Technology Sourcing Manager
What’s in it for you
- An annual bonus scheme which you can achieve up to 15% of base salary.
- Colleague Clubcard (including a 2nd card for a family member) after 3 months service with 10% off most purchases at Tesco.
- Holiday starting at 25 days plus a personal day.
- A retirement savings plan - 4%-7.5% contribution rate.
- Life Assurance - 5 x contractual pay.
- Buy As You Earn Scheme which allows you to buy Tesco shares and save tax after 3 months of service.
- Save As You Earn Scheme which gives you the opportunity to save direct from your pay for three or five years with the option of using your savings to buy Tesco shares at a discounted price after 1 year of service.
- Access to Tesco Learning and Development Academy.
- Deals & Discounts through Tesco including Tesco Mobile & Tesco Bank.
- Deals and Discounts through many other external businesses.
- Cycle to work and Car Share Schemes.
- Onsite discounted Nuffield Health Gym.
- Subsidised Canteen.
About the role
This is an exciting opportunity to join the Global Technology Infrastructure Team to manage and develop the portfolio of supplier contracts and investments, working with our engineering teams to strategically align our contracts to future initiatives. As part of the Technology function in Tesco, we provide Infrastructure to our Business and all our Technology teams. We are accountable for our central Data Centre & Cloud services including our Global Operations Centre (GOC), Platforms, Networks and Database. In addition, the Workplace services we provide enable our Customers and Colleagues to collaborate and communicate across the Tesco Global business.
You will be responsible for
Whilst specific responsibilities will be dependent upon the changing needs of the Tesco Technology and Infrastructure, the following provides an overview of the role’s key responsibilities and measures:
- Managing the Infrastructure Portfolio for Investments and Maintenance to ensure cost conscious consumption and accurate budget planning and forecasting
- Working with our engineering leadership and functional teams to ensure strategic alignment of initiatives to our supplier contracts
- Defining with our functional teams and procurement experts the go-to market strategy for new contracts, identifying the best commercial model and supporting on RFP/RFQ activities
- Generating insight to identify cost saving opportunities and contributing to the creation of Infrastructure investment business cases
- Proactively identify contract and vendor requirements within the Infrastructure Technology function by:
- Engaging with various internal and external stakeholders to understand long-term business objectives and govern vendor performance to deliver value added benefits
- Ensuring all technology contracts are assessed against criteria such as complexity, value, and risk, to identify those contracts/vendors that should be considered critical
- Ensuring critical contracts are actively and appropriately managed
You will need
Key Skills and Experience (must have)
To be successful in the role you’ll need knowledge, understanding and application of financial planning and commercial contract management principles and must be able to demonstrate experience of:
- Budgeting and commercial exposure in a Technology environment
- Delivering in a fast-paced marketplace balancing investments and maintenance, cloud contracts and subscriptions with different licensing models
- Managing and forecasting technology budgets for investment and maintenance expenditure
- Ability to find the right balance between demand, scope and cost of a contract
- The ability to analyse data, present insights and provide recommendations to senior executives (e.g. for Business Cases and investment decisions)
- An awareness of how financial and commercial contract planning principles are applied within a Technology context
Personal attributes that will make you successful in this role
- Enjoy working with data and using data to drive business decisions at a senior level
- Excellent attention to detail
- Responsive in a fast-changing environment; resilience & willingness to challenge
- Flexibility, ability to plan and organise, creativity, self-starter
- Able to collaborate well and build solid working relationships with peers and senior leadership across different teams
- Ability to demonstrate strong written, verbal communication and presentation skills to all levels of seniority and disciplines within the organisation
Our vision here at Tesco is to become every customer's favourite way to shop, whether they are at home, out shopping, on the move, anywhere in the world.
We want our customers to be inspired and whatever they are looking for, we’re finding bigger and better ways to provide it.
Everything is underpinned by our continuous drive for the best tools and technology to deliver our vision. We’re driving innovation and transforming our Technology to become the world’s leading retailer.
We need people who share our ambition to deliver for our customers; Passionate and confident people willing to take the initiative and drive us forwards. In return we offer excitement, a great team, an excellent benefit package, and significant career development opportunities.
Joining us means playing a part in defining; building and launching an ambitious road map of digital products that could affect the lives of millions of people over the years to come.
If that sounds exciting then we'd love to hear from you!
It remains that Shire Park is our central location for Head Office teams. We have recently announced that we will be moving towards a more blended working week – combining office and remote working. Our base will be the office, where we connect, collaborate and innovate – and there will be the expectation for everyone to be in the office more often than not. For Head Office roles we therefore expect colleagues to spend a proportion of their time at our offices in Shire Park.
We are supportive of colleagues having conversations with hiring managers about what office presence will look like in the context of the role.
NOTE: Should you be successful in your application, your offer will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details on your agreed start date.