Business Acceptance Testing Manager
What’s in it for you
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work! These include but are not limited to:
- Annual bonus scheme
- Holiday starting at 25 days plus a personal day (and bank holidays)
- Great colleague discounts and deals, saving you money on everyday purchases, utility bills for the home and more
- Retirement savings plan – save between 4% and 7.5% and Tesco will match your contribution
- Buy as you earn and Save as you earn share schemes
- Opportunities to get on – take advantage of our ongoing learning opportunities and award-winning training to help you achieve the career you want
About the role
Would you describe yourself as detail orientated? Do you like the idea of identifying areas of improvement in our products, so we can continue to provide world class systems to our colleagues? Well, we at Tesco are looking for someone with Product Management skills to join us in our Business Acceptance Testing Team!
The role entails detailed planning, applying the appropriate measurements and metrics & managing the testing effort on the ground working seamlessly with operational teams across Tesco.
You will be responsible for
- Developing and leading a hard-working team, giving them the opportunities to be their best and articulate the overall testing framework for the Transformation Programme
- Design & implement outstanding testing practices
- Responsible for crafting the Test approach for quarterly & major releases
- Leadership accountability for Test plan execution incl. defects & risks management
- Handle vendor relationships where appropriate
- Engage & empower Tesco Leadership team to act on BAT findings for strategic improvements
- Responsible for providing direction to critical quality gates prior to declaring the end solution (product) as ready to roll out
- Engage other transformation teams, specifically Product & Technology areas to improve results & reduce deviations
- Forecasting and managing team budgets effectively, always being cost conscious
- Project manage multiple test phases for a major release through clinical planning & execution incl. Risk & issues management & strong reporting.
- Drive BAT activities from planning to execution
- Seek & pursue improvements that will support better user experience, Payroll & Policy adherence and compliance
You will need
• Strong experience of working in a matrix organisation & vendor engagement
• Experience working in off-shore/outsourced atmosphere
• Working with senior stakeholders in projects
• Project management
• Create & Manage consolidated test plans for a release
• Risks & issues management
• Maintain all related collateral in an efficient manner
Our vision at Tesco is to become every customer’s favourite way to shop, whether they are at home or out on the move. Our core purpose is “Serving our customers, communities and planet a little better every day”. Serving means more than a transactional relationship with our customers. It means acting as a responsible and sustainable business for all stakeholders, for the communities we are part of, and for the planet.
We are proud to have an inclusive culture at Tesco where everyone truly feels able to be themselves. At Tesco, we not only celebrate diversity, but recognise the value and opportunity it brings. We’re committed to creating a workplace where differences are valued, and make sure that all colleagues are given the same opportunities. We’re a big business with diverse working patterns and many business areas which means that we can find something that works for you. Everyone is welcome at Tesco.
We have recently announced that we are moving to a more blended working week – combining office and remote working. Our offices continue to be where we connect, collaborate and innovate. Talk to us about how this can work for you.
Note: Should you be successful in your application, your employment will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details on your agreed start date.