People Partner - Distribution, Daventry and Peterborough
This job has been closed.
What’s in it for you
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work. These include but aren’t limited to:
- Annual bonus scheme
- Holiday starting at 25 days plus a personal day (plus 8 Bank holidays)
- On-site state of the art gym at our Welwyn Campus with discounted “Gympass” membership & free health checks via Nuffield Health
- Retirement savings plan - save between 4% and 7.5% and Tesco will match your contribution
- Life Assurance - 5 x contractual pay
- Share Schemes – Join our ‘Buy As You Earn’ & ‘Save As You Earn’ share schemes after 3 months service
- Colleague Clubcard (including a 2nd card for a family member) after 3 months service
- Colleague Discounts:
- 10% increasing to 15% after every pay day for a four day period, off most purchases at Tesco
- 10% off One Stop
- 10% off pay monthly & SIM only deals with Tesco Mobile
- 20% off all F&F purchases
- 20% off car, pet and home insurance at Tesco bank. T&C’s apply
- 25% off Tesco Café
- 50% off complete glasses purchases & free eye tests (other offers available) at Vision Express
- 50% off health checks at Tesco Pharmacy
- An exclusive deals and discounts website saving you money on everyday purchases, treats for the family, eating out and utility bills for the home
- Cycle to work scheme
- Shuttle Bus Service to/from Welwyn Garden City Station to Welwyn Campus
- Opportunities to get on - take advantage of our ongoing learning opportunities and award-winning training, to help you achieve the job and career you want
- Our Employee Assistance Programme helps you deal with life’s challenges
- Financial wellness - Tesco has partnered with experts to help you make the most of your money
- Get involved in a range of fundraising activities with our long-term charity partners
About the role
We are delighted to share a new opportunity for a People Partner to cover Distribution, Daventry and Peterborough.
People Partners work with our WL3+ leaders to drive a great colleague experience, focusing on building a talent pipeline for the future as well supporting leaders create an inclusive place to work. They are the point of people expertise for their part of the business.
This role would suit someone who has a broad knowledge of general HR principles which includes specialist knowledge of internal or external talent management and acquisition.
You will be responsible for
- Partner Store Directors, Area Manager or Centre Managers in your area to deliver a great colleague experience focused on talent/development of people and health & wellness.
- Support Store Directors, Area Manager or Centre Managers to coach and develop high potential talent whilst ensuring those who need support to improve are supported
- Responsible for supply/demand and succession planning for our future Managers.
- Looking ahead, planning for the future and creating diverse channels agnostic career paths for those wanting to get on, ensuring diversity & inclusion is embedded into everything I do so our talent pipeline reflects the communities we serve.
- Driving the talent agenda locally, coaching Store/Centre Managers and high performing - Team/Lead Managers; working with emerging talent groups.
- Engage the teams you partner to deploy the people plan priorities as well as our core people cycle activities.
- Self-serve using central platforms to provide people insight to teams which informs judgement, action planning and decision making at a local level.
- Working with local union representatives and officials on any business as usual or local activity.
- Provide expert support and guidance locally with sensitive wellness cases or people crisis situations.
- Supporting the deployment of change projects into stores/centres focusing on talent moves/interventions, training and development to implement right first time
- Supporting the alignment of colleague and management hours, so our resource is where customers need it.
- Coaching Store/Centre Managers and their teams on their responsibilities for Work & Pay system.
- Provide expert support and guidance during recruitment campaigns.
- Spending time where it is needed, using a variety of ways to engage and communicate with teams you partner including digital solutions.
- Keeping up to date with People Practices both internally and externally
- Distribution: Working in line with local site agreements, coaching managers on policy variations and identifying & supporting standardisation and simplification work for the future
You will need
- Broad knowledge of general HR principles which includes specialist knowledge of internal or external talent management and acquisition.
- CIPD qualification or equivalent desireable
- Experience of developing and executing strategic plans.
We are supportive of colleagues having conversations with hiring managers about what office presence will look like in the context of the role.
NOTE: Should you be successful in your application, your offer will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details on your agreed start date.