Project Manager - Technology Change
What’s in it for you
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work. These include but aren’t limited to:
• Annual bonus scheme where you can earn 10-20% of base salary
• Holiday starting at 25 days plus a personal day (plus 8 Bank holidays)
• On-site state of the art gym at our Welwyn Campus with discounted “Gympass” membership & free health checks via Nuffield Health
• Retirement savings plan - save between 4% and 7.5% and Tesco will match your contribution
• Life Assurance - 5 x contractual pay
• Share Schemes – Join our ‘Buy As You Earn’ & ‘Save As You Earn’ share schemes after 3 months service
• Colleague Clubcard (including a 2nd card for a household member) after 3 months service
• Colleague Discounts:
• 10% increasing to 15% after every pay day for a four day period, off most purchases at Tesco
• 10% off One Stop
• 10% off pay monthly & SIM only deals with Tesco Mobile
• 20% off all F&F purchases
• 20% off car, pet and home insurance at Tesco bank. T&C’s apply
• 25% off Tesco Café
• 50% off complete glasses purchases & free eye tests (other offers available) at Vision Express
• 50% off health checks at Tesco Pharmacy
• An exclusive deals and discounts website saving you money on everyday purchases, treats for the family, eating out and utility bills for the home
• Cycle to work scheme
• Shuttle Bus Service to/from Hatfield & Welwyn Garden City Station to Welwyn Campus & Hatfield Offices
• Opportunities to get on - take advantage of our ongoing learning opportunities and award-winning training, to help you achieve the job and career you want
• Our Employee Assistance Programme helps you deal with life’s challenges
• Financial wellness - Tesco has partnered with experts to help you make the most of your money
• Get involved in a range of fundraising activities with our long-term charity partners
About the role
Our vision is to transform how colleagues and suppliers across Tesco buy and sell products for customers. Through delivering brilliant change across people, technology, process and policy, this role will help ensure we work simply, efficiently and effectively, building trusted partnerships with our suppliers. The Project Manager will work closely with Technology teams, Product Commercial teams, Finance and Legal teams and colleagues in Tesco Business Services to deliver processes and systems that bring Tesco closer to a global Service Model / single way of working. The successful candidate will have a solid grasp of project management methodology to ensure benefits are delivered on time and within budget. Time will be spent working closely with stakeholders, therefore great communication and collaboration skills are essential.
You will be responsible for
- Designing and implementing global simplification opportunities.
- Defining the initial problem statement.
- Producing the project plan and subsequently tracking and reporting progress to the governance forum.
- Building project business cases.
- Supporting to map and record the future state process.
- Setting up and managing governance forums by engaging key sponsors.
- Managing key stakeholders and dependencies to establish ways of working and on time delivery.
- Identifying and managing project risks and issues, escalating where appropriate.
- Implementing projects on time and on budget.
- Working closely with Change Managers to land change effectively and sustainably.
- Managing the project team at the same time as supporting team member on the job learning.
- Tracking project benefits after go-live against the original business case and measures of success.
- Establishing support & escalation routes.
- Capturing lessons learned and handing over to business as usual.
- Following our Business Code of Conduct and always acting with integrity and due diligence.
You will need
- Project Management experience from concept to implementation within a complex, large organisation framework.
- Experience of being a Project Manager within a team of people delivering change.
- Experience of delivering process improvement.
- Experience of identifying and tracking costs and benefits.
- Stakeholder management.
- Communication and presentation skills.
- Project management methodology.
- Process Improvement skills.
- Financial modelling (inc. business case development)
- Organisation skills (including time management).
- Data analysis and report preparation.
- MS Office.
Our vision here at Tesco is to become every customer's favourite way to shop, whether they are at home or out on the move. Our core purpose is ‘Serving Britain's shoppers a little better every day’. Our business was built with a simple mission – to be the champion for customers, helping them to enjoy a better quality of life and an easier way of living. This hasn't changed. Customers want great products at great value which they can buy easily and it's our job to deliver this in the right way for them. In the UK, we serve some 66 shoppers every second, so it's our goal to ensure every one of those customers experiences just a little better service on each visit.
At Tesco, inclusion means that Everyone’s Welcome. Everyone is treated fairly and with respect; by valuing individuality and uniqueness we create a sense of belonging.
Diversity and inclusion have always been at the heart of Tesco. It is embedded in our values: we treat people how they want to be treated. We always want our colleagues to feel they can be themselves at work and we are committed to helping them be at their best.
Across the Tesco group we are building an inclusive workplace, a place to actively celebrate the cultures, personalities and preferences of our colleagues – who in turn help to build the success of our business and reflect the diversity of the communities we serve.
It remains that Shire Park is our central location for Head Office teams. We have recently announced that we will be moving towards a more blended working week – combining office and remote working. Our base will be the office, where we connect, collaborate and innovate – and there will be the expectation for everyone to be in the office more often than not. For Head Office roles we therefore expect colleagues to spend a proportion of their time at our offices in Shire Park.
We are supportive of colleagues having conversations with hiring managers about what office presence will look like in the context of the role.
NOTE: Should you be successful in your application, your offer will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details on your agreed start date.