The following content displays a map of the jobs location - Welwyn Garden City
Technology Change Programme Manager
What’s in it for you
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work. These include but aren’t limited to:
- Annual bonus scheme - up to 20%
- Holiday starting at 25 days plus a personal day (plus 8 Bank holidays)
- On-site state of the art gym at our Welwyn Campus with discounted “Gympass” membership & free health checks via Nuffield Health
- Retirement savings plan - save between 4% and 7.5% and Tesco will match your contribution
- Life Assurance - 5 x contractual pay
- Share Schemes – Join our ‘Buy As You Earn’ & ‘Save As You Earn’ share schemes after 3 months service
- Colleague Clubcard (including a 2nd card for a family member) after 3 months service
- Colleague Discounts:
- 10% increasing to 15% after every pay day for a four day period, off most purchases at Tesco
- 10% off One Stop
- 10% off pay monthly & SIM only deals with Tesco Mobile
- 20% off all F&F purchases
- 20% off car, pet and home insurance at Tesco bank. T&C’s apply
- 25% off Tesco Café
- 50% off complete glasses purchases & free eye tests (other offers available) at Vision Express
- 50% off health checks at Tesco Pharmacy
- An exclusive deals and discounts website saving you money on everyday purchases, treats for the family, eating out and utility bills for the home
- Cycle to work scheme
- Shuttle Bus Service to/from Welwyn Garden City Station to Welwyn Campus
- Opportunities to get on - take advantage of our ongoing learning opportunities and award-winning training, to help you achieve the job and career you want
- Our Employee Assistance Programme helps you deal with life’s challenges
- Financial wellness - Tesco has partnered with experts to help you make the most of your money
- Get involved in a range of fundraising activities with our long-term charity partners
About the role
A Programme Manager role within Business Transformation managing cross functional, large programmes of work to deliver change and benefits to the Product (Commercial) business, in particular redesigning of Finance and Technology to re-define the ordering and purchasing at Tesco. This is a unique opportunity to take part in innovation and realisation of projects with our global teams to improve and streamline existing processes.
You will be responsible for
- Creating a winning transformational business case spanning the International, Food and Non Food areas of the Tesco business; designing change solutions and project streams to deliver the value created with an expert team
- Managing key governance forums, working closely with the Head of Programmes and senior responsible owners
- Engaging key programme stakeholders within and outside of governance forums, and establishing clear direction, accountabilities and deliverable expectations
- Delivering the programme outcomes, as indicated in the programme business case, whilst managing trade-offs across the whole programme or interlinked projects globally.
- Overseeing production and monitoring of the programme plan, communicating progress against key milestones to the governance forum seeking help and assurance from the PCMO office as needed
- Ensuring appropriate resources across the programme and against programme budget to meet priorities
- Managing cross programme interdependencies, risks and escalating issues to get clear direction and decision from stakeholders
- Developing and leading a high performing team across our international offices, giving them the opportunities to be their best and mentoring
- Forecasting and managing budgets effectively, always being cost conscious
- Following our Business Code of Conduct and always acting with integrity and due diligence
You will need
- Stakeholder management.
- Communication and presentation skills.
- Programme management methodology / qualification.
- Strategy development.
- Financial modelling (inc. business case development)
- Organisation skills (including time management).
- More detail of relevant skills matrix can be supplied
- Programme management experience (from inception to outcome delivery)
- Experience of working with technology development teams (including product managers) and large 3rd party platform partners
- Experience of budgeting and planning processes.
- MSP(Managing Successful Programmes) qualification
This role will require international travel.
Our vision here at Tesco is to become every customer's favourite way to shop, whether they are at home, out shopping, on the move, anywhere in the world. We want our customers to be inspired and whatever they are looking for, we’re finding bigger and better ways to provide it.
Everything is underpinned by our continuous drive for the best tools and technology to deliver our vision. We’re driving innovation and transforming our Technology to become the world’s leading retailer.
We need people who share our ambition to deliver for our customers. Passionate and confident people willing to take the initiative and drive us forwards. In return, we offer excitement, a great team, an excellent benefits package, and significant career development opportunities.
Joining us means playing a part in defining; building and launching an ambitious roadmap of digital products that could affect the lives of millions of people over the years to come.
At Tesco, inclusion means that Everyone’s Welcome. Everyone is treated fairly and with respect; by valuing individuality and uniqueness we create a sense of belonging. Diversity and inclusion have always been at the heart of Tesco. It is embedded in our values: we treat people how they want to be treated. We always want our colleagues to feel they can be themselves at work and we are committed to helping them be at their best. Across the Tesco group we are building an inclusive workplace, a place to actively celebrate the cultures, personalities and preferences of our colleagues – who in turn help to build the success of our business and reflect the diversity of the communities we serve.
If that sounds exciting then we would love to hear from you!
The position is based at our Technology Centre in Welwyn Garden City, Hertfordshire.