The following content displays a map of the jobs location - Hybrid + Farringdon/Welwyn Garden City
Senior UX Designer - Enterprise
What’s in it for you
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work! These include but are not limited to:
- Annual bonus scheme
- Holiday starting at 25 days plus a personal day (and bank holidays)
- Great colleague discounts and deals, saving you money on everyday purchases, utility bills for the home and more
- Retirement savings plan – save between 4% and 7.5% and Tesco will match your contribution
- Buy as you earn and Save as you earn share schemes
- Opportunities to get on – take advantage of our ongoing learning opportunities and award-winning training to help you achieve the career you want
About the role
We are looking for a Senior UX designer driven to build detailed and easy to use products and services for our colleagues & suppliers. Our talented and collaborative multidisciplinary team is made up of design and research specialists, focusing on supporting users to collaborate more efficiently & make better decisions.
With a genuine appetite for sophisticated information, you will have deep experience in user research, facilitation, conceptualisation, and technical implementation, as well as a passion and energy for design and visual communication of your ideas. Insights and data (quant and qual) are what drive our team, and you will use it to support your decisions.
We would love someone passionate about UX, love to understand our people and are excited to improve the experience of colleagues and support their evolving needs.
You will be responsible for
- Redefining complicated experiences into simple and intuitive solutions
- Take ownership of all end-to-end UX process activities, and champion human-centred experience design within the immediate project area and in wider business
- Use appropriate UX research and design methods to deeply understand the user needs, goals, difficulties, and the underlying opportunities to improve our products and services, collaborating with the project team throughout the journey
- Apply deep systems thinking, service design, and think beyond the digital touchpoints or UI improvements as an efficient solution
- Coordinate and conduct user-first discoveries, ethnographic research, as well as other appropriate behavioural and attitudinal research to help advise and evaluate design
- Work with multidisciplinary teams across the business to facilitate business partner (business and user) workshops, run appropriate conceptualisation and participatory design sessions
- Storyboard, sketch, prototype, and craft fabulous UI solutions that have real impact on the day-to-day lives of our users
- Work with feature development teams to make sure that the workflow reflects the user needs and ensure consistency among features and similar tools
- Develop expert-level knowledge of competitive and complementary products and bring new insights to the team
- Work across the company’s multi-platform sites: and support experiences developed based on adaptable design principles while supporting to the development of our design system
- Clearly present various stages of design development to business owners, team members and other business partners.
You will need
- Deep expertise in user research, end-to-end design process, conceptualisation, UI prototyping, user testing, and implementation
- Experience in service design and systems thinking. You can approach design process holistically considering all key touchpoints (digital and non-digital), and are able to think beyond UI design as a go to solution
- Expertise with a range of quantitative and qualitative research methods, and ability to measure design impact
- Expertise in human centred discovery and ethnographic research. You’ll have direct and unlimited access to our users
- Expertise in appropriate research and design methods to deeply understand the as-is, and propose to-be experiences
- Expertise in human factors, user psychology and what makes people tick
- Proven understanding of front-end, back-end, and the software development life cycle would be a phenomenal advantage (no coding required)
- Ability to work in partnership with Product Managers, peer UX and UI Designers, and Engineering to align user-centred design vision and activities with our business goals
- Bachelor’s degree or experience in Interaction Design, Computer Interaction, Behavioural Psychology, or another related field
- Proficiency with the following tools: Miro, Figma, Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, and other related software
- Strong UX portfolio highlighting relevant case studies. Displayed experience of user research, deep understanding of existing challenges, and collaboratively producing appropriate solutions are key
- Consistent track record
Our vision at Tesco is to become every customer’s favourite way to shop, whether they are at home or out on the move. Our core purpose is “Serving our customers, communities and planet a little better every day”. Serving means more than a transactional relationship with our customers. It means acting as a responsible and sustainable business for all stakeholders, for the communities we are part of, and for the planet.
We are proud to have an inclusive culture at Tesco where everyone truly feels able to be themselves. At Tesco, we not only celebrate diversity, but recognise the value and opportunity it brings. We’re committed to creating a workplace where differences are valued, and make sure that all colleagues are given the same opportunities. We’re a big business with diverse working patterns and many business areas which means that we can find something that works for you. Everyone is welcome at Tesco.
We have recently announced that we are moving to a more blended working week – combining office and remote working. Our offices continue to be where we connect, collaborate and innovate. Talk to us about how this can work for you.
Note: Should you be successful in your application, your employment will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details on your agreed start date.