Head of Product – Flexible Price & Promotion Platform
What’s in it for you
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work! These include but are not limited to:
- Annual bonus scheme of up to 45% of base salary
- Car allowance of £7320 per annum
- Holiday starting at 25 days plus a personal day (and bank holidays)
- Private medical insurance offered through Bupa
- Retirement savings plan – save between 4% and 7.5% and Tesco will match your contribution
- Life Assurance at 5x contractual pay
- Buy as you earn and Save as you earn share schemes
About the role
Our vision here at Tesco is to become every customer's favourite way to shop, whether they are at home, in store, on the move … anywhere in their world. With our unrivalled physical and digital assets and an ambitious investment programme, we aim to become the world's best multi-channel retailer.
Everything is underpinned by our continuous drive for the best tools and technology to deliver our vision. We’re driving innovation, evolving our product development process and transforming our technology to become the world’s leading e-commerce business.
We need people who share our ambition to deliver for our customers. We want passionate, talented and hardworking individuals willing to take the initiative and drive us forwards. In return we offer a huge challenge, strong support, a great team, an excellent benefit package, and significant career development opportunities.
The Price platform consisting of the Price, Promotion, Basket Price and Location APIs product team is part of Tesco’s Retail Platform which powers all of the customer and colleague transactions at Tesco group.
You will be responsible for
As Head of Product Management for the Flexible Price & Promotion Platform, you will synthesize the global vision for pricing, promotions and checkout capabilities, along with their intersection into loyalty and customer rewards at Tesco across all in store physical and digital experiences, globally. Building, running and motivating a talented global product team to deliver on your strategy, you will work with internal and external stakeholders to identify and deliver on the right outcomes in this domain. Working side by side with your engineering counterparts, you will prioritize across your domain, resolving resource conflicts, and always putting the customer first.
- Responsible for the global product strategy and outcomes for Tesco’s flexible price and promotions platform and associated components (price, promotions, rewards, basket pricing and location segments), working closely with the Head of Product - Price & Promotions Engine and the Principal Product Manager – Pricing, to deliver value across physical and digital touchpoints.
- Drive to maturity and continue to iterate to agreed outcomes, a multi-tenanted, global suite of services/APIs at scale that power the store and online experiences. You will be responsible for safeguarding price and promotions data across 5 countries with their ecommerce websites and 4,000+ stores.
- Be the primary go-to resource for all matters relating to the broader flexible pricing and promotions platform, and articulation of how it is used throughout the company. Engage key stakeholders across Tesco, such as the Commercial Product, Customer proposition, operations, and business development teams - define the right strategy for each of our regions.
- Define the Outcomes and Key Results for your product areas, and deliver value in slices for the customers, business, and colleagues.
- Oversee & co-ordinate the development through each stage of the product life cycle, including end of life for legacy systems. Balance resources and investments to maximise the value delivered.
- Be a product leader that can develop those around you to raise the calibre of product signal throughout the org.
- Actively participate in recruiting, for your team and others across the organisation.
- This is a senior Product leader role and will suit a candidate who has led large transactional teams across various stages of the product lifecycle.
You will need
Key Skills and Experience
You’ll need to have demonstrated experience of:
- Articulating a complex product strategy in terms of consumer and business value
- Experience and understanding of agile techniques to deliver world-beating API products
- Experience leading and developing high-performance product management teams. Experience managing at least 5 direct reports
- Experience managing multiple products through all phases of the software development lifecycle
- Thinking at a conceptual level across a number of systems and platforms for holistic user experiences and data handling
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills – you must be able to articulate complex concepts to a diverse audience
- Experience of communicating effectively at CxO level
- The ability to influence without authority
- Bachelors degree or demonstrable experience required
- Desirable to have strong knowledge and experience of high-volume transactional businesses (payments, retail, finance, adtech, etc)
- Desirable experience in Pricing and Checkout Experience products
Our vision at Tesco is to become every customer’s favourite way to shop, whether they are at home or out on the move. Our core purpose is “Serving our customers, communities and planet a little better every day”. Serving means more than a transactional relationship with our customers. It means acting as a responsible and sustainable business for all stakeholders, for the communities we are part of, and for the planet.
We are proud to have an inclusive culture at Tesco where everyone truly feels able to be themselves. At Tesco, we not only celebrate diversity, but recognise the value and opportunity it brings. We’re committed to creating a workplace where differences are valued, and make sure that all colleagues are given the same opportunities. We’re a big business with diverse working patterns and many business areas which means that we can find something that works for you. Everyone is welcome at Tesco.
We have recently announced that we are moving to a more blended working week – combining office and remote working. Our offices continue to be where we connect, collaborate and innovate. Talk to us about how this can work for you.
Note: Should you be successful in your application, your employment will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details on your agreed start date.