The following content displays a map of the jobs location - Welwyn Garden City
Lead Programme Manager (Enabling Functions - Finance Reporting & Insights)
What’s in it for you
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work! These include but are not limited to:
- Annual bonus scheme
- Holiday starting at 25 days plus a personal day (and bank holidays)
- Great colleague discounts and deals, saving you money on everyday purchases, utility bills for the home and more
- Retirement savings plan – save between 4% and 7.5% and Tesco will match your contribution
- Buy as you earn and Save as you earn share schemes
- Opportunities to get on – take advantage of our ongoing learning opportunities and award-winning training to help you achieve the career you want
About the role
About the Enabling Functions (EF) Programme Team
Enabling Functions are responsible for bringing out the best in our colleagues by giving them the support they need to perform at the highest level. By helping our core business across diverse parts of the organisation such as Global Operations, Finance, HR, Property, Legal and Procurement make the most of the latest technological innovations, we have real far-reaching impact across Tesco.
We provide services on a large scale; as the second largest employer in the UK, our teams are responsible for deploying and managing Payroll systems which support over 300,000 people. Our finance systems execute billions of pounds worth of payment transactions each year and in the future, we expect the size of our services to continue to grow.
We are about to start the next chapter for Tesco with ambitious plans to transform the technology landscape. Data will be at the forefront of that transformation. Through the Finance Reporting and Insight Programme we will deliver a significant uplift in data management capability – making data easier to access and consume, providing greater business insight.
We are looking for an experienced TPM with to join the Enabling Functions programme team. In this role, you will need to display a working knowledge of data management coupled with strong communication skills to allow you to collaborate across Finance, Technology, Product and Data Science.
You will be responsible for
The Role – Technical Programme Manager
Technical Programme Managers (TPMs) deliver complex, cross-functional technology programmes that support colleagues and help serve our customers better. They work collaboratively, influence Product, Engineering and business colleagues and lead the programme to deliver value quickly and often.
Whilst specific responsibilities will be dependent upon the changing needs of the Tesco business, the following provides an overview of the role’s key responsibilities and measures:
- Deliver programmes with business and/or technical risks
- Optimise or use a standard programme delivery methodology for delivering programme goals (e.g., agile, waterfall, iterative)
- Bring together, coordinate and energise virtual technology teams to deliver programme goals
- Create and track a plan to deliver the programme goals, including the technical implementation plan
- Understand trade-offs and resulting impacts; make impacts visible to Product, Infrastructure or Engineering for the right decision to be made
- Managing dependencies, delivery timelines and implementations plans, using knowledge of technical architecture
- Appreciating and responding to delivery challenges, using knowledge of engineering best practices and/or infrastructure implementations
- Understand technology concepts, grasp new ones quickly and appreciate their implications on delivery
- Effectively manage major incidents, ensuring stakeholders are updated with the right information to drive the correct decisions
- Build positive relationships with suppliers & external stakeholders to deliver software or professional services
- Coach peers and other roles, teaching where required, on methodologies and programme management tools
- This role will best suit an individual who enjoys working as part of a team, is well organised, pragmatic and a lateral thinker with an inquisitive mind who is motivated to make change for the better and, most importantly, puts our customers first.
You will need
Key Skills and Experience
You’ll need to have:
- A proven accomplished record of delivering technology and/or infrastructure; having done so across multiple teams in multiple geographies
- Experience of building credible relationships and influencing management and leadership teams
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills – you must be able to articulate complex concepts to a diverse audience.
- The ability to influence without authority.
- Flexibility, ability to plan and organise, responsiveness, creativity, self-starter
- Demonstrate resilience during change and continue delivery
Our vision at Tesco is to become every customer’s favourite way to shop, whether they are at home or out on the move. Our core purpose is “Serving our customers, communities and planet a little better every day”. Serving means more than a transactional relationship with our customers. It means acting as a responsible and sustainable business for all stakeholders, for the communities we are part of, and for the planet.
We are proud to have an inclusive culture at Tesco where everyone truly feels able to be themselves. At Tesco, we not only celebrate diversity, but recognise the value and opportunity it brings. We’re committed to creating a workplace where differences are valued, and make sure that all colleagues are given the same opportunities. We’re a big business with diverse working patterns and many business areas which means that we can find something that works for you. Everyone is welcome at Tesco.
We have recently announced that we are moving to a more blended working week – combining office and remote working. Our offices continue to be where we connect, collaborate and innovate. Talk to us about how this can work for you.
Note: Should you be successful in your application, your employment will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details on your agreed start date.