Business Management Degree Apprenticeship - Stores
The job has expired.
What’s in it for you
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work. These include but aren’t limited to:
- Annual bonus scheme where you can earn up to 3.5% of base salary
- Holiday starting at 20 days plus a personal day rising to 22 days after 12 months (plus 8 Bank holidays)
- On-site state of the art gym at our Welwyn Campus with discounted “Gympass” membership & free health checks via Nuffield Health
- Retirement savings plan - save between 4% and 7.5% and Tesco will match your contribution
- Life Assurance - 5 x contractual pay
- Share Schemes – Join our ‘Buy As You Earn’ & ‘Save As You Earn’ share schemes after 3 months service
- Colleague Clubcard (including a 2nd card for a family member) after 3 months service
- Colleague Discounts:
- 10% increasing to 15% after every pay day for a four day period, off most purchases at Tesco
- 10% off One Stop
- 10% off pay monthly & SIM only deals with Tesco Mobile
- 20% off all F&F purchases
- 20% off car, pet and home insurance at Tesco bank. T&C’s apply
- 25% off Tesco Café
- 50% off complete glasses purchases & free eye tests (other offers available) at Vision Express
- 50% off health checks at Tesco Pharmacy
- An exclusive deals and discounts website saving you money on everyday purchases, treats for the family, eating out and utility bills for the home
- Cycle to work scheme
- Shuttle Bus Service to/from Hatfield & Welwyn Garden City Station to Welwyn Campus & Hatfield Offices
- Opportunities to get on - take advantage of our ongoing learning opportunities and award-winning training, to help you achieve the job and career you want
- Our Employee Assistance Programme helps you deal with life’s challenges
- Financial wellness - Tesco has partnered with experts to help you make the most of your money
- Get involved in a range of fundraising activities with our long-term charity partners
About the role
Our new Business Management degree apprenticeship will equip you with real-life management experience as you take on a paid, leadership role at a Tesco store in London. As well as having a passion for our products and motivating a large team, you’ll be making a difference, understanding what matters for our London customers and inspiring your colleagues to serve them a little better every day.
Your experience with us
Induction – We’ll kick off your apprenticeship with an induction, where you’ll learn more about our business and your programme. It’s a great opportunity for you to meet your fellow apprentices, before spending two weeks across different areas of your store to understand how it operates.
Programme structure – You’ll quickly take on responsibility, developing skills to become a Team Manager in a large London store within your first year. You’ll then progress to a senior role, leading a group of Team Managers. Throughout the three years, you’ll also be studying for a BA in Business Management.
Introducing Pearson College – Your degree course will be delivered by Pearson College who pride themselves on working closely with industry partners, so you get up-to-the-minute, inspirational knowledge and experience. The course will give you a firm grounding in areas such as Management, Law, Finance, Marketing, Enterprise and Strategic Planning.
Where next? – Having gained a degree in Business Management, as well as the relevant skills and experience, you’ll be supported to make the move from one of our large stores to managing one of our Express stores.
Working in our London stores
We have opportunities in six London boroughs, giving local school-leavers the chance to gain a degree without the financial commitment of leaving home.
- Tower Hamlets
You will be responsible for
Alongside your management role in store, you’ll be studying one day a week with tutors from Pearson College in Holborn. Throughout your three-year degree apprenticeship, you’ll be supported by your store leadership team as you work towards a BA (Hons) Business Management degree, validated by the University of Kent. We’ll pay you a salary and your tuition fees, as well as your travel expenses when you need to attend college, so you can graduate without any debt.
You will need
We’re looking for self-motivated school leavers in six London boroughs, with an energetic and enthusiastic attitude, not forgetting a passion for retail. You’ll love a challenge and be able to think on your feet. You’ll also be able to effectively communicate with customers and colleagues. The real success in this role will come from working as part of a team and being great with people. You’ll also need to meet the minimum degree course requirements:
English Language and Maths GCSE grade C/4 or above (or equivalent)
Eligible to study an apprenticeship in the UK
Aged 18 or over
Our vision here at Tesco is to become every customer's favourite way to shop, whether they are at home, out shopping, on the move, anywhere in the world.
Our core purpose is ‘Serving Britain's shoppers a little better every day’.
Our business was built with a simple mission – to be the champion for customers, helping them to enjoy a better quality of life and an easier way of living. This hasn't changed. Customers want great products at great value which they can buy easily and it's our job to deliver this in the right way for them.
In the UK, we serve some 66 shoppers every second, so it's our goal
If you require and reasonable adjustments throughout our process, please let us know to enable us to support you.
Please contact: email@example.com