Lead Product Manager - Range and Cost Application Technology Change
What’s in it for you
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work. These include but aren’t limited to:
• Annual bonus scheme where you can earn 10-20% of base salary
• Holiday starting at 25 days plus a personal day (plus 8 Bank holidays)
• On-site state of the art gym at our Welwyn Campus with discounted “Gympass” membership & free health checks via Nuffield Health
• Retirement savings plan - save between 4% and 7.5% and Tesco will match your contribution
• Life Assurance - 5 x contractual pay
• Share Schemes – Join our ‘Buy As You Earn’ & ‘Save As You Earn’ share schemes after 3 months service
• Colleague Clubcard (including a 2nd card for a household member) after 3 months service
• Colleague Discounts:
• 10% increasing to 15% after every pay day for a four day period, off most purchases at Tesco
• 10% off One Stop
• 10% off pay monthly & SIM only deals with Tesco Mobile
• 20% off all F&F purchases
• 20% off car, pet and home insurance at Tesco bank. T&C’s apply
• 25% off Tesco Café
• 50% off complete glasses purchases & free eye tests (other offers available) at Vision Express
• 50% off health checks at Tesco Pharmacy
• An exclusive deals and discounts website saving you money on everyday purchases, treats for the family, eating out and utility bills for the home
• Cycle to work scheme
• Shuttle Bus Service to/from Hatfield & Welwyn Garden City Station to Welwyn Campus & Hatfield Offices
• Opportunities to get on - take advantage of our ongoing learning opportunities and award-winning training, to help you achieve the job and career you want
• Our Employee Assistance Programme helps you deal with life’s challenges
• Financial wellness - Tesco has partnered with experts to help you make the most of your money
• Get involved in a range of fundraising activities with our long-term charity partners
About the role
We have an amazing opportunity for an experienced Lead Product Manager to join Tesco’s Technology Change Team where our mission is to transform how Tesco manages all aspects of its product lifecycle through the introduction of a best-in-class retail trading platform focussed on three key goals: Work Simply, Be Effective & Efficient, Build Strong Trusted Partnerships
Our platform consists of a range of enterprise-applications that manage various aspects of trading, and the Product Manager will be joining our Trading & Planning Product Team to take responsibility for a number of these apps, driving the strategy and vision for your portfolio and coaching and supporting the Product Managers in your team.
We are looking for an ambitious individual who can demonstrate a passion for solving problems, working collaboratively, and embracing technology and change. It would be ideal if you have experience in one or more the following areas: Retail sector, enterprise applications, API focussed solutions
You will be responsible for
• Driving product strategy: managing multiple internal/external stakeholders, drive product strategy, roadmap and execution for your applications by leading a team of talented Product Managers.
• Understand your business stakeholders and their pain points really well and steer your team in the right direction by putting the best team members in the most value generating products/ business priorities.
• Set clear goals and KPIs for your team members and periodically review all the KPIs owned by the team spanning across multiple products and provide feedback on improving those.
• Handle conflicting priorities well, communicate clearly and understand how to drive a high level of focus and excellence with a strong, talented and opinionated team.
• Identify and remove impediments faced by the team by working with your Head of Product and other stakeholders and proactively flag any risks or delays in your commitments.
• Contribute in capability and capacity planning to Product Management for your own Product area to ensure capacity to drive work.
• Build and nurture a great team of Product Managers for your Product, based on the business needs, strategic priorities assigned, and level of focus required.
• Carry out people routines for direct reports and develop talented people.
• Identify and remove impediments to ensure your team is successful in delivering the committed deliverables.
• Motivate the team by ensuring they have fulfilling roles, proper rewards and recognition strategies.
• Conduct fair performance appraisals and provide constructive feedback for your team.
• Collaborate with Head of Product to understand future demand and direction of your product.
• Be responsible for achieving or exceeding agreed product KPIs improvements across all the products owned/ managed by your team
You will need
- Extensive experience of Product Management in relation to both the development of compelling applications that users’ value and the successful integration between applications and a complex suite of API’s
- Experience of working in a complex change environment which encompasses multiple product and engineering teams, both local and remote, to deliver enterprise wide applications and features
- The ability to build strong working relationships with peers, stakeholders, and teams across the business. Able to leverage these relationships to build consensus, drive change, and deliver value
- Excellent prioritisation and decision-making skills with demonstrable experience of building compelling change arguments, driving consensus, and managing business/backlog priorities in general
- Have proven success in leading a team of highly talented product managers and taken multiple ideas from conception to go-live, through standard software product development lifecycle and got measurable success across defined KPIs.
- Extensive experience with both UX/UI and transactional APIs and service-oriented architecture. Technically competent to influence and understand the solution context and approach (legacy, tactical, strategic) and aid engineering in estimating the complexity of work being requested.
- Have successfully built inclusive teams where everyone is welcome and is able to thrive
Our vision here at Tesco is to become every customer's favourite way to shop, whether they are at home or out on the move. Our core purpose is ‘Serving Britain's shoppers a little better every day’. Our business was built with a simple mission – to be the champion for customers, helping them to enjoy a better quality of life and an easier way of living. This hasn't changed. Customers want great products at great value which they can buy easily and it's our job to deliver this in the right way for them. In the UK, we serve some 66 shoppers every second, so it's our goal to ensure every one of those customers experiences just a little better service on each visit.
At Tesco, inclusion means that Everyone’s Welcome. Everyone is treated fairly and with respect; by valuing individuality and uniqueness we create a sense of belonging.
Diversity and inclusion have always been at the heart of Tesco. It is embedded in our values: we treat people how they want to be treated. We always want our colleagues to feel they can be themselves at work and we are committed to helping them be at their best.
Across the Tesco group we are building an inclusive workplace, a place to actively celebrate the cultures, personalities and preferences of our colleagues – who in turn help to build the success of our business and reflect the diversity of the communities we serve.
It remains that Shire Park is our central location for Head Office teams. We have recently announced that we will be moving towards a more blended working week – combining office and remote working. Our base will be the office, where we connect, collaborate and innovate – and there will be the expectation for everyone to be in the office more often than not. For Head Office roles we therefore expect colleagues to spend a proportion of their time at our offices in Shire Park.
We are supportive of colleagues having conversations with hiring managers about what office presence will look like in the context of the role.
NOTE: Should you be successful in your application, your offer will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details on your agreed start date.