Part time Project Manager
The job has expired.
What’s in it for you
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work. These include but aren’t limited to:
- Annual bonus scheme
- Holiday starting at 25 days plus a personal day (plus 8 Bank holidays)
- On-site state of the art gym at our Welwyn Campus with discounted “Gympass” membership & free health checks via Nuffield Health
- Retirement savings plan - save between 4% and 7.5% and Tesco will match your contribution
- Life Assurance - 5 x contractual pay
- Share Schemes – Join our ‘Buy As You Earn’ & ‘Save As You Earn’ share schemes after 3 months service
- Colleague Clubcard (including a 2nd card for a family member) after 3 months service
- Colleague Discounts:
- 10% increasing to 15% after every pay day for a four day period, off most purchases at Tesco
- 10% off One Stop
- 10% off pay monthly & SIM only deals with Tesco Mobile
- 20% off all F&F purchases
- 20% off car, pet and home insurance at Tesco bank. T&C’s apply
- 25% off Tesco Café
- 50% off complete glasses purchases & free eye tests (other offers available) at Vision Express
- 50% off health checks at Tesco Pharmacy
- An exclusive deals and discounts website saving you money on everyday purchases, treats for the family, eating out and utility bills for the home
- Cycle to work scheme
- Shuttle Bus Service to/from Welwyn Garden City Station to Welwyn Campus
- Opportunities to get on - take advantage of our ongoing learning opportunities and award-winning training, to help you achieve the job and career you want
- Our Employee Assistance Programme helps you deal with life’s challenges
- Financial wellness - Tesco has partnered with experts to help you make the most of your money
- Get involved in a range of fundraising activities with our long-term charity partners
About the role
It’s an exciting time to be a Project Manager with #Tesco! As we continue to expand our plans for Click + Collect, launch ‘Whoosh.’ our new superfast delivery service as well as the continued roll out of our UFC programme, no two days will be the same!
By ‘Serving our cutomers, communities and planet a little better every day’ we like to do things differently and are looking for a motivated and enthusiastic part time Project Manager to join the team in Fulfilment Transformation.
You will be responsible for
Analysing problems, developing solutions and managing end-to-end projects from inception through to delivery and review to improve our Distribution processes.
Working collaboratively with colleagues across Tesco to deliver the Distribution & Online Fulfilment strategy, you will lead projects in a structured way following project management best practices.
- Spending time in store/Customer Fulfilment Centres/Distribution operations, engaging with end users to get feedback and generate ideas
- Assessing the financial impact of projects and building the business case
- Working collaboratively to develop full solutions and operating models and trialling these as necessary
- Managing and influencing stakeholders cross-functionally at all levels, at the right time
- Tracking project milestones and deliverables, identifying and managing risks, issues and dependencies, in line with Tesco Project Management best practice and using the appropriate tools and templates
- Responding in a timely manner to changing priorities; adapting and adjusting plans as required
- Landing projects on the front-line, developing the right communication and training materials to support successful implementation
- Ensuring sustainability of the solutions developed, tracking KPIs and benefits, handing over to 'Business As Usual';
- Contributing to make your team a great place to work (e.g. supporting activities like team days or team meetings)
- Being an expert within your area, having awareness of the wider market and sharing knowledge with the wider team
- Defining your objectives with your manager and managing your own development plan to meet this.
You will need
- Experience of delivering operational improvement using relevant methodologies
- Experience working in a business change project management role in a dynamic environment
- Versatility and ability to adapt and respond quickly to changing business priorities
- Interest and experience in Online, Fulfilment and/or Distribution
- Project Management (APM)
- Process Improvement skills (Kaizen, Lean, SixSigma)
- Stakeholder Management
- Communication and presentation skills
- Analytical skills (incl SQL, Excel etc.)
- Technology & Product Management skills
- MS Office (Powerpoint, Visio, Project etc)
We are supportive of colleagues having conversations with hiring managers about what office presence will look like in the context of the role.
NOTE: Should you be successful in your application, your offer will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details on your agreed start date.