The following content displays a map of the jobs location - Welwyn Garden City
Lead Product Manager - Fulfilment
What’s in it for you
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work! These include but are not limited to:
- Annual bonus scheme
- Holiday starting at 25 days plus a personal day (and bank holidays)
- Great colleague discounts and deals, saving you money on everyday purchases, utility bills for the home and more
- Retirement savings plan – save between 4% and 7.5% and Tesco will match your contribution
- Buy as you earn and Save as you earn share schemes
- Opportunities to get on – take advantage of our ongoing learning opportunities and award-winning training to help you achieve the career you want
About the role
Product managers at TESCO Technology are passionate about solving problems. They take accountability for complex and strategic products, and are empowered to drive the product strategy, the roadmap and the outcomes. Driven by curiosity and innovation, coupled with strong partnership with Business, Engineering, User Research and Data Science teams, our product managers create value for our Customers and Colleagues globally.
TESCO’s fulfilment operations, powered by a strong and large store and customer fulfilment network, is the backbone of the business and at the forefront of serving our Customers. Our fulfilment network ensures our Customers get what they want, when they want and where and how they want their shopping. Our massive and matured fulfilment operations is on a progressive journey to embrace world class mechanical automation solutions, with technology at the heart of it. We are bringing in concepts like Urban Fulfilment Centre, Robotic Automation etc. to life to serve the needs of todays and tomorrow’s fulfilment networks
We are looking for a Lead Product Manager who can lead this journey, share our ambition to deliver for our Customers; be curious and passionate about unleashing the potential of Automation, improving User Experience, and using Data for better decisions for TESCO’s fulfilment network.
In return, we offer exciting & industry leading opportunities, a great team, an excellent benefits package, and significant career development opportunities. The position will be based at our Technology Centre in Welwyn Garden City, Hertfordshire
You will be responsible for
- Own technology products which enable the Fulfilment Operations
- Evolve and drive the product vision, strategy and long-term roadmap and execute it well by constantly managing the stakeholder’s expectations and working through dependencies across multiple products/ teams.
- Drive product adoption and own product Outcomes and Key Results (OKRs)
- Lead product discovery to identify newer opportunities and problem statements. Run product experiments against defined hypothesis which enables robust data-driven decisions on product improvements and influences product objectives.
- Drive the acceptance and adoption of ideas and opportunities with product teams and stakeholders
- Build and nurture a great team of product managers which can lead us into future. You will have people management responsibilities.
You will need
- Building strong collaboration with several teams and stakeholders including Operations teams, 3rd Party Partners, User experience (UX), Data Science, Engineering teams etc.
- Leadership and direction setting for cross functional team(s) with decision making on near-term priorities versus long term strategic path.
- Influencing your teams and stakeholders to drive change and product driven value creation.
- Experience leading and developing high-performance product management teams.
- Experience in product management of Front-End products (e.g. User Apps) OR Back-End products (e.g. APIs, business logic or algorithms).
- Experience and understanding of agile techniques to deliver world-beating products
- Experience in managing products across different stages of product lifecycle
- Experience in Warehousing Automation/ Distribution / Fulfilment technology is preferred but not mandatory
Our vision at Tesco is to become every customer’s favourite way to shop, whether they are at home or out on the move. Our core purpose is “Serving our customers, communities and planet a little better every day”. Serving means more than a transactional relationship with our customers. It means acting as a responsible and sustainable business for all stakeholders, for the communities we are part of, and for the planet.
We are proud to have an inclusive culture at Tesco where everyone truly feels able to be themselves. At Tesco, we not only celebrate diversity, but recognise the value and opportunity it brings. We’re committed to creating a workplace where differences are valued, and make sure that all colleagues are given the same opportunities. We’re a big business with diverse working patterns and many business areas which means that we can find something that works for you. Everyone is welcome at Tesco.
We have recently announced that we are moving to a more blended working week – combining office and remote working. Our offices continue to be where we connect, collaborate and innovate. Talk to us about how this can work for you.
Note: Should you be successful in your application, your employment will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details on your agreed start date.