The following content displays a map of the jobs location - Welwyn Garden City
Workplace Systems Engineer – Office-Printing and Retail Device Management
What’s in it for you
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work! These include but are not limited to:
- Annual bonus scheme
- Holiday starting at 25 days plus a personal day (and bank holidays)
- Great colleague discounts and deals, saving you money on everyday purchases, utility bills for the home and more
- Retirement savings plan – save between 4% and 7.5% and Tesco will match your contribution
- Buy as you earn and Save as you earn share schemes
- Opportunities to get on – take advantage of our ongoing learning opportunities and award-winning training to help you achieve the career you want
About the role
A great opportunity is now available for a talented Systems Engineer. Working as part of an experienced team, you’ll use your experience and expertise on managing device hardware catalogue life-cycle along with designing and deployment of print solutions (Lexmark, HP, Xerox etc.) with seamless integration in eco system, including Active directory, wifi, certificates, security & management stack.
You will be responsible for
• Be responsible for full life cycle Print solution.
• Be responsible for roadmaps and technical standards for secure, scalable, and cost effective print solution.
• Be responsible for planning & implementation of relevant majos upgrades / changes.
• Be responsible for special projects around retail device management and modern workplace.
• Design and deliver Infrastructure solutions involving multiple Infrastructure domains which enable best user experience and secure computing for our users across all business functions.
You will need
Mandatory Technology skills
- Expertise on managing device hardware catalogue lifeycle
- Expertise on design and deployment of print solutions (Lexmark, HP, Xerox etc.)
- Expertise on design and deployment of print solution with seamless integration in eco system, including Active directory, wifi, certificates, security & management stack
- Expertise on Microsoft office applications ( office 2019 and office 365), deployment and management
- Expertise on Modern device deploymet and management ( Autopilot and Intune/MEM)
- Expertise on retail device management ( Android PDAs, Cameras, other IOT devices etc.).
- Having at least 7 years of hands on experience in managing end to end print services for large organisation.
(Added advantage to have all these skills, demonstrating the breadth of knowledge)
- Apple products and technologies
- Office 365 collaboration stack
- Microsoft licensing
- MECM platform management
- Desktop performance monitoring and analytics solutions
Finance & Commercials
- Understand Initiate supplier Proof of Concept activity.
- Ability to support business cases by evaluating suitable products for their technology and commercial impact on Tesco and assist the business team in making the right decision.
- Understand how budgeting and procurement process works in Tesco and can effectively apply the knowledge in planning and influencing product roadmaps.
Our vision at Tesco is to become every customer’s favourite way to shop, whether they are at home or out on the move. Our core purpose is “Serving our customers, communities and planet a little better every day”. Serving means more than a transactional relationship with our customers. It means acting as a responsible and sustainable business for all stakeholders, for the communities we are part of, and for the planet.
We are proud to have an inclusive culture at Tesco where everyone truly feels able to be themselves. At Tesco, we not only celebrate diversity, but recognise the value and opportunity it brings. We’re committed to creating a workplace where differences are valued, and make sure that all colleagues are given the same opportunities. We’re a big business with diverse working patterns and many business areas which means that we can find something that works for you. Everyone is welcome at Tesco.
We have recently announced that we are moving to a more blended working week – combining office and remote working. Our offices continue to be where we connect, collaborate and innovate. Talk to us about how this can work for you.
Note: Should you be successful in your application, your employment will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details on your agreed start date.