General Manager - The Cafe
This job has been closed.
What’s in it for you
Alongside a fantastic work life balance, we offer excellent benefits that help make The Cafe a great place to work. These include but aren’t limited to:
- Retirement savings plan - 5% employee contribution and 3% employer contribution
- Life Assurance - 3 x contractual pay
- Optional Private Healthcare
- Colleague Clubcard after 3 months service
- Colleague Discounts: -
- 10% increasing to 15% after every pay day for a four day period, off most purchases at Tesco (from April 2020)
- 10% off One Stop
- 10% off pay monthly & SIM only deals with Tesco Mobile
- 20% off all F&F purchases
- 20% off car, pet and home insurance at Tesco Bank. T&C’s apply
- 25% off Tesco Café
- 50% off complete glasses purchases & free eye tests (other offers available) at Vision Express
- 50% off health checks at Tesco Pharmacy
- An exclusive deals and discounts website saving you money on everyday purchases, treats for the family, eating out and utility bills for the home
- Holiday starting at 33 days (Including Bank Holidays)
About the role
CAFE GENERAL MANAGER
Permanent Cafe General Manager job available. Your local Tesco Cafe is a hospitality business sitting inside a big Tesco store
No late nights or long weekends, you can finally get that healthy work life balance! Your Cafe provides a relaxing place for Tesco shoppers to have a quite bite or simply a great cup of tea or coffee!
Should you be successful in your application, your offer will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details before your agreed start date.
You will be responsible for
- This is your Cafe, you will drive all Cafe operations
- Find, develop & lead the best cafe team
- Focus your energy on product availability, upselling & controlling costs
- Strive to always do better for your guests
- Really own your P&L to make your cafe efficient & profitable
- Make Tesco Shoppers want to be our guests. You have the traffic, you just need to convert them!
You will need
- To be 18 years of age or older
- Successful Manager, Deputy or Assistant within in cafes, restaurants, pubs or fast food, etc
- Evidence of developing successful hospitality teams
- Evidence of growing guest satisfaction
- Takes ownership & has grown sales in a business
- Thrives in a branded business, with set menus, food specs, etc.
Tesco Family Dining started to revolutionise the Supermarket Dining Experience in 2014 when we opened our very first Cafe Re-model. With our trendy look & a menu that has a wide range products including daily, freshly baked goods! Our loyal guests love it & there is a strong appetite for more!
If you have a disability and need any special arrangements as part of the recruitment process please contact us via Caferecruitment@uk.tesco.com