Product Manager - Cash Payment
What’s in it for you
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work! These include but are not limited to:
- Annual bonus scheme
- Holiday starting at 25 days plus a personal day (and bank holidays)
- Great colleague discounts and deals, saving you money on everyday purchases, utility bills for the home and more
- Retirement savings plan – save between 4% and 7.5% and Tesco will match your contribution
- Buy as you earn and Save as you earn share schemes
- Opportunities to get on – take advantage of our ongoing learning opportunities and award-winning training to help you achieve the career you want
About the role
As Product Manager for Cash Payment you will drive the product strategy, roadmap, execution, optimisation and processing technology at Tesco.
Your mission is to ensure that cash payments are better for customers and simpler for colleagues.
You will build customer facing cash payment experiences and optimise the services our colleagues used to manage cash availability in-store and to send cash to the bank. You will increase customer happiness and reduce cash handling costs through agility in our in-house and 3rd party software.
You will contribute to wider strategy around new payment experiences, the future of cash payments, store planning and operations.
You will work as part of the Payments team in Tesco Technology, a cross functional Agile product development team of engineers, technology product managers and programme managers. We are based in office locations in the United Kingdom (London and Welwyn Garden City), India (Bengaluru) and Hungary (Budapest). We are responsible for payment experience and processing for all Tesco markets globally. Work locally, think globally!
Our product vision is to make payments a reason to shop more of Tesco, more often. We offer payment services that are helpful, efficient, safe and exciting. Our team enables customer payment innovation across a single, global, omnichannel retail platform that is unique to Tesco.
You will be responsible for
- Manage an API as a product to enable digital transformation and build new lines of business
- Build scalable, resilience transactional services as part of a wider service orientated architecture for multiple consumers and front-end apps to use
- Business process mapping, workflow optimisation, human centred design
- Technically proficient to influence and understand the solution context and approach (legacy, tactical, strategic) and aid engineering in estimating the complexity of work being requested
- Have proven success in leading a team of highly talented and opinionated product managers and taken multiple ideas from conception to go-live, through standard software product development lifecycle and got measurable success across defined Outcomes and Key Results
- Efficient in stakeholder management and has ability to steer the team in the right direction by putting the best team members in the most value generating Products/ Business priorities
- Experience of replacing manual processes with smart devices and new hardware
- Knowledge of Cash and banking processes in Retail would be beneficial
You will need
Product Vision and Strategy
- Works across the market, industry and organisation to drive a product vision
- Crafts, leads and implements product strategy
- Measures progress against Outcomes and Key Results
- Manages one or more backlogs
- Knows when to apply different flavours of Agile product development
- Leads Agile process and ceremonies
- Runs twin track Discovery and Delivery
- Works on organisation-wide transformation initiatives, value with other independent product teams
- Uses a range of research techniques
- Instils a test and learn approach
- Considers safety, security and privacy from the beginning
Product Delivery and Optimisation
- Prioritises effectively
- Makes decisions based on data
- Tests the riskiest assumption first
- Delivers value in slices
- Manages dependencies
- Keeps everyone informed, up to date and aligned
- Has delivered change in a Retail environment (in-store, online)
- Collaboration: You work across the business to achieve shared success
- Empathy: You build positive relationships with customers and colleagues
- Responsiveness: You are agile in the way you think, make decisions and handle change
- Resilience: You know your own source of energy and keep yourself fit for life
- Innovation: You keep your eyes open so you can lead the business for the future
Our vision at Tesco is to become every customer’s favourite way to shop, whether they are at home or out on the move. Our core purpose is “Serving our customers, communities and planet a little better every day”. Serving means more than a transactional relationship with our customers. It means acting as a responsible and sustainable business for all stakeholders, for the communities we are part of, and for the planet.
We are proud to have an inclusive culture at Tesco where everyone truly feels able to be themselves. At Tesco, we not only celebrate diversity, but recognise the value and opportunity it brings. We’re committed to creating a workplace where differences are valued, and make sure that all colleagues are given the same opportunities. We’re a big business with diverse working patterns and many business areas which means that we can find something that works for you. Everyone is welcome at Tesco.
We have recently announced that we are moving to a more blended working week – combining office and remote working. Our offices continue to be where we connect, collaborate and innovate. Talk to us about how this can work for you.
Note: Should you be successful in your application, your employment will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details on your agreed start date.