What’s in it for you
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work. These include but aren’t limited to:
- Annual bonus scheme where you can earn up to 3.5% of base salary
- Holiday starting at 25 days plus a personal day (plus 8 Bank holidays)
- On-site state of the art gym at our Welwyn Campus with discounted “Gympass” membership & free health checks via Nuffield Health
- Retirement savings plan - save between 4% and 7.5% and Tesco will match your contribution
- Life Assurance - 5 x contractual pay
- Share Schemes – Join our ‘Buy As You Earn’ & ‘Save As You Earn’ share schemes after 3 months service
- Colleague Clubcard (including a 2nd card for a family member) after 3 months service
- Colleague Discounts:
- 10% increasing to 15% after every pay day for a four day period, off most purchases at Tesco.
- 10% off One Stop
- 10% off pay monthly & SIM only deals with Tesco Mobile
- 20% off all F&F purchases
- 20% off car, pet and home insurance at Tesco bank. T&C’s apply
- 25% off Tesco Café
- 50% off complete glasses purchases & free eye tests (other offers available) at Vision Express
- 50% off health checks at Tesco Pharmacy
- An exclusive deals and discounts website saving you money on everyday purchases, treats for the family, eating out and utility bills for the home
- Cycle to work scheme
- Shuttle Bus Service to/from Hatfield & Welwyn Garden City Station to Welwyn Campus & Hatfield Offices
- Opportunities to get on - take advantage of our ongoing learning opportunities and award-winning training, to help you achieve the job and career you want
- Our Employee Assistance Programme helps you deal with life’s challenges
- Financial wellness - Tesco has partnered with experts to help you make the most of your money
- Get involved in a range of fundraising activities with our long-term charity partners
About the role
The Supply Chain Team is a global operation responsible for getting hundreds of millions of products from farms and factories to our millions of customers each and every day.
We've built our reputation on frequently reinventing our supply chain to respond to how our customers want to shop. In the 60s we were the first to design a supply chain to serve out of town supermarkets. In the 90s we supported the first 24 hour stores for the first time. And in 2000 we led the way in introducing online grocery shopping.
The demands on Tesco's supply chain have never been greater. Our customers want more flexibility in the way that they shop and demand an ever growing range of products. You have the opportunity to be part of the team that responds to that challenge and again transforms Tesco's supply chain, decides how best to use the space in stores and provides outstanding value to our customers irrespective of how, where or what they want to shop.
When you start in our team we expect you to quickly make a difference, taking accountability for work that influences what happens in all our stores across the UK. With millions of customers each week, our store colleagues will be relying on you to exercise your responsibilities with skill and dedication.
Therefore we have to recruit the best people. We're looking for analytical problem solvers, energetic & creative thinkers, people that are passionate about our products and customers.
We hugely value our colleagues. We believe in and invest in a culture of learning, improvement and personal development. We encourage an inspiring, honest and fun culture in which you are supported to become the best you can be, whilst also being yourself at all times.
Only in Supply Chain can you experience the challenge of being part of a global operation, along with the opportunity to strategically influence and transform one of the UK's most important businesses.
You will be responsible for
As an Analyst for Supply Chain you will lead development projects that improve the Supply Chain for Tesco, suppliers and customers. These projects will improve availability, reduce costs and optimise stock holding.
- Developing a deep understanding of how the retail industry, our supply chain and store operations work and why.
- Using a combination of data and business understanding to turn data into insight, root causing issues, defining problems and designing creative solutions.
- Reporting data accurately and turning it into useful information which has context and supporting narrative.
- Articulates the opportunity, insight, or project clearly, and can flex style to engage with empathy and conviction.
- Owning a project; build engagement, influence relevant stakeholders and deliver change in line with milestones.
- Measuring the costs & benefits associated with your work and recommending suspension/postponement of delivery if an opportunity fails to materialise or previously unknown costs become apparent.
- Maintaining & developing our suite of insight reports to give our operators and leadership visibility of how the business is performing and what we need to do to improve.
- Following our Business Code of Conduct and always acting with integrity and due diligence.
You will need
- Data Analysis
- Flexibility, ability to plan and organise, responsiveness, creativity, a self-starter
- Able to build solid working relationships with peers and senior leadership
- Ability to demonstrate strong written, verbal communication and presentation skills to all levels of seniority and disciplines within the organisation.
The following experience is desirable but not essential:
- Root Cause Analysis
- Process Improvement
- Project management
- Financial Acumen: cost and benefit tracking
- Supply Chain Operations
- Knowledge of our Suppliers' supply chains
- Using tools to extract & analyse data (especially SQL, Excel & Matlab)
- Working with systems & technology
Tesco has become a market leader by doing the little things that really matter for our customers and colleagues. It is part of what makes Tesco such a great place to work!
We are the UK's number one retailer and we pride ourselves on offering a great shopping experience. We are passionate about our food, merchandise and services and will always try to get things right for our customers.
But did you know we also offer great job opportunities? With stores, distribution centres and offices across the UK, we have a vast variety of roles and we are always looking for people who have a hunger to work with customers and colleagues across our exciting business. We believe in treating each other with respect and giving everyone an equal opportunity to get on. It's our people that make the difference every day - helping us make a difference for our customers.
We are proud to have an inclusive culture at Tesco where everyone is welcome and truly feels able to be themselves. At Tesco, we not only celebrate diversity, but recognise the value and opportunity it brings to enable us to serve our shoppers a little better every day. We strive to create a workforce that reflects our customers not only here in the UK, but worldwide. Our aim is to attract and welcome a diverse range applicants from all walks of life, offering many varying working patterns across our business and we would love to hear from you!
NOTE: Should you be successful in your application, your offer will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details on your agreed start date.