Lead Buying Manager - Baby - F&F
This job has been closed.
What’s in it for you
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work. These include but aren’t limited to:
- Annual bonus scheme where you can earn up to 3.5% of base salary
- Holiday starting at 25 days plus a personal day (plus 8 Bank holidays)
- On-site state of the art gym at our Welwyn Campus with discounted “Gympass” membership & free health checks via Nuffield Health
- Retirement savings plan - save between 4% and 7.5% and Tesco will match your contribution
- Life Assurance - 5 x contractual pay
- Share Schemes – Join our ‘Buy As You Earn’ & ‘Save As You Earn’ share schemes after 3 months service
- Colleague Clubcard (including a 2nd card for a family member) after 3 months service
- Colleague Discounts:
- 10% increasing to 15% after every pay day for a four day period, off most purchases at Tesco
- 10% off One Stop
- 10% off pay monthly & SIM only deals with Tesco Mobile
- 20% off all F&F purchases
- 20% off car, pet and home insurance at Tesco bank. T&C’s apply
- 25% off Tesco Café
- 50% off complete glasses purchases & free eye tests (other offers available) at Vision Express
- 50% off health checks at Tesco Pharmacy
- An exclusive deals and discounts website saving you money on everyday purchases, treats for the family, eating out and utility bills for the home
- Cycle to work scheme
- Shuttle Bus Service to/from Hatfield & Welwyn Garden City Station to Welwyn Campus & Hatfield Offices
- Opportunities to get on - take advantage of our ongoing learning opportunities and award-winning training, to help you achieve the job and career you want
- Our Employee Assistance Programme helps you deal with life’s challenges
- Financial wellness - Tesco has partnered with experts to help you make the most of your money
- Get involved in a range of fundraising activities with our long-term charity partners
About the role
You will lead the baby area from a buying perspective, buying great quality product ranges for your customers that are relevant and on trend at the best prices. You will also lead and develop your team of Buyers, Assistant Buyers and Buying Administrators and manage your supply base to deliver this
You will also be required to deputise for your Head of Buying where needed. You will help shape the strategy for the baby department.
You will be responsible for
- Feeding into topline strategy with your Lead MPM and your team to deliver this each season.
- Leading team of Buying Managers, ABs and BAs to create great quality ranges that are relevant on trend and great prices
- Working with the design team to research and develop product ranges that will hit seasonal trends and raise the bar.
- Building customer focused ranges for your departments with merchandising colleagues, making sure you cater for all formats, countries and events.
- Reviewing existing supplier performance and managing the sourcing strategy for your departments in agreement with HOB
- Negotiating costs and setting the selling price to deliver product margin for the departments
- Working with suppliers and technical team to ensure fit and quality standards are met.
- Overseeing critical path with your team and suppliers, ensuring key dates are met to ensure on time launch.
- Trading your departments with your Lead MPM and suppliers to manage risk and opps. Ensuring you have an extensive knowledge of the market and competition,visiting stores to establish any shifts or trends that may effect sales and require action.
- Conducting seasonal buying trips to build relationships with suppliers, understand manufacturing capability and opportunities, develop new products and negotiate prices and capacity plans.
- Following our Business Code of Conduct and always acting with integrity and due diligence
- Developing and leading a high performing team, giving them the opportunities to be their best
- Manage additional responsibilities that contribute to the running of the division and support your peer group.
You will need
- Clothing buying experience
- Strategic planning experience
- Product development experience
- Range and trade planning skills
- Leading and developing teams
- Sourcing and managing a remote supply base inc. FE/NE travel
- Building strong business partnerships
- Negotiation skills
- Data analysis and numeracy skills
- Coaching and managing people
People and Teams you will work with:
- Lead Merchandise Planning Managers
- Technical Manager
- Sourcing teams and Suppliers
People, budgets and other resources you will be accountable for:
- Your departments sales
- Your departments margins
- On-time launch
- Managing a team
Our vision here at Tesco is to become every customer's favourite way to shop, whether they are at home or out on the move. Our core purpose is ‘Serving Britain's shoppers a little better every day’. Our business was built with a simple mission – to be the champion for customers, helping them to enjoy a better quality of life and an easier way of living. This hasn't changed. Customers want great products at great value which they can buy easily and it's our job to deliver this in the right way for them. In the UK, we serve some 66 shoppers every second, so it's our goal to ensure every one of those customers experiences just a little better service on each visit.
At Tesco, inclusion means that Everyone’s Welcome. Everyone is treated fairly and with respect; by valuing individuality and uniqueness we create a sense of belonging.
Diversity and inclusion have always been at the heart of Tesco. It is embedded in our values: we treat people how they want to be treated. We always want our colleagues to feel they can be themselves at work and we are committed to helping them be at their best.
Across the Tesco group we are building an inclusive workplace, a place to actively celebrate the cultures, personalities and preferences of our colleagues – who in turn help to build the success of our business and reflect the diversity of the communities we serve.
NOTE: Should you be successful in your application, your offer will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details on your agreed start date.