The following content displays a map of the jobs location - Welwyn Garden City
Senior Technical Project Manager - Infrastructure, Network, LAN/WAN
About the role
At Tesco we are managing a significant Infrastructure estate across our global data centres and stores which includes server, storage and network.
This role aligns to our Global Distributed Network Programme that is redesigning and redeploying the network to all our Store, Distribution Centres and Head Offices across the Tesco Group. This network, which we refer to as our ‘RWAN’ is critical to the future connectivity and will underpin all our customer and colleague systems that allow our fast-paced business to thrive.
This role will support the end-to-end delivery of our new RWAN network. The project is currently in the procurement phase, running a significant RFP to source the necessary network services.
You will form part of the internal programme team responsible for completing the planning and delivery of the transformation to c4,000 global locations. You will report to the Senior Technical Programme manager.
You will need to drive the programme agenda, aligning our business, technology and suppliers of our future network.
You will help to deliver the programme on time, budget and to the agreed scope while minimising and disruption to business operations.
You will be responsible for
Whilst specific responsibilities will be dependent upon the changing needs of the Tesco business, the following provides an overview of the role’s key responsibilities and measures:
- Coordinate teams to deliver for complex programmes with multiple business and technical risks that will impact the success of key Tesco business priorities
- Create and track a plan to deliver the programme goals, including the technical implementation plan, ensuring colleagues and stakeholders from across Tesco are kept up-to-date
- Manage dependencies and risk, to minimise delivery risk
- Prepare and present to governance sessions
- Establish new, or improve existing, programme delivery methodology to deliver the programme goals
- Shape programmes with ambiguous scope and uncertain delivery approach
- Understand trade-offs in software delivery using experience and influencing skills to drive consensus with the Engineering and Product teams to obtain the best value and solution
- Foresee potential risks and issues, establish a process, facilitate discussion and manage escalations
- Be aware and evaluate trends and new concepts in programme and product delivery
- Be able to understand a technical architecture to be able to foresee the impact on dependencies, delivery timelines and implementation plans
- Have good knowledge of engineering best practices and practical infrastructure implementations to appreciate delivery challenges
- Collaborate with the Product and Engineering teams to define annual budgetary requirements
Contribute actively to TPM community
You will need
- A proven record of accomplishment in delivering technology and/or infrastructure.
- Experience of large-scale network programmes (preferred)
- Experience of large scale retail deployments
- Experience of building credible relationships and influencing management & business teams
- Excellent communication & influencing skills
- Project Management
- Stakeholder Management
- Programme Management
- Networking (LAN and WAN)
- Waterfall and Agile methodologies
- Fluent English
Our vision at Tesco is to become every customer’s favourite way to shop, whether they are at home or out on the move. Our core purpose is “Serving our customers, communities and planet a little better every day”. Serving means more than a transactional relationship with our customers. It means acting as a responsible and sustainable business for all stakeholders, for the communities we are part of, and for the planet.
We are proud to have an inclusive culture at Tesco where everyone truly feels able to be themselves. At Tesco, we not only celebrate diversity, but recognise the value and opportunity it brings. We’re committed to creating a workplace where differences are valued, and make sure that all colleagues are given the same opportunities. We’re a big business with diverse working patterns and many business areas which means that we can find something that works for you. Everyone is welcome at Tesco.
We have recently announced that we are moving to a more blended working week – combining office and remote working. Our offices continue to be where we connect, collaborate and innovate. Talk to us about how this can work for you.
Note: Should you be successful in your application, your employment will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details on your agreed start date.