The following content displays a map of the jobs location - Welwyn Garden City
Lead Technical Programme Manager - Infrastructure
What’s in it for you
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work! These include but are not limited to:
- Annual bonus scheme
- Holiday starting at 25 days plus a personal day (and bank holidays)
- Great colleague discounts and deals, saving you money on everyday purchases, utility bills for the home and more
- Retirement savings plan – save between 4% and 7.5% and Tesco will match your contribution
- Buy as you earn and Save as you earn share schemes
- Opportunities to get on – take advantage of our ongoing learning opportunities and award-winning training to help you achieve the career you want
About the role
At Tesco we are managing a significant Infrastructure estate across our global data centres and stores which includes server, storage and network.
The role will be involved in our continued expansion of the Technical Programme Management Team to ensure successful delivery against all upcoming Workplace Deliverables. Experience in Workplace technology will be key and the candidate will need to demonstrate knowledge of key elements such as Microsoft products and their implementation, alongside the devices used to access corporate information and their practical operation within the business.
There will be exposure to financial forecasting, reviewing actuals and writing Investment papers to secure programme funding. This also includes running a programme specific governance to help prioritise work packages, and preparing packs and presenting at Infrastructure’s Director Level programme governance.
You will be responsible for
The TPM role in Infrastructure will be accountable for building the new Infrastructure and migrating systems on to the right hosting platforms in line with our Data Centre Product Roadmap.
This opportunity will provide the successful candidate with multiple deliverables that will be owned end-to-end across infrastructure. Strong communication skills will be required in order to build excellent relationships across technology teams, the business as well as some of our key Infrastructure suppliers. As TPM, you will you need to coordinate and ensure support of the relevant teams, to deliver the required quality & value, while ensuring that risks & issues are identified and mitigated.
The successful candidate will show a can do attitude, be able to work independently and show an ability to drive ongoing improvement to processes.
Whilst specific responsibilities will be dependent upon the changing needs of the Tesco business, the following provides an overview of the role’s key responsibilities and measures:
- Deliver complex programmes with multiple business and technical risks that will impact the success of key Tesco business priorities.
- Establish new or improve existing delivery methodology to deliver the programme goals.
- Initiate and shape programmes with ambiguous scope and uncertain delivery approach.
- Create and track a plan to deliver the programme goals, including the technical implementation plan.
- Foresee potential risks and issues, establish a process, facilitate discussion and manage escalations.
- Act on opportunities to adopt trends and new concepts in programme and product delivery.
- Understand a technical architecture to be able to foresee the impact on dependencies, delivery timelines and implementation plans.
- Understand technology concepts, grasp new ones quickly and appreciate their implications on delivery.
- Collaborate with the Vendors, Product and Engineering teams to define programme budgetary requirements.
- Build positive relationships with suppliers & external stakeholders to deliver software or professional services.
You will need
An ideal candidate will have:
- A proven record of accomplishment in delivering technology and/or infrastructure.
- Experience of building credible relationships and influencing management & leadership teams.
- Strong Project, Stakeholder & Programme management skills.
- Excellent communication & influencing skills.
- Clear drive and ambition to develop beyond the TPM role.
Our vision at Tesco is to become every customer’s favourite way to shop, whether they are at home or out on the move. Our core purpose is “Serving our customers, communities and planet a little better every day”. Serving means more than a transactional relationship with our customers. It means acting as a responsible and sustainable business for all stakeholders, for the communities we are part of, and for the planet.
We are proud to have an inclusive culture at Tesco where everyone truly feels able to be themselves. At Tesco, we not only celebrate diversity, but recognise the value and opportunity it brings. We’re committed to creating a workplace where differences are valued, and make sure that all colleagues are given the same opportunities. We’re a big business with diverse working patterns and many business areas which means that we can find something that works for you. Everyone is welcome at Tesco.
We have recently announced that we are moving to a more blended working week – combining office and remote working. Our offices continue to be where we connect, collaborate and innovate. Talk to us about how this can work for you.
Note: Should you be successful in your application, your employment will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details on your agreed start date.