Assistant Buyer - Ladieswear
What’s in it for you
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work. These include but aren’t limited to:
- Annual bonus scheme where you can earn up to 5% of base salary
- Holiday starting at 20 days plus a personal day rising to 22 days after 12 months (plus 8 Bank holidays)
- On-site state of the art gym at our Welwyn Campus with discounted “Gympass” membership & free health checks via Nuffield Health
- Retirement savings plan - save between 4% and 7.5% and Tesco will match your contribution
- Life Assurance - 5 x contractual pay
- Share Schemes – Join our ‘Buy As You Earn’ & ‘Save As You Earn’ share schemes after 3 months service
- Colleague Clubcard (including a 2nd card for a family member) after 3 months service
- Colleague Discounts:
- 10% increasing to 15% after every pay day for a four day period, off most purchases at Tesco
- 10% off One Stop
- 10% off pay monthly & SIM only deals with Tesco Mobile
- 20% off all F&F purchases
- 20% off car, pet and home insurance at Tesco bank. T&C’s apply
- 25% off Tesco Café
- 50% off complete glasses purchases & free eye tests (other offers available) at Vision Express
- 50% off health checks at Tesco Pharmacy
- An exclusive deals and discounts website saving you money on everyday purchases, treats for the family, eating out and utility bills for the home
- Cycle to work scheme
- Shuttle Bus Service to/from Welwyn Garden City Station to Welwyn Campus
- Opportunities to get on - take advantage of our ongoing learning opportunities and award-winning training, to help you achieve the job and career you want
- Our Employee Assistance Programme helps you deal with life’s challenges
- Financial wellness - Tesco has partnered with experts to help you make the most of your money
- Get involved in a range of fundraising activities with our long-term charity partners
About the role
Are you looking for your next career move as an Assistant Buyer? If so, this role could be for you!
As an important component of the team you'll support your Buying Manager to ensure F&F customers can buy beautiful products that are outstanding quality at the right prices.
Please note we have fixed term contracts and permanent opportunities available!
You will be responsible for
- We provide support to keep the function running efficiently and prepare information or product analysis (including for Monday trade).
- We conduct regular store/website visits to understand our competition ranges and prices and to help shape our future product and range requirements.
- We always help to identify new product opportunities and understand how we can work through the different stages of product development from concept to production in order to bring new products into the ranges.
- Active involvement in range building process to support your Manager to deliver fabulous products and ranges, hitting all the key meeting milestones.
- Agreeing prices across multiple products (with support from your manager)
- Understanding product components, technical requirements, sourcing and supply chain issues and commercial margin parameters.
- Collaborating closely with HUBs and suppliers to monitor critical path taking actions to ensure on time delivery
- Day-to-Day management of Buying Administrators within the team, developing their technical skills
- Understanding and supporting the departmental sourcing strategy.
- Following our Business Code of Conduct and always acting with integrity and due diligence
You will need
Ideally we are looking for somebody who has worked as a Buying Assistant or Assistant Buyer. You'll have product development and sourcing experience
We're also seeking someone who has great range building skills, report preparation and analysis experience
Teams we work with:
Working in the Buying team we collaborate with a number of different departments including, the Design team, Merchandise team, Technical Managers, HUB teams and Suppliers.
You will also assist with the day to day management of Buying Administrators
Our vision at Tesco is to become every customer's favourite way to shop, whether they are at home or out on the move. Our core purpose is ‘Serving our customers, communities and planet a little better every day’. Serving means more than a transactional relationship with our customers. It means acting as a responsible and sustainable business for all stakeholders, for the communities we are part of and for the planet.
We are proud to have an inclusive culture at Tesco where everyone truly feels able to be themselves. At Tesco, we not only celebrate diversity, but recognise the value and opportunity it brings. We're committed to creating a workplace where differences are valued, and make sure that all colleagues are given the same opportunities. We're a big business with diverse working patterns and many business areas which means that we can find something that works for you. Everyone is welcome at Tesco.
We have recently announced that we will be moving towards a more blended working week – combining office and remote working. Our offices will continue to be where we connect, collaborate and innovate. Please talk to us to about how this can work for you.
NOTE: Should you be successful in your application, your offer will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details on your agreed start date.