Lead Technical Programme Manager (Supplier Partner Services)
About the role
We are an ambitious Programme, Product & Engineering Team at Tesco aiming to deliver value and quality to our customers (Suppliers, Buyers) by creating more self-sufficient, cost-effective, informative applications to assist users to complete their day to day activities.
Few of the key programmes in this portfolio include
- Delivery of our Partners’ Toolkit application which is the front door of our Business to Partners/Suppliers – Vision: “A single destination that provides access to everything our diverse partners need to work with Tesco throughout all stages of our relationship”
- Delivery of our Supplier Performance Reporting systems: Vision: “To share trading information with our partners in new ways to help them manage their business more effectively and provide a better service to Tesco's shoppers”
- Delivery of our Trading Partner Service Application: “We truly understand all Tesco Partners and their complex and diverse global relationships with us”
These programmes contribute significantly to the strategic objectives of the organization including closely working with multiple stakeholders & partners delivering bespoke technology services and new Service Model Processes within the business to deliver towards one of our Big 6 Objectives: “To build Trusted Partnerships”
You will be responsible for
Whilst specific responsibilities will be dependent upon the changing needs of the Tesco business, the following provides an overview of the role’s key responsibilities and measures:
- Deliver complex programmes with multiple business and technical risks that will impact the success of key Tesco business priorities
- Establish new or improve existing programme delivery methodology to deliver the programme goals
- Shape programmes with ambiguous scope and uncertain delivery approach
- Create and track a plan to deliver the programme goals, including the technical implementation plan, ensuring colleagues and stakeholders from across Tesco are kept up-to-date
- Provide advice and guidance on programme delivery (mentoring other TPMs and supporting Engineering/Product teams)
- Understand trade-offs in software delivery using experience and influencing skills to drive consensus with the Engineering and Product teams to obtain the best value and solution
- Be able to foresee potential risks and issues, establish a process, facilitate discussion and manage escalations
- Able to be aware and evaluate trends and new concepts in programme and product delivery
- Be able to understand a technical architecture to be able to foresee the impact on dependencies, delivery timelines and implementation plans
- Have good knowledge of engineering best practices and practical infrastructure implementations to appreciate delivery challenges
- Collaborate with the Product and Engineering teams to inform annual budgetary requirements
- Build positive relationships with suppliers & external stakeholders to deliver software or professional services, holding them to account on delivery and improvement plans
- Support vendor selection processes (tendering, agreeing SLAs, warranty periods, outsourcing)
- Coach peers and other roles, teaching where required, on methodologies and programme management tools and coach/mentor on leadership
- Contribute actively to TPM community
You will need
Key Skills and Experience
An ideal candidate must have demonstrated below key skills in their current and past roles
- Have a proven record of accomplishment in delivering technology and/or infrastructure; having done so across multiple teams in multiple geographies
- Have Experience of building credible relationships and influencing senior management & leadership teams
- Work through multiple time zones to deliver cross country programs
- Strong Project, Stakeholder & Programme management skills
- Strong vendor management and negotiating skills.
- Exceptional reporting skills for programs and financial forecasting
- Excellent communication & influencing skills and adoptability to changes
Our vision here at Tesco is to become every customer's favourite way to shop, whether they are at home, out shopping, on the move, anywhere in the world.
In order to enable our vision, we strive to simplify operations for our Colleagues, Partners & Vendors to enable efficient trade.
Everything is underpinned by our continuous drive for the best tools and technology to deliver our vision. We’re driving innovation and transforming our Technology to become the world’s leading retailer.
We need people who share our ambition to deliver for our stakeholders. Passionate and confident people willing to take the initiative and drive us forwards. In return we offer excitement, a great team, an excellent benefit package, and significant career development opportunities.
Joining us means playing a part in defining; building and launching an ambitious roadmap of digital products that could affect the lives of millions of people over the years to come.
If that sounds exciting, then we'd love to hear from you.
The position will be based at our Welwyn Garden City Head Office, United Kingdom.