The following content displays a map of the jobs location - Welwyn Garden City / Farringdon
Product Manager - Profile & Contact
What’s in it for you
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work! These include but are not limited to:
- Annual bonus scheme
- Holiday starting at 25 days plus a personal day (and bank holidays)
- Great colleague discounts and deals, saving you money on everyday purchases, utility bills for the home and more
- Retirement savings plan – save between 4% and 7.5% and Tesco will match your contribution
- Buy as you earn and Save as you earn share schemes
- Opportunities to get on – take advantage of our ongoing learning opportunities and award-winning training to help you achieve the career you want
About the role
The Profile and Contact product team are responsible for managing the product vision, strategy and development of one of Tesco’s core technology foundations – an API Platform that provides a simple, secure and accurate way of managing a customer’s details (e.g. name, address, location etc.) in a cross channel / omnichannel environment.
Our product responds to millions of requests per day, both online and across every till instore. We are central to almost every technology-oriented journey that Tesco has.
If you’ve ever shopped with us you’ve already been a user of the Profile and Contact APIs.
You will be responsible for
As the Product Manager, you’ll be leading an agile team of industry leading engineers upon Tesco’s Profile and Contact system. You will be responsible for the future direction of the products that we build, solving problems, encouraging your team and developing new features through quality, scalable, performant and maintainable technical solutions. The solutions that you and your team will be responsible for will have a global reach, impacting millions of customers.
- Help to determine the product strategy for this area by working with other Product Managers and the Head of Product for Customer APIs to deliver the product vision.
- Act as the Product Manager and work direct with the development team and other stakeholders to break down complex pieces of work into manageable slices of value with the aim to deliver as frequently as possible.
- Navigate and manage conflicting priorities really well, communicate clearly and understand how to drive a high level of focus and excellence in all those around you.
- Deliver simple, well described, prioritised stories to your development team whilst ensuring context of the works importance is shared and the value it delivers is clear.
- Relentlessly measure and communicate value created to all stakeholders, all the time.
- Work with delivery counterparts to plan sprints / releases that unlock value for complex interdependent outcomes.
- Work closely with your products customers, analytics teams and business stakeholders to understand the issues they face, lead discovery work to define minimum viable products (MVP) and minimum product fit for each new feature.
You will need
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A methodical/ analytical approach and great problem-solving skills
- Use good prioritisation techniques to refine and groom your backlog
- Attitude and the aptitude to learn new product area/domain quickly
- Great presentation and persuasion skills
- Team player who could work collaboratively with other members of the team
- Empathy and good listening skills to understand the needs/ pain points of your customers/ stakeholders
- Knowledge of Agile methodologies, writing effective user stories/ acceptance criteria
- Understanding of User Research/ Design Thinking concepts
- Numerate and confident handling data.
- Good domain expertise in the relevant functional area
- Knowledge and experience of product management best practice and methodologies and strong technical acumen
- Experience of User Research/ Design Thinking concepts and applied those for your product work.
- Good knowledge in the use of Tools & Techniques for Backlog prioritisation, managing dependencies and for gaining insights using available data points.
- Broad knowledge and understanding of the technologies relevant to product management.
- Knowledge and experience of current software development methodologies and processes.
Our vision at Tesco is to become every customer’s favourite way to shop, whether they are at home or out on the move. Our core purpose is “Serving our customers, communities and planet a little better every day”. Serving means more than a transactional relationship with our customers. It means acting as a responsible and sustainable business for all stakeholders, for the communities we are part of, and for the planet.
We are proud to have an inclusive culture at Tesco where everyone truly feels able to be themselves. At Tesco, we not only celebrate diversity, but recognise the value and opportunity it brings. We’re committed to creating a workplace where differences are valued, and make sure that all colleagues are given the same opportunities. We’re a big business with diverse working patterns and many business areas which means that we can find something that works for you. Everyone is welcome at Tesco.
We have recently announced that we are moving to a more blended working week – combining office and remote working. Our offices continue to be where we connect, collaborate and innovate. Talk to us about how this can work for you.
Note: Should you be successful in your application, your employment will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details on your agreed start date.