One Stop - Retail Area Manager - 12 Month Secondment
This job has been closed.
What’s in it for you
At One Stop we value our colleagues just as much as our customers, and part of this is the benefits we offer:
- 10% Discount in One Stop & Tesco stores
- Discounted Tesco pharmacy services
- Discounted shopping website
- Free eye tests
- A great holiday package
- A commitment to your career development
- Community involvement and charity work
- Pension Scheme
One Stop is a subsidiary of the Tesco Group but is operated as a separate business and as such benefits offered will differ between One Stop and Tesco.
About the role
•I ensure completion and review of the daily store performance board is embedded
•I Inspire and lead my team, supporting them to build highly motivated and capable colleagues to ‘serve local shoppers a little better everyday .
•I coach my team to put customers and colleagues at the heart of what we do.
•I develop and maintain a culture where colleague and customer safety is inherent in everything we do and look after the health and well being of my colleagues.
•I trade my area of stores to maximise sales and to achieve a strong like for like performance.
•I focus on the basics and look for opportunities that support continuous improvement
•I deliver operational excellence across the area to delight our customers
•I am responsible for the control cost lines.
•I ensure all stores deliver effective safe and legal standards
•I am a team player, contributor and problem solve
You will be responsible for
Looks after colleagues:
- I personally know all of my managers, future managers and colleagues. I understand how people feel about working on my area of stores through talking and listening. I lead and enable a culture where all my team are happy and love working for One Stop.
- I lead a culture where we get the basics right all the time; uniform, pay, welfare, tools to do the job and environment. I look after the safety, health and well being of my colleagues.
- I continually review the shape and capability of my team, understand what the resource needs are, spot talent internally and externally and recruit the best people in the industry. I actively encourage diversity across my teams.
- I am visible and available in my store. I celebrate success, work hard to ensure colleagues feel engaged with our plans and are all working towards the same goals.
- I role model our values at all times, treat others how they like to be treated. I am humble and keep my word.. I look after my colleagues. I recognise team members who role model our values and support and coach carefully those who do not.
- I continually aim to raise the bar, ensuring I have the most highly trained colleagues, through brilliant training plans. I set clear objectives and expectations, review my team regularly and ensure my team are promoted for good work and supported for under performance, through inspiring great performance.
- In partnership with my People Partner, I lead any colleague impacting change in my area, ensuring we treat people as I would like to be treated
Looks after customers:
- I know and understand my customers. Why they shop at my store. How they feel about One Stop. What choices they have, why do they shop elsewhere.
- I actively make decisions and prioritise the customer experience in all that I do and encourage my team to do the same. I personally role model behaviours that nurture customer relationships, encouraging them to come back time and time again.
- I use my trading experience, flair, innovation to increase sales and deliver strong like for like .
- I understand the competition in my area. Where are they stronger/weaker than me. I visit them regularly.
- I strive for the best shop in town for service, full, clean and price
- I focus equally across the times and days of week, be as strong at 8pm as at 8am.
- I lead a culture of zero complaints. I deliver effective recovery of complaints, root cause and fixing ongoing issues.
- In continually review customer feedback and lead and coach my Store Managers o have effective plans in place to drive continuous improvement.
- I lead any business change activity in my area, ensuring our business remains fit for the future
Looks after the business:
- I am an ambassador for the One Stop brand.
- I deliver legal compliance. Customer and colleague safety is inherent in everything we do.
- I promote my stores to have a presence in my local community.
- I work as part of a team across my region and with the support centre.
- I identify problems and find solutions and support to resolve and fix them.
- I deliver the business KPI’s .
- Customers recommend us and come back time and again. Colleagues recommend us as a great place to work and shop. We build trusted community relationships, control stock, control cost and grow sales .
- This role covers the area of Southampton, Winchester and Fareham
You will need
Collaboration: Working together across my store and across my area to achieve shared success.
- In my role: I talk to my colleagues, sharing knowledge, experience and best practice I create a team spirit in my stores and have a network that stretches beyond my area.
Empathy: Building strong relationships with customers and colleagues.
- In my role: I am warm and welcoming with customers and colleagues, putting people at the heart of everything I do. I take time to see, hear and recognise others, building strong relationships.
Responsiveness: Being flexible in the way you think, make decisions and handle change.
- In my role: I act quickly, making decisions based on what is right for customers and colleagues. I thrive on change and take people with me to deliver it.
Resilience: Knowing your own sources of energy and keeping yourself fit for life.
- In my role: I have energy and drive to deliver beyond expectation. My colleagues see me doing the right thing both when everything is going well and when times are tough. I know how to be at my best.
Innovation: Always looking for ideas and opportunities to build a better One Stop.
- In my role: I keep my eyes open looking for opportunities to improve my department and store. I share my ideas and encourage my colleagues to do the same.