of the art gym at our Welwyn Campus with discounted “Gympass” membership & free health checks via Nuffield Health
- Retirement savings plan - save between 4% and 7.5% and Tesco will match your contribution
- Life Assurance - 5 x contractual pay
- Share Schemes – Join our ‘Buy As You Earn’ & ‘Save As You Earn’ share schemes after 3 months service
- Colleague Clubcard (including a 2nd card for a family member) after 3 months service
- Colleague Discounts:
- 10% increasing to 15% after every pay day for a four day period, off most purchases at Tesco
- 10% off One Stop
- 10% off pay monthly & SIM only deals with Tesco Mobile
- 20% off all F&F purchases
- 20% off car, pet and home insurance at Tesco bank. T&C’s apply
- 25% off Tesco Café
- 50% off complete glasses purchases & free eye tests (other offers available) at Vision Express
- 50% off health checks at Tesco Pharmacy
- An exclusive deals and discounts website saving you money on everyday purchases, treats for the family, eating out and utility bills for the home
- Cycle to work scheme
- Shuttle Bus Service to/from Welwyn Garden City Station to Welwyn Campus
- Opportunities to get on - take advantage of our ongoing learning opportunities and award-winning training, to help you achieve the job and career you want
- Our Employee Assistance Programme helps you deal with life’s challenges
- Financial wellness - Tesco has partnered with experts to help you make the most of your money
- Get involved in a range of fundraising activities with our long-term charity partners
About the role
Define and deliver the product development proposition for your area by developing and launching great Own Label Products. Manage the Product Development Process by working collaboratively with colleagues and suppliers.
You will be responsible for
- Using your expertise to develop great quality, value and innovation within product, design and packaging portfolio
- Implementing the Product Development Process to ensure our products have a clear customer & business rationale.
- Working closely with the customer team to gain strategic customer insight, ensuring customers are at the heart of everything we do
- Managing the critical path to ensure all of my products are launched on time
- Implementing our brand and category plans across our Own Label Ranges to develop products our customers love
- Ensuring all our products are formulated in line with our Product Rules, corporate initiatives and category plans
- Driving a culture of innovation and passion for product within the team and supply base
- Being an advocate for Tesco brand and sharing your expertise & product stories with internal and external stakeholders
- Keeping up to date with trends in product, packaging & lifestyle, competitor activity and market dynamics and sharing your knowledge with the team
- Supporting my categories supplier strategy to effectively deliver a strategic development plan for your area
- Developing and leading a high performing team, giving them the opportunities to be their best
- Following our Business Code of Conduct & always acting with integrity and due diligence
You will need
- Project Management
- Ability to understand customer, market and competitor insight and foresight data
- Innovative and conceptual thinking
- Data Analysis and Decision Making
- Influencing and communication
- Relevant category/product development experience or formal qualification
- A passion for product and trends
- End to End product and proposition development
- Range Management
Key People & Teams
- Buying, Technical, Customer & Supply Chain Teams
- Quality Measurement Team
- Product Academy
- Marketing and Brand Teams
- Supplier Partners
People & Budgets you will be accountable for
- Line Management of direct reports (WL1) (where applicable)
Our vision here at Tesco is to become every customer's favourite way to shop, whether they are at home or out on the move. Our core purpose is ‘Serving Britain's shoppers a little better every day’. Our business was built with a simple mission – to be the champion for customers, helping them to enjoy a better quality of life and an easier way of living. This hasn't changed. Customers want great products at great value which they can buy easily and it's our job to deliver this in the right way for them. In the UK, we serve some 66 shoppers every second, so it's our goal to ensure every one of those customers experiences just a little better service on each visit.
At Tesco, inclusion means that Everyone’s Welcome. Everyone is treated fairly and with respect; by valuing individuality and uniqueness we create a sense of belonging.
Diversity and inclusion have always been at the heart of Tesco. It is embedded in our values: we treat people how they want to be treated. We always want our colleagues to feel they can be themselves at work and we are committed to helping them be at their best.
Across the Tesco group we are building an inclusive workplace, a place to actively celebrate the cultures, personalities and preferences of our colleagues – who in turn help to build the success of our business and reflect the diversity of the communities we serve.
NOTE: Should you be successful in your application, your offer will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details on your agreed start date.