Standards and Audit Advisor
This job has been closed.
What’s in it for you
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work! These include but are not limited to:
- Annual bonus scheme.
- Holiday starting at 20 days plus a personal day rising to 22 days after 12 months (plus 8 Bank holidays).
- Retirement savings plan - save between 4% and 7.5% and Tesco will match your contribution.
- Life Assurance - 5 x contractual pay.
- Great colleague deals and discounts, saving you money on everyday purchases, eating out and utility bills for the home.
- Opportunities to get on - take advantage of our ongoing learning opportunities and award-winning training, to help you achieve the job and career you want.
Click here to read more about the benefits we have available for our colleagues.
About the role
We have a new vacancy which has arisen in the Standards and Audit team.
This job role is critical to the operation of our supplier technical audit programme, with accountabilities for supporting the end to end audit process.
The hiring manager for this role is Simon Ellis.
You will be responsible for
- Following our Business Code of Conduct and always acting with integrity and due diligence
- Working closely with the Standards and Audit Managers, facilitate the management of our Food supplier technical audit programmes, including performance reporting and audit scheduling queries.
- Manage the scheduling of Technical Audits, ensuring correct prioritisation & operational efficiency
- Advising our Product technical teams in the supplier audit process from audit date scheduling, to close out of non-conformances raised during the audit.
- Leading on the Remote Audit Programme operation and development
- Leading on the Horticulture supplier standards and technical approval programme, ensuring suitable governance is in place to drive improvements in supplier standards throughout the supply chain
- Guiding our Product technical teams in the Food Standards, through the understanding of technical requirements to be achieved and supporting compliance to the required standards.
- Based on feedback, industry knowledge and ongoing learnings, continuously improving Food Standards, requirements, guidance and training material content for suppliers, colleagues and Audit Providers.
- Manage the Shadow Audit Programme
You will need
- Communication skills, written and verbal
- Project Management and Organisational skills
- Proficient IT Skills (Microsoft Office and SharePoint)
- Management of relationships with stakeholders
- Commercial awareness
- Ability to multitask, prioritise and work effectively to meet deadlines
- Degree or equivalent qualification in science/ technology subject or extensive appropriate experience
- >2 years experience in related industry or retail
- Understanding the principles of technical audits
- Technical background with manufacturing, production, supply chain, retail or an auditing background is beneficial.
Our vision at Tesco is to become every customer's favourite way to shop, whether they are at home or out on the move. Our core purpose is ‘Serving our customers, communities and planet a little better every day’. Serving means more than a transactional relationship with our customers. It means acting as a responsible and sustainable business for all stakeholders, for the communities we are part of and for the planet.
We are proud to have an inclusive culture at Tesco where everyone truly feels able to be themselves. At Tesco, we not only celebrate diversity, but recognise the value and opportunity it brings. We're committed to creating a workplace where differences are valued, and make sure that all colleagues are given the same opportunities. We're a big business with diverse working patterns and many business areas which means that we can find something that works for you. Everyone is welcome at Tesco.
We have recently announced that we will be moving towards a more blended working week – combining office and remote working. Our offices will continue to be where we connect, collaborate and innovate. Please talk to us to about how this can work for you.
NOTE: Should you be successful in your application, your offer will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details on your agreed start date.