Head of Systems Engineering - Video & Voice
What’s in it for you
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work! These include but are not limited to:
- Annual bonus scheme of up to 45% of base salary
- Car allowance of £7320 per annum
- Holiday starting at 25 days plus a personal day (and bank holidays)
- Private medical insurance offered through Bupa
- Retirement savings plan – save between 4% and 7.5% and Tesco will match your contribution
- Life Assurance at 5x contractual pay
- Buy as you earn and Save as you earn share schemes
About the role
The Head of Systems Engineering role is accountable for determining the strategic roadmap for their technical area Voice and Video and Identity and Collaboration, whilst providing leadership for their team. In this role, you will communicate with employees, stakeholders, customers, vendors to ensure our company’s technologies are developed and used appropriately. With a good understanding of current technological trends and variety of business concepts, able to demonstrate strategic thinking and strong business acumen.
You will be responsible for
• Lead a team to develop technical aspects of the company’s strategy to ensure alignment with its business goals.
• Discover and implement new technologies that yield competitive advantage.
• Supervise system infrastructure to ensure functionality and efficiency.
• Monitor KPIs (Key Performance Indicators) and IT budgets to assess the success of technology/service deliveries.
• Use stakeholders’ feedback to drive necessary improvements and adjustments to technology
• Represent Infrastructure/Systems Engineering across all of Tesco Technology and with suppliers
• Lead an engineering team(s), who are responsible for developing, delivering and running the Technology services and products.
• Collaborates with other Engineering Department Leaders and Leads to ensure that service delivery and project requirements are being met.
You will need
Ensure security is by design.
• Demonstrate strategic vision, define Infrastructure strategy, and drive priorities within the delivery programmes to reflect the business strategic direction.
• Use personal experience and an innovative approach to support and plan for growth within Systems Engineering and translate it into a technology and team roadmap.
• Demonstrate commercial acumen and have extensive experience managing vendors and suppliers.
• Accountable for resource planning to ensure the successful delivery of projects and support across the team.
• Drive adoption of new tools and techniques being able to understand their value and impact.
• Drive innovation through transformation and Continual Service Improvement.
• Establish global standards and ensure these are enforced and adhered to. • Manage vendor contracts, licensing agreements, and major life cycle upgrades. • Responsible for hiring, objective setting, coaching employees, and support for individual's career growth. • Cultivates innovative ideas and challenges the status quo. • Adapt solution and processes to effectively enable productivity and collaboration in hybrid working.
• Identity solutions - Active Directory and Azure Active Directory • Productivity and collaboration solutions – Strong expertise on MS O365. Experience in supplementary tools like Condeco, Miro, Slido etc. will be plus. • Experience and expertise in managing Voice, videoconference, broadcast event solutions. • Security solutions like – ATP, AIP, Intune etc. • Certificate management – PKI and other industry standard external solutions • DDI solutions (DNS, DHCP and IP address management) • Collaboration solutions (Cisco Call Manager, Cisco Telepresence, Microsoft Teams / Microsoft Teams Rooms etc)
• Voice solutions (VOIP, Microsoft Teams Enterprise Voice, PSTN, Mobile Telephony, AudioCodes Session Border Controllers, Global SIP) • Colleague communication / broadcast tools (vBrick, Microsoft Teams Live Events or similar)
Our vision at Tesco is to become every customer’s favourite way to shop, whether they are at home or out on the move. Our core purpose is “Serving our customers, communities and planet a little better every day”. Serving means more than a transactional relationship with our customers. It means acting as a responsible and sustainable business for all stakeholders, for the communities we are part of, and for the planet.
We are proud to have an inclusive culture at Tesco where everyone truly feels able to be themselves. At Tesco, we not only celebrate diversity, but recognise the value and opportunity it brings. We’re committed to creating a workplace where differences are valued, and make sure that all colleagues are given the same opportunities. We’re a big business with diverse working patterns and many business areas which means that we can find something that works for you. Everyone is welcome at Tesco.
We have recently announced that we are moving to a more blended working week – combining office and remote working. Our offices continue to be where we connect, collaborate and innovate. Talk to us about how this can work for you.
Note: Should you be successful in your application, your employment will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details on your agreed start date.