Product Manager - Fulfilment - Frontend
The job has expired.
What’s in it for you
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work. These include but aren’t limited to:
• Annual bonus scheme where you can earn 10-20% of base salary
• Holiday starting at 25 days plus a personal day (plus 8 Bank holidays)
• On-site state of the art gym at our Welwyn Campus with discounted “Gympass” membership & free health checks via Nuffield Health
• Retirement savings plan - save between 4% and 7.5% and Tesco will match your contribution
• Life Assurance - 5 x contractual pay
• Share Schemes – Join our ‘Buy As You Earn’ & ‘Save As You Earn’ share schemes after 3 months service
• Colleague Clubcard (including a 2nd card for a household member) after 3 months service
• Colleague Discounts:
• 10% increasing to 15% after every pay day for a four day period, off most purchases at Tesco
• 10% off One Stop
• 10% off pay monthly & SIM only deals with Tesco Mobile
• 20% off all F&F purchases
• 20% off car, pet and home insurance at Tesco bank. T&C’s apply
• 25% off Tesco Café
• 50% off complete glasses purchases & free eye tests (other offers available) at Vision Express
• 50% off health checks at Tesco Pharmacy
• An exclusive deals and discounts website saving you money on everyday purchases, treats for the family, eating out and utility bills for the home
• Cycle to work scheme
• Shuttle Bus Service to/from Hatfield & Welwyn Garden City Station to Welwyn Campus & Hatfield Offices
• Opportunities to get on - take advantage of our ongoing learning opportunities and award-winning training, to help you achieve the job and career you want
• Our Employee Assistance Programme helps you deal with life’s challenges
• Financial wellness - Tesco has partnered with experts to help you make the most of your money
• Get involved in a range of fundraising activities with our long-term charity partners
About the role
- Own products which enable the Automation of Fulfilment Operations and through those products influence and support the Fulfilment Automation strategy
- Evolve and drive the product vision, strategy and long-term roadmap and execute it well by constantly managing the stakeholder’s expectations and working through dependencies across multiple products/ teams.
- Accountable for the performance/ adoption of the product and work towards achieving the Outcomes and Key Results (OKRs)
- Understand key user personas for the product and their pain points.
- Understand and demonstrate the features of the product to different audiences within and outside of the immediate team
- Drives experiments against defined hypothesis which enables robust data-driven decisions on product improvements and influences product objectives
- Understands product discovery and can establish minimum viable product (MVP) for any new product/feature, collaborating with user experience (UX) and engineering teams to prototype and validate the MVP
- Provide leadership and direction to cross functional team(s) on short-term tasks/ near-term priorities
- Drive the acceptance and adoption of ideas and improvements with product teams and engineering stakeholders
- Effectively outline and explain new product needs to the engineering team using user stories with personas and acceptance tests and help the team in breaking down a complex piece of work/ epic into smaller, deliverable chunks of value that can be delivered faster.
- Steer sprint/ release planning sessions by working with the engineering counterparts to plan sprints/ releases that deliver maximum business value in least effort
You will be responsible for
- Product Management experience. Experience with Warehousing Automation/ Distribution / Fulfilment products is preferred
- Experience in building Front End products (e.g. User Apps) OR Back End products (e.g. APIs, business logic or algorithms).
- Proven track record of owning Problem Statements/Opportunities and achieving committed Outcomes
- Ability to solve problems through discovery and hypothesis driven approach
- Proven ability to absorb several inputs and data points to refine and define the User Needs and solve the problems iteratively
- Has experience in/and understanding of User Experience (UX) Research driven product development
- Ability to work independently and drive the product’s lifecycle
Our vision here at Tesco is to become every customer's favourite way to shop, whether they are at home or out on the move. Our core purpose is ‘Serving Britain's shoppers a little better every day’. Our business was built with a simple mission – to be the champion for customers, helping them to enjoy a better quality of life and an easier way of living. This hasn't changed. Customers want great products at great value which they can buy easily and it's our job to deliver this in the right way for them. In the UK, we serve some 66 shoppers every second, so it's our goal to ensure every one of those customers experiences just a little better service on each visit.
At Tesco, inclusion means that Everyone’s Welcome. Everyone is treated fairly and with respect; by valuing individuality and uniqueness we create a sense of belonging.
Diversity and inclusion have always been at the heart of Tesco. It is embedded in our values: we treat people how they want to be treated. We always want our colleagues to feel they can be themselves at work and we are committed to helping them be at their best.
Across the Tesco group we are building an inclusive workplace, a place to actively celebrate the cultures, personalities and preferences of our colleagues – who in turn help to build the success of our business and reflect the diversity of the communities we serve.
It remains that Shire Park is our central location for Head Office teams. We have recently announced that we will be moving towards a more blended working week – combining office and remote working. Our base will be the office, where we connect, collaborate and innovate – and there will be the expectation for everyone to be in the office more often than not. For Head Office roles we therefore expect colleagues to spend a proportion of their time at our offices in Shire Park.
We are supportive of colleagues having conversations with hiring managers about what office presence will look like in the context of the role.
NOTE: Should you be successful in your application, your offer will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details on your agreed start date.