Team Leader - The Cafe
The job has expired.
What’s in it for you
Alongside a fantastic work life balance, we offer excellent benefits that help make The Cafe a great place to work. These include but aren’t limited to:
- Retirement savings plan - 5% employee contribution and 3% employer contribution
- Life Assurance - 1 x contractual pay
- Colleague Clubcard after 3 months service
- Colleague Discounts: -
- 10% increasing to 15% after every pay day for a four day period, off most purchases at Tesco (from April 2020)
- 10% off One Stop
- 10% off pay monthly & SIM only deals with Tesco Mobile
- 20% off all F&F purchases
- 20% off car, pet and home insurance at Tesco Bank. T&C’s apply
- 25% off Tesco Café
- 50% off complete glasses purchases & free eye tests (other offers available) at Vision Express
- 50% off health checks at Tesco Pharmacy
- An exclusive deals and discounts website saving you money on everyday purchases, treats for the family, eating out and utility bills for the home
- Uniform provided
- Holiday starting at 28 days (Including Bank Holidays)
About the role
CAFE TEAM LEADER
Cafe Team Leader job in your local Cafe. Join Tesco Family Dining, serving our guests with the best food & drink inside their local Tesco store.
Work flexibly & motivate your cafe team to give the best guest service & smiles when Tesco shoppers pop in for a quick bite to eat or a lovely cup of coffee.
Should you be successful in your application, your offer will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details before your agreed start date.
You will be responsible for
- Motivate your cafe team to deliver guest service worth recommending!
- Supporting the General Manager & deputise
- Coach your cafe team to smash weekly targets
- Know your Cafe Menu - be prepared to check & challenge all food & drink
- Upsell our delicious extras & drive your team to do the same
- Encourage guests to give online feedback on you, your team & your Cafe
- Help your team to make sure your Cafe stays clean, safe & legal
You will need
- To be 18 years of age or older
- Practical work experience in Cafes, Fast Food, Restaurants, Pubs etc
- Currently Team Leader, F&B Supervisor, Deputy or Assistant Manager
- Understand what makes great service & passionate about it!
- Support & develop teams to always put the guest first
- Warm & engaging personality
- Multi-tasker who loves the buzz of working in a busy local Cafe
Tesco Family Dining started to revolutionise the Supermarket Dining Experience in 2014 when we opened our very first Cafe Re-model. With our trendy look & a menu that has a wide range products including daily, freshly baked goods! Our loyal guests love it & there is a strong appetite for more!
If you have a disability and need any special arrangements as part of the recruitment process please contact us via Caferecruitment@uk.tesco.com