The job has expired.
What’s in it for you
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work. These include but aren’t limited to:
- Annual bonus scheme where you can earn up to 5% of base salary
- Holiday starting at 20 days plus a personal day rising to 22 days after 12 months (plus 8 Bank holidays)
- On-site state of the art gym at our Welwyn Campus with discounted “Gympass” membership & free health checks via Nuffield Health
- Retirement savings plan - save between 4% and 7.5% and Tesco will match your contribution
- Life Assurance - 5 x contractual pay
- Share Schemes – Join our ‘Buy As You Earn’ & ‘Save As You Earn’ share schemes after 3 months service
- Colleague Clubcard (including a 2nd card for a family member) after 3 months service
- Colleague Discounts:
- 10% increasing to 15% after every pay day for a four day period, off most purchases at Tesco
- 10% off One Stop
- 10% off pay monthly & SIM only deals with Tesco Mobile
- 20% off all F&F purchases
- 20% off car, pet and home insurance at Tesco bank. T&C’s apply
- 25% off Tesco Café
- 50% off complete glasses purchases & free eye tests (other offers available) at Vision Express
- 50% off health checks at Tesco Pharmacy
- An exclusive deals and discounts website saving you money on everyday purchases, treats for the family, eating out and utility bills for the home
- Cycle to work scheme
- Shuttle Bus Service to/from Welwyn Garden City Station to Welwyn Campus
- Opportunities to get on - take advantage of our ongoing learning opportunities and award-winning training, to help you achieve the job and career you want
- Our Employee Assistance Programme helps you deal with life’s challenges
- Financial wellness - Tesco has partnered with experts to help you make the most of your money
- Get involved in a range of fundraising activities with our long-term charity partners
About the role
Nothing is more important to us than the trust of our customers. That's why we have a team of experts who make sure that every Tesco product is not only safe, legal and ethically sourced, but is also of the great quality and value that our customers expect. Our team of over 1,000 product quality colleagues across the world make sure that the sourcing, production and handling of each product meets our stringent policies and standards.
This role will support the activation of the Product Strategy; Supporting, inspiring & educating the product development team, helping to identify & drive Food & Culinary trends.
The Hiring Manager for this role is Jamie Robinson
You will be responsible for
- Support & deliver the activation of the product strategy to help lead the future direction of Tesco by bringing food to life for senior stakeholders, colleagues and customers.
- Using your culinary skills to help support product development team & supplier partners elevate our innovation & product improvement programme; so, we develop market leading products our customers love.
- Deliver the 3-year view on food trends, knowledge in ingredients, flavours, recipes & techniques across the food industry. Sharing with line managers and Product Developers where applicable.
- Collaborate with the events team to ensure we execute food-led events for internal and external stakeholders to the highest standards, in line with brief, timeline and budget to build trust in our brand.
- Adhere to food safety management in Heart development area, ordering & quality for all internal & external events.
- Advocating Tesco own label products in all menu and showcase development.
- Ensuring all our products are formulated in line with our product development principles and Every Little Helps Plan.
- Deliver a culture of creativity, innovation & passion for product within the product team, supply base & Heart.
- Supporting our “Chef Network” to build supplier relationships & deliver a common approach to product development and help to activate culinary trends.
- Following our business code of conduct & always acting with integrity and due diligence.
You will need
Experience relevant for this job:
- Hospitality & Culinary experience.
- Event & Catering experience.
- Food Development experience preferred.
- Understanding of supplier capability preferred.
- A passion for food & trends.
Operational skills relevant for this job:
- Ability to deliver a high standard of catering for events.
- Organisation skills.
- Project Management.
- Culinary trend analysis.
Tesco has become a market leader by doing the little things that really matter for our customers and colleagues. It is part of what makes Tesco such a great place to work!
We are the UK's number one retailer and we pride ourselves on offering a great shopping experience. We are passionate about our food, merchandise and services and will always try to get things right for our customers.
But did you know we also offer great job opportunities? With stores, distribution centres and offices across the UK, we have a vast variety of roles and we are always looking for people who have a hunger to work with customers and colleagues across our exciting business. We believe in treating each other with respect and giving everyone an equal opportunity to get on. It's our people that make the difference every day - helping us make a difference for our customers.
We are proud to have an inclusive culture at Tesco where everyone is welcome and truly feels able to be themselves. At Tesco, we not only celebrate diversity, but recognise the value and opportunity it brings to enable us to serve our shoppers a little better every day. We strive to create a workforce that reflects our customers not only here in the UK, but worldwide. Our aim is to attract and welcome a diverse range applicants from all walks of life, offering many varying working patterns across our business and we would love to hear from you!
It remains that Shire Park is our central location for Head Office teams. We have recently announced that we will be moving towards a more blended working week – combining office and remote working. Our base will be the office, where we connect, collaborate and innovate – and there will be the expectation for everyone to be in the office more often than not. For Head Office roles we therefore expect colleagues to spend a proportion of their time at our offices in Shire Park.
We are supportive of colleagues having conversations with hiring managers about what office presence will look like in the context of the role.
NOTE: Should you be successful in your application, your offer will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details on your agreed start date.