Online Development Manager (Part-Time, secondment)
What’s in it for you
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work! These include but are not limited to:
- Annual bonus scheme
- Holiday starting at 25 days plus a personal day (and bank holidays)
- Great colleague discounts and deals, saving you money on everyday purchases, utility bills for the home and more
- Retirement savings plan – save between 4% and 7.5% and Tesco will match your contribution
- Buy as you earn and Save as you earn share schemes
- Opportunities to get on – take advantage of our ongoing learning opportunities and award-winning training to help you achieve the career you want
About the role
Tesco Online is the biggest Online grocer in the UK and one of the largest in the world. Digital growth is core to Tesco’s future strategy and in this role you will be responsible for supporting the strategic development and optimisation of the Online range to optimise for sales, profitability and customer satisfaction. As a manager you will translate strategy into action, executing plans brilliantly and working collaboratively and cross functionally with multiple stakeholders. You will typically lead and / or support projects or be a subject matter expert.
You will be responsible for
- As part of the Online Range Strategy and Development Team accountability is focused on developing the Online Range strategy for different operating models to maximise sales and profit, and increase customer satisfaction with Range.
- Leading, managing and/or supporting to define (new) strategic initiatives for Tesco Online based on customer needs, market trends and opportunities to increases sales & profit growth.
- Evaluating potential return on investment against agreed metrics to support prioritisation in business and technology plans.
- Delivering and optimising initiatives for range; including stakeholder management, project management and financial performance to deliver against the long-term and annual business plans. Balancing the needs of customers, colleagues and business priorities and ensuring opportunities and threats are well understood by key stakeholders.
- Working with the Commercial Product, Fulfilment, Customer and Technology teams develop operating models and execution plans against the strategy.
- Working with Online Trading & Operations through to execution.
- Working with our International teams to ensure knowledge is shared across markets for more effective and efficient proposition development and testing.
You will need
- Understanding of Online business models and economics
- Strong strategy and proposition development as well as analytical skills
- Ability to bridge between strategic thinking and pragmatic implementation
- Strong project management skills
- Strong stakeholder management ability
- Good commercial acumen and understanding
- Strong communication and storytelling skills (written and verbal)
- Record of effective joint business planning and delivery of cross-functional initiatives from trial to roll-out
- Experience of broad stakeholder management and developing networks that extend beyond your function
- Experience managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Strategy formulation, business development, corporate development in Online/Retail context
- Experience sizing business opportunities and creating business cases
Additional information regarding the role:
- Part-time 21.75 hours per week (3 days a week) as part of a job share.
- Wednesday to Friday preferred (although will consider other days of the week
- 9-12 months cover expected duration
Hiring Manager is Kathryn Simpson, please reach out for any additional information regarding the role.
Our vision at Tesco is to become every customer’s favourite way to shop, whether they are at home or out on the move. Our core purpose is “Serving our customers, communities and planet a little better every day”. Serving means more than a transactional relationship with our customers. It means acting as a responsible and sustainable business for all stakeholders, for the communities we are part of, and for the planet.
We are proud to have an inclusive culture at Tesco where everyone truly feels able to be themselves. At Tesco, we not only celebrate diversity, but recognise the value and opportunity it brings. We’re committed to creating a workplace where differences are valued, and make sure that all colleagues are given the same opportunities. We’re a big business with diverse working patterns and many business areas which means that we can find something that works for you. Everyone is welcome at Tesco.
We have recently announced that we are moving to a more blended working week – combining office and remote working. Our offices continue to be where we connect, collaborate and innovate. Talk to us about how this can work for you.
Note: Should you be successful in your application, your employment will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details on your agreed start date.